TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I also got a season pass purchased during the labor day sale... I had the skip the line but it had an expiration date of May 10th I believe

for some reason we never got one, and I could have sworn it was supposed to be a perk when we bought it. . . so since there wasn't a line at the Season Pass center, I took the time to go ask. worked out well for me

As the weather today was absolutely not waterpark-ideal weather (84, humid, and overcast, really not that bad tbh), naturally I decided to go to the waterpark for a few hours to try out Thunder Rapids and the fun tube slides. The lines everywhere were non-existent. Wonder Woman probably had a line, but the dry park wasn't on the priority list so idk what it was like.

Didn't realize that Mineshaft and Six Chuter had been rethemed- they're called Bermuda Triangle and Riptide Runner and are more colorful now (part of the 2017 addition with Thunder Rapids I think). My opinions changed since last time I was here -

Bermuda Triangle (x1) - Just as awesome as I remembered, a little shorter maybe. The airtime can get pretty ridiculous and the sensation of speed is off the charts. In my opinion, still the best water ride in the park. 10/10

Thunder Rapids (x3) - A lot of people here aren't huge about this ride but I think it's absolutely solid. The saucer turns are hilariously fast and the way the water blasts you after every uphill section is really fun. A little lacking in airtime compared to some of these other rides, but still very fun and gets you absolutely soaked. Some of the valleys slam you down kinda like an old out-and-back wooden coaster, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. 9.5/10

Riptide Runner (x1) - Not quite as good as I remembered, but still very enjoyable and intense. Some of the turns slam you to and past 90 degrees and it's still one of the more intense slides here. 8.5/10

Big Bender (x1) - This one jumped a TON from last time I rode. The airtime isn't quite as strong as Bermuda Triangle, but the sensation of speed is greater and the ride overall is a bit longer (plus it goes down the hill which is cool). Much better than I remembered. 10/10

Whirlpool (x1) - I'd forgotten how fun this thing is. It really gets you going and then you plunge down a MASSIVE steep drop before hitting the toilet bowl, banking 90 degrees on the first time around, then slow down during the next few rounds, then drop (usually backwards) to the end of the ride. 10/10

Oh, I'm aware how waterpark-ideal that is (used to live in Rhode Island), but because it's Texas, everybody turns their thermostats up to 92, puts on their cowboy boots and hides inside if it's 84 and overcast with light showers in June, leaving the amusement parks ridiculously empty and the waterparks somehow less so.

Oh, I'm aware how waterpark-ideal that is (used to live in Rhode Island), but because it's Texas, everybody turns their thermostats up to 92, puts on their cowboy boots and hides inside if it's 84 and overcast with light showers in June, leaving the amusement parks ridiculously empty and the waterparks somehow less so.

yep.

when it hits 100. . that's when the waterparks fill up.

but my experience last Sunday was the park was slammed, until the sun came out from behind the clouds, the temps shot up, and THEN everyone went to the waterpark section.

The only waterpark I would avoid in sub-90 weather is actually one of my favorites, the old side of Schlitterbahn. The water there is straight from the Comal iirc and it's freezing.

The water at SFFT's waterpark is comfortably cool and perfectly acceptable for any temperature that we'd actually get in Texas during the summer.

The iron rattler is fixed and running... The road runner however I found out that apparently the part they need for it can only be ordered from China and takes 1 to 2 months to ship over and the part they ordered was the wrong size so they had to order a new one of the right size... Employee said they are expecting it to be down till mid August

What a great looking carousel! That's a nice sized one, one which I wish we had here at Playland.

Ours is 1/2 the size of this one. We had a much larger one "back in the day," but no more.

Looking forward to more photos of it, when it's finally all put together, and up and running!

^ Wow, thanks for the shot! Looks awesome!

Funny that our carousel has more stark white lights on it, than these "golden" ones on yours.

IMG_5622.JPG.b54ec50fd74e8e5d02378fd67fb9effe.JPG

Fright Night, 2017.

the new location really is lovely.. . I'm impressed, and cannot wait for it to open back up.

(yeah, i'm a carousel nerd)

here's what it looked like in the last location (it's been several places in the park) where it used to sit before that became the entrance to Wonder Woman Golden Lasso coaster: was called "Amerigoround"

100_2012__medium__0.jpg

and here's a vid of it in action in that old location:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone that is heading out to Fiesta, Road Runner Express is finally back open. It had been down for at least 3 months waiting on a lift chain, is what I heard. Missed it my last 2 times down to SA so looking forward to riding it in August.

Also the carousel opened in it's new location a few days ago. Can't wait to check that out as well!

That's awesome! I'm gonna be at SFFT sometime early this week so I'll definitely make sure to see how it's running now that it's back.

Rode it on Sunday night... It's running good... They had a huge chain on the back of a truck between the roadrunner and irat

Thanks to the heat, the park is positively dead today. IRat was a walk-on or one train wait for every row, including the front. Wonder Woman maybe 15-20? breaks down a lot so it's hard to tell. Road Runner is running great (although with only one train).

Water park is moderately busy but even that has tolerable waits. If you can brave the heat it's a great day to be here, lol

Just curious, is the back car still blocked off on one train on Iron Rattler or did they fix that?

It was like that back in late April and figured it was just a recent thing, but I saw another report mention it still blocked off last month.

Just curious, is the back car still blocked off on one train on Iron Rattler or did they fix that?

It was like that back in late April and figured it was just a recent thing, but I saw another report mention it still blocked off last month.

They finally fixed it some time earlier this month.