TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I’m guessing the ride won’t have a roof over the station. Be a terrible move if so with that Texas heat. I just haven’t found one photo showing the station. The park opens this weekend so probably will get my answer then. I’m trying to get into the vip night on March 9th.

they are having a music festival there on 3/3 (next Saturday), and they are advertising the opening of Wonder Woman for festival attendees.

so yeah, basically 9 days. . this sucker will officially be open in 10 days!

http://botanicamusicfestival.com/

"The inaugural Botanica Music Festival takes place March 3, 2018 at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. Botanica is a family friendly event that features over 20 performers on multiple stages, from international touring acts to local favorites, as well as fun activities, amazing local food, signature beverages, and more. In addition, we are excited to announce that all attendees will have full and exclusive access to the rides of Six Flags Fiesta Texas as part of the event ticket. PLUS, the park will be debuting its new Wonder Woman Golden Lasso roller coaster that weekend just for us!"

Okay, this is wierd but...

Maybe they should put up a Group Rider Line queue, for those who want to "ride together", etc.

Total reversal on the other queue, LOL!

I have to assume this is going to be assigned seats.

Iron Rattler is already chaos from folks trying to arrange so that their group can all ride the same train at the same time (that queue house is nuts, some giant supports in the center of several of the middle rows, so it's hard to get lines to form. . .Fiesta tried to remedy with a "grouper" at the top of the ramp, but what happens is that everyone goes to the front or back (lengthy wait queues set up for them) that then block the whole rest of the line, so the middle cars never seem to have much of a line, since the people are blocked (either from other humans, or from the supports). . .if that makes any sense.

but yeah. . totally see this as there's going to be a Six Flags staff member at the entrance to queue house, basically putting folks in certain lines.

we'll see in just a week

Tentatively, we're gonna hit up the park next Sunday (Sat is that music festival).

not expecting to be able to get on WW. . really just expecting to drive down, eat lunch, and maybe get a ride on Poltergeist or IR.

but hopefully we can swing it, and get some pics

So the rides opening has been delayed a bit. Glad I decided not to go the music fest. I only wanted to go for a chance to ride. Good for Fiesta to give a ticket to come back and ride Wonder Woman for those going.

Wonder Woman roller coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas won’t be ready for Botánica Music Festival

All the world will have to wait just a little bit longer for Wonder Woman’s first roller coaster.

The new Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas originally was slated to host its first riders Saturday during the Botánica Music Festival inside the theme park. Instead, the ride will shoot for a mid-March spring break debut.

Festival-goers still can go for a spin on the new coaster, just at a later date. All Botánica ticket holders will receive a free Fiesta Texas ticket so they can return to the park when the coaster is up and running.

A chance to ride the new coaster was touted as one of the benefits when changes to the new festival were announced in January. What orignially was announced as a two-day festival to be staged in the Fiesta Texas parking lot became a one-day event inside the park. The Botánica Music Festival still includes exclusive access to other Fiesta Texas rides.

Billed as the world’s first single rail coaster, the new Wonder Woman ride sports a straight-down 90-degree drop that would give its title hero’s invisible jet a run for the money in the thrills department. The coaster also features two airtime hills, a zero-g roll and overbanked turns.

Fiesta Texas practically has its own Justice League of coasters. The new Wonder Woman coaster joins Batman: The Ride, the world’s first 4D free-fly coaster, and Superman: Krypton Coaster, a large steel coaster with a 145-foot tall loop.

René A. Guzman is a San Antonio Express-News staff writer. Read more of his stories here. | rguzman@express-news.net | @reneguz

https://m.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/article/New-roller-coaster-won-t-be-ready-for-Bot-nica-12710198.php#item-85307-tbla-32