Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 753 - Cyborg Ride Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby bobbie68 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:15 am

Hi nice report. glad you enjoyed the park. I was there as well on Saturday. Yea when fright fest started the crowds were there. The food lines for dinner and late snacks were busy. It was busier during the Big E then previous years.

I also didn't realize they fixed the train on Goliath. I rode it a few years ago and it was very jarring and gave me a bad headache. I might have to try it again. I liked the original trains a lot. It ran smooth back then.

I have been going to this park for over 45 years as it has changed owners. I have to say they are doing a good job with keeping it up. The one set of bathrooms that was a problem by Take 6 are awesome now since renovation.

My family's one big complaint too on Superman is those darn restraints on the leg. Those bars hurt on the side of your knee. I would love Millennium's trains on this ride. I remember when they were not like that. It changed after several people were seen putting their legs out the side years back.

We enjoyed the outside buffet across from J B's. They are not sure how much longer it will be out because of the cold. Take 6 has really good wraps and I like Macho Nacho here better then SF Great Adventure.

Actually Scream is one of my favorite drop towers for air time if you get the shooting one. Overall it is nice to have this park close to my home and we go usually a couple of times a month.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:14 am

Nothing has changed with Goliath, it is still the same garbage ride it has been since 2014. The train jackhammers in every section that goes fast and the cobra roll bangs your head around. The only somewhat enjoyable sections are the spikes. I rode twice on Sunday and the ride is still trash.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:36 am

Goliath with it's new train ranges from "actually not terrible" to a jackhammering shitpile from row to row and seat to seat. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. There have been plenty of times where I rode with Brit and we both had wildly different experiences even though we were in the same row.

It's a shame, with it's old train it was an awesome ride.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:39 am

Also the fact the park got new trains for both their inverts has me optimistic they'll one day get new trains for Superman.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:35 am

Ah yes, I didn't mention Scream, two towers operated Saturday, the original Turbo Drop only tower was running and the second tower was in combo mode until the afternoon then it was just a Space Shot. I still prefer the first generation space shots over any of the S&S Shot Towers.

Bummer with Goliath, I rode 4 times on Saturday and had no issues with it at all, must have been lucky!

I also have a feeling that the park got busy as The Big E had the highest attendance in record that day. For a single day Saturday saw 172,659 guests. That is insane!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:08 am

What is The Big E? I have never heard of it until reading posts on this forum thread.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 am

njcoasterguy34 wrote:What is The Big E? I have never heard of it until reading posts on this forum thread.

Check it out.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm

njcoasterguy34 wrote:What is The Big E? I have never heard of it until reading posts on this forum thread.

I posted a TR of the Big E back in 2016. It's New England's largest carnival. This year they had 4.5 credits (depends if you count a gravity driven dark ride as a coaster), a drop tower, and some crazy inverting rides. Beyond that, they have vendors, parades, shows, music, and food. If it can be deep fried, you can find it there. Some of the oddest foods included deep fried shepherd's pie, deep fried Kool Aid, and a BBQ brisket sundae.

Big E
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ice1972 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:27 am

Lol the Big E.....we went once.....gonna head up to SFNE tomorrow....haven’t been in a few weeks....kids were itching for rides on Wicked Cyclone and Supe.....gonna have to go early - like opening to 6 - cuz the kiddos hate FF....couple years ago we were late getting out of the park by like 5 min and I had to carry my then 9 yr old the whole way out of the park.....if you don’t know the exit is all uphill.....she’s not over it lol

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Sluggo77 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:15 am

Great news! It’s being reported that Superman is back to running two trains. Didn’t think we would see it happen this year. Nice work by the maintenance crew!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!