Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 753 - Cyborg Ride Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:55 am

Great report! Harley Quinn really does look excellent at night and you lucked out with low waits on a summer day.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Postby thrillrider » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:33 am

I just posted a trip report from the park here...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75949&start=40
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Sluggo77 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Wow sorry to hear that you had such a bad time. This is my home park and I’ve never had an experience like yours. As a matter of fact the weather was not good July 3rd yet the park stayed open, got all the rides back open and still held the evening ERT even though the park was virtually empty.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Hello all, my home park is SFA and I will be taking the long journey from Baltimore to Agawam over the weekend. I'll likely have one full day at the park on saturday and may possibly have a few hours on Sunday but i'm not holding my breath on that. Is it possible that y'all can inform me on what to expect, what policies are different from those at SFA and what the must-dos are outside of the major rides. I'd also love any tips about how to have a much better day at the park. Thank you in Advance.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:35 pm

One major difference is the reride policy in that SFNE makes you walk around for each ride even if there's no line. They also have a few rides where you can't leave loose articles on the ride platform (Superman, Wicked Cyclone, Batman, Riddler).

On the positive side, beyond the coasters you have some great flats in Harley Quinn, SkyScreamer, Scream, and Houdini. Also make sure you ride Superman at least once in the very front. It'll probably be an extra 30-40 minute wait since it's supposedly down to one train while waiting on a part for the other train, but it's worth it.

Pandemonium (Flash Pass line) and Scream (exit) have two little known single rider lines that can save you a lot of time. Batman occasionally has one on the Flash Pass entrance (ask the greeter) and Goliath has one but it's towards the end of the main queue.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks for the information. Do you or anybody else have any similar insight about the Waterpark?
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:21 pm

If you have any intentions of riding Typhoon (their water coaster), do that first. If the queue is at the bottom of the tower, it's an hour wait.

After that, hit the other 4 person raft slides if you plan to do those too like Swiss Family Toboggan (surprisingly good), Tornado, or Zooma Falls. The 2 person raft slides and body slides don't usually get waits beyond 15-20 minutes.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Thank you so much.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby gp1086 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:43 am

May be heading out to the park next Saturday:

(1) Worth It to snag the gold flash pass if I want to ride everything (including most flats and water rides)? How is the single rider line situation?

(2) thoughts on quality of Holiday Inn Enfield vs Hampton Inn Enfield? About $100 difference in price across the two nights.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:30 am

gp1086 wrote:May be heading out to the park next Saturday:

(1) Worth It to snag the gold flash pass if I want to ride everything (including most flats and water rides)? How is the single rider line situation?

(2) thoughts on quality of Holiday Inn Enfield vs Hampton Inn Enfield? About $100 difference in price across the two nights.

Probably a good idea to get one, the park is usually pretty busy on Saturdays depending on weather. Also Superman’s blue train is not operational at the moment, so might be a good idea if you want to ride more than 1-2 times. Line is probably going to be very long with one train.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!