Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 753 - Cyborg Ride Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:25 am

coasterbill wrote:Goliath just opened for the season for the six people that care. Hurry up and ride it before it breaks. :lol:

So did this thing seriously run for a few hours on Monday, most of Tuesday and then break again? :lol:

Untitled.png
Source: Queue-Times

Postby thrillrider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:36 am

coasterbill wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Goliath just opened for the season for the six people that care. Hurry up and ride it before it breaks. :lol:

So did this thing seriously run for a few hours on Monday, most of Tuesday and then break again? :lol:

Untitled.png

Got to the park yesterday around 1, and it's been closed the whole time we have been here. Today they are giving up and closing the park at 3 because there are a few rain showers moving in.
I'll get into the craziness I have witnessed at this park after we get to our hotel room in a bit.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:42 am

thrillrider wrote:Today they are giving up and closing the park at 3 because there are a few rain showers moving in.

Yeah, at this point I just avoid Six Flags parks on days where the weather is even slightly questionable since they routinely close the parks due to low attendance and blame weather whenever they possibly can. There will be passing showers throughout the day, but they knew that hours ago. It's not a washout.

Postby thrillrider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:21 pm

And conveniently an hour before you can use your dinning plan as well.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby thrillrider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:21 pm

I don't even know where to begin. Everything from the operations to the management gets a failing grade. Everything from poor service, to major safety violations. Ill just list them.

1. Closing the park at 3pm, and the rain is just now starting at around 5pm. No major storms....just scattered rain. The park was by no means buisy. 5 min waits tops. I'm positive that had more to do with it than the weather did. It's awfully conviniant that tgey also close an hour before your dinner dinning plan can be used.
2. Rude staff. Seriously, is every worker here in a bad mood?

3. Height limits on rides. I have never been to a parks that checks your height as this park does. I was denied being able to ride the parks version of a wipeout because I was "too tall". I have been on this ride at every park I have been to that has one with no issues.

4. Closing kiddy rides an hour before the park closes. The park closed at 9pm. I can understand if the park closed at 11 or 12, but closing them at 8pm is just dumb. My kids were not impressed with this. And to make it even worse, they did not even open a bunch of them today because it "rained out this morning". They claimed that the rides can't run if it rained out. BS...every other park they can. It was again because of budget cutting.

5. The BIGGEST issue I had was a major safety issue with the parks rapids ride. This is another ride that they decided not to open today. The problem is, the rides entrance was wide open and the ride was running on auto pilot. People were walking into the station starting to get into the ride that was running with zero employees around. People almost got in and rode the ride. The water was flowing and rafts were being dispatched automatically. I exited the ride and asked to talk to a supervisor about this. Her excuse was that there was supposed to be a chain across the entrance. So I asked her was a chain supposed to stop someone from entering the ride area and falling in? She had no answer for me other than "sorry". At the least, they could have posted an employee at the entrance to prevent an issue. She also claimed that they keep the ride running so the Reservoir does not fill up....whatever that means. Even the security guard was pissed because of the safety issues with this. The management had nothig to sau other than the typical hollow "sorry".

I can go on and on about other things as well. This park is a mess compared to other six flags parks.
20180628_135723.jpg
Nobody's home, but the ride is running.
20180628_135932.jpg
Nobody
20180628_153513.jpg
No goliath...still
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Haven't been to SFNE, but jeez that's approaching Mt. Olympus levels of bad if the stories are all true.
1. Millennium Force | 2. New Texas Giant | 3. Outlaw Run | 4. Maverick | 5. Iron Rattler | 6. The Voyage | 7. Goliath (SFGAm) | 8. Time Traveler | 9. Raging Bull | 10. Diamondback

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:52 pm

A rainy day at Six Flags New England is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, they'll run most coasters in the rain without an issue and you won't have any waits. On the other hand, it's almost a guarantee they'll close early without much notice. If I wasn't two hours away, I'd probably go on a few more of these rainy days. And like you said, they'll close even if the weather clears up likely due to attendance (not weather).

To be honest, I think the park's operations have improved noticeably from past years, but that's weird about Blizzard River though. Sorry your visit wasn't the best.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Postby thrillrider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Funny thing is 2 hours after they closed, this is what it looked like.
20180628_194734.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Typical six flags, lol

I like having SFFT as my homepark because of the SF parks they seem to have the least janky policies in terms of weather and ride closures. Rerides, on the other hand, are a messy policy across every park in the chain except Great America from what I've seen
1. Millennium Force | 2. New Texas Giant | 3. Outlaw Run | 4. Maverick | 5. Iron Rattler | 6. The Voyage | 7. Goliath (SFGAm) | 8. Time Traveler | 9. Raging Bull | 10. Diamondback

Postby thrillrider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:27 pm

Yea, rerides were an issue.

They made my kids go around every time to ride a kiddy ride, even though they were the only ones riding it.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!