Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: necoastergp and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:07 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:I know it's been mentioned on here before about just how close HQS will swing to Joker, but now that it's open, has anyone gotten a good picture of just how close it gets?

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:45 pm

^ aka ridiculously f**king close. :lol:

I can't wait to ride that thing.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:05 pm

The ride looks good but operations on this one are abysmal. During a 16-minute off-ride video I have watched the ride ran TWICE. Taking into account that this ride holds 40 people per cycle, that's about 8 cycles per hour, so 320 pph... Come one, SFNE, you could do better than that!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:14 pm

These Zamperla giant discoveries have extremely long cycles. They take a while to reach their max swing, but the airtime is incredibly once they do. Conversely, they also take a long time to slow down at the end of the ride. I think the ride cycle may be about 3-3.5 minutes on its own.

The problem I saw on dispatches was the loading procedure. You are cattle penned into two groups A and B. When it's time to load the ride, the gates open and it's a complete free-for-all for seats. When groups can't find seats next to each other, they walk around the ride a few times, ask the operator if they can wait for the next cycle, and then I saw their request being granted. This led to the ride not running at full capacity and slowing the loading.

I really wish the park assigned riders a seat number 1-40 (or however many seats there are). That system works well for Canobie's Star Blaster on a smaller scale and it worked well on Silver Dollar City's Time Traveler as well.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy and Lake Compounce

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
The problem I saw on dispatches was the loading procedure. You are cattle penned into two groups A and B. When it's time to load the ride, the gates open and it's a complete free-for-all for seats. When groups can't find seats next to each other, they walk around the ride a few times, ask the operator if they can wait for the next cycle, and then I saw their request being granted. This led to the ride not running at full capacity and slowing the loading.

I really wish the park assigned riders a seat number 1-40 (or however many seats there are). That system works well for Canobie's Star Blaster on a smaller scale and it worked well on Silver Dollar City's Time Traveler as well.

At SFOT they assign you a seat as you walk into the waiting area for your turn. If they're not doing this here, I can't imagine the cluster f it causes.
But even with the assign seating here, on a slow day it's a 30 min wait. Wait times are usually 60+ min on a normal day. I've been lucky the past few times here and caught it after it had an issue and was temp closed (which happens often) and was reopening so got on the first or second cycle. Which makes it a little scarier for me too.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:15 pm

I know Harley Quinn is going to have a long line, but I just wish the throughput was as high as it could be. I remembered Riddler Revenge having a better loading procedure and that explains it.
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Sluggo77 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:22 pm

I’ll be posting a media day report for HC later this week. It was last Thursday and we drove straight from there to Cedar Point for Coastermania so I just haven’t had the time to do it yet. We left Ohio today and decided to drive down to Great Adventure before heading home. We’re going to GA tomorrow so I’ll get the report up either Friday or Saturday. HC is by far my favorite flat in the park now. It’s awesome having it swing so close to Joker.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ice1972 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 pm

I enjoy how HQS sucks up riders away from the real coasters in the park......I will never ride HQS but I hope to profit off the reduced lines she causes at my fav rides.....STR, WC, and Batman.....

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:53 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:And what's funny is I actually really liked Deja Vu at SFMM the few times I rode it. But those new Premier trains on Goliath are just awful in every way. I'm excited to try Aftershock at Silverwood whenever I bite the bullet and decide to drive up there, apparently that one is the best of the bunch.

I too, enjoyed Deja Vu when I rode it at SFMM! If I ever make it over to SFNE (an over a decade-long dream that STILL hasn't happened! lol), I will have to really think on whether I want to bother with Goliath, given how painful it sounds like the new trains make the ride. Combine that with a long line, for a coaster than I have actually ridden before (I personally would tend NOT to count it as a new coaster, though the new trains would give me pause there), as well as coasters like WC and Superman that could be re-ridden, and I'm not sure I'll even bother with it.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 pm

I have only gotten one really bad ride with Goliath's new trains, but I know I'm in the minority here. That being said, I usually do skip it due to the line.

Back to Harley Quinn, this is the best photo I have showing how close it gets to Joker. The ride looks outstanding in its location, particularly at night. The lighting package can be seen all the way from the North End.
Harley Max Swing.jpg
Harley Evening.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!