Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 691 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity (Giant Discovery) announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:14 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:It was running yesterday. Interestingly enough, they have removed some of the magnetic fins from the ride.

They've been removed from SFOT and SFGAM as well. I think somehow they were slowing down the ride, they now appear to be running faster. Maybe they won't have to close in 20 mph winds anymore :lol:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:22 am

I know they were supposed to help flipping but if it is running faster, maybe that will also give more flips.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Chasehat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:50 pm

It seemed to be flipping a bit more yesterday when I was watching it. Didn't ride tho since I think the ride is just meh and don't want to wait for it.

On the other they had ERT for Superman and it was running so fast it was insane. I don't know what they did to the ride but it's been running like an absolute dream this year. It's still easily the best coaster in the park imo.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Superman the Ride 3. Boulder Dash 4. Wicked Cyclone 5. Nitro
6. Fury 325 7. Afterburn 8. Intimidator 9. Kingda Ka 10. Phobia

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Chasehat wrote:It seemed to be flipping a bit more yesterday when I was watching it. Didn't ride tho since I think the ride is just meh and don't want to wait for it.

On the other they had ERT for Superman and it was running so fast it was insane. I don't know what they did to the ride but it's been running like an absolute dream this year. It's still easily the best coaster in the park imo.

That's very interesting about Superman. I noticed last summer that it had a "warm up" time. I rode it first thing in the morning, and I was fairly underwhelmed because it was pretty sluggish, but as the day went on, it got MUCH faster. That's good to hear it is running like that. If it weren't for those ridiculous trains/restraints, it would be one of my favorite coasters. The lap bars are some of the most uncomfortable I've ever ridden (and yes, I have no problem with those on Skyrush).
Steel: 145 -- Wood: 27 -- Total: 172
Twitter & Instagram: @nlamoreaux99
Skyrush is perfection.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Even with those restraints, it's still a top 5 coaster for me with how it has ridden over the past month. I've been riding it since 2007 and can't recall it ever running this wildly.
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Sluggo77 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 pm

ECZenith wrote:Hello, I am going to be at the park this Thursday. I heard all of the S&S FreeSpin coasters were down and possibly waiting for a part/maintenance. Does anyone know if it has been running this week? If not... I'm still going, was just curious, can't pass up Wicked Cyclone and Superman!

Don't forget to try ME since it has the new trains. It's a much better ride now.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:55 am

As long as the VR isn't being used, Mind Eraser shouldn't have too long of a line.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Chasehat » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:57 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
Chasehat wrote:It seemed to be flipping a bit more yesterday when I was watching it. Didn't ride tho since I think the ride is just meh and don't want to wait for it.

That's very interesting about Superman. I noticed last summer that it had a "warm up" time. I rode it first thing in the morning, and I was fairly underwhelmed because it was pretty sluggish, but as the day went on, it got MUCH faster. That's good to hear it is running like that. If it weren't for those ridiculous trains/restraints, it would be one of my favorite coasters. The lap bars are some of the most uncomfortable I've ever ridden (and yes, I have no problem with those on Skyrush).

Those horrifically bad lap bars are the sole reason it's not my #1 anymore and El Toro took that spot. I'm not a large guy by any means, 5'11" 150 lbs. but my God they're painful. Even with those it's completely epic and will always be one of my favorite coasters, the layout is such a masterpiece I can look past the restraints.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Superman the Ride 3. Boulder Dash 4. Wicked Cyclone 5. Nitro
6. Fury 325 7. Afterburn 8. Intimidator 9. Kingda Ka 10. Phobia

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks for the advice guys, I shamefully missed visiting my home park last year and opted for a Cedar Point/SFGAM/Holiday World trip instead. Has it been very busy this week? Also, I am so excited to see Joker has a single rider line. I know some of the single rider lines have been added removed to rides over the years, what else besides Joker has single rider, please? I am really hoping for multiple rides on my beloved RMC.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby skiburkesurfjay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:58 pm

ECZenith wrote:Thanks for the advice guys, I shamefully missed visiting my home park last year and opted for a Cedar Point/SFGAM/Holiday World trip instead. Has it been very busy this week? Also, I am so excited to see Joker has a single rider line. I know some of the single rider lines have been added removed to rides over the years, what else besides Joker has single rider, please? I am really hoping for multiple rides on my beloved RMC.

Sadly, no single rider line on Wicked Cyclone. Fireball, Scream and Pandemonium all have single rider lines though. The Pandemonium and Scream ones are the same as the Flash Pass line.
WindexCyanide is love. WindexCyanide is life.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!