Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 691 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity (Giant Discovery) announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 25, 2017 11:13 am

alilstronger wrote:For the locals... does this park tend to get crowded over Memorial Day weekend usually? I've only been to this park once and it was with TPR so we had lots of extras. I am from Baltimore and used to Six Flags America never getting crowded where you need the Flash Pass.

Trying to get a really rough idea if we should get one Saturday or not? We'll be at the park all day Saturday and Sunday until closing and we want as many rides as possible on the coasters - especially at night. We're making Saturday a dry side day and Sunday the water park day.

The park also has plenty of single rider lines to help if it gets packed. They are offered on the following:

- Batman Dark Knight (Flash Pass line, unmarked so check with attendant before entering)
- Goliath (Halfway through the normal queue, may be able to skip to it depending on the attendant)
- Joker (Near the end of the normal queue)
- Pandemonium (Flash Pass line, unmarked)
- Scream- (Flash Pass line, marked)

Wicked Cyclone's line is about an hour if it's backed up to the entrance area. Superman can get up to 60-90 minutes on a nice weekend day. I highly recommend the back on Wicked Cyclone and the front on Superman.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri May 26, 2017 8:52 am

Thank you everyone!!

I did notice the prices - so crazy!

We won't be riding single rider lines. I am obsessed with coasters but not enough to not enjoy them with my BF. I do not go to parks just to ride rides. I go to actually enjoy them and have a good time with the people I am with.

I've been to the park back in 2011 with TPR so I know all about the front and back of Superman - we had 2 hours of ERT on it.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue May 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Had a blast this past weekend at the park. This was my first visit since back in 2011. This is definitely a better ran Six Flags park (keep mind I have not been to them all). The employees actually seemed like they wanted to be there unlike at my home park of Six Flags America. All of the coasters were running. Joker went down for a bit Saturday but they had it back up and running very quickly.

Quick notes

Good:
- The park was beautiful with very little trash on the ground. The flowers were taken care of and well landscaped.
- All of the rides looked like they were in decent to great shape
- LOVE LOVE LOVE the new trains on Mind Eraser - its like a completely different ride. I wish Six Flags would replace them all with the new trains/restraints.
- They have an awesome water park
- Loved that I would use the season food option at Johnny Rockets
- Loved all of the Gold Peak iced tea stands that have been added since I try to not drink a lot of soda.
- Goliath was surprisingly smooth

Bad:
- Not enough food options. They have LOTS AND LOTS of food stands but they all sell the same things. I was tired of seeing fries everywhere. At least Six Flags America has way better side options with the main meals.
- I would not pick my seat on Goliath, Flashback, and Batman. Not a big deal but I like to get a front and back seat on every coaster. I especially wanted a front seat on Goliath.
- Another Six Flags with the bag storage rule but only on certain rides.

- They should move all the fun activities they do in the main square to less crowded part of the park.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sfriday1998 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:13 pm

^ Yay! Goliath may be smooth!
Current coaster count: 72
Top flats: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, New England Sky Screamer, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
Top 10 coasters: Superman TR, Wicked Cyclone, Nitro, El Toro, Top Thrill Dragster, Tatsu, Millennium Force, X2, Revenge of the Mummy (USH), Boulder Dash
:airtime:

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Chasehat » Tue May 30, 2017 6:28 pm

sfriday1998 wrote:^ Yay! Goliath may be smooth!

If my rides on it 2 weeks ago were any indication it isn't smooth in the slightest.... In fact, I honestly don't know what coaster I hate more Golaith or that dumpster fire POS down in Jersey Green Lantern.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Superman the Ride 3. Boulder Dash 4. Wicked Cyclone 5. Nitro
6. Fury 325 7. Afterburn 8. Intimidator 9. Kingda Ka 10. Phobia

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 31, 2017 3:51 pm

alilstronger wrote:Had a blast this past weekend at the park. This was my first visit since back in 2011. This is definitely a better ran Six Flags park (keep mind I have not been to them all). The employees actually seemed like they wanted to be there unlike at my home park of Six Flags America. All of the coasters were running. Joker went down for a bit Saturday but they had it back up and running very quickly.

Quick notes

Good:
- The park was beautiful with very little trash on the ground. The flowers were taken care of and well landscaped.
- All of the rides looked like they were in decent to great shape
- LOVE LOVE LOVE the new trains on Mind Eraser - its like a completely different ride. I wish Six Flags would replace them all with the new trains/restraints.
- They have an awesome water park
- Loved that I would use the season food option at Johnny Rockets
- Loved all of the Gold Peak iced tea stands that have been added since I try to not drink a lot of soda.
- Goliath was surprisingly smooth

Bad:
- Not enough food options. They have LOTS AND LOTS of food stands but they all sell the same things. I was tired of seeing fries everywhere. At least Six Flags America has way better side options with the main meals.
- I would not pick my seat on Goliath, Flashback, and Batman. Not a big deal but I like to get a front and back seat on every coaster. I especially wanted a front seat on Goliath.
- Another Six Flags with the bag storage rule but only on certain rides.

- They should move all the fun activities they do in the main square to less crowded part of the park.

I've gotten some good rides on Goliath with the new trains, but I've some really random spine-rattling rides scattered in. It's like Russian roulette for me when I decide to ride it.

For food, I skip eating at the park and go to the amazing Nicky's Pizza down the street. There you can get a slice of pizza for $3 that can't even fit in a small pizza box since it's so large.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Pear » Wed May 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Just a heads up. The green side of Joker is definitely better than the purple side and it is much easier to flip on the green side. Most flips I got on one ride was 4.

Mind Eraser's new trains were great and improved the ride a lot. Superman and WC were also running great.
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Chasehat » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Awesome day at the park today crowds where fairly light and the weather for the most part was nice except for a 15 minute downpour midway through the day.

Superman (x9)- THE WORLD'S GREATEST STEEL COASTER WAS IN TOP FORM TODAY =). The Man of Steel was giving out crazy ejector on every ride today in both the front and back seats and it's running relatively rattle free for the most part. I had the misfortune to ride it during the 15 minute downpour and it felt like I was taking in sustained machine gun fire. Hopped back around and rode it after the rain had stopped and the track was a bit slick and holy shit was it hauling some A$$.

Joker (x2). Purple side still sucks it doesn't flip at all but got 3 on the green side. Just not the biggest fan of this ride and isn't really something I'd wait more than 10 minutes for

Wicked Cyclone-(x3). 2 of my rides felt kind of sluggish but the last one I took later in the day felt really fast. Superman is still the king of SFNE imo but WindexCyanide is still an amazing coaster that makes SFNEs top 2 one of the best in the country.

Batman (x2). Running pretty well.... A little rattle but still a nice floor less coaster with some forces unseen on most B&Ms from the 21st century.

Tea Cups- LOL, I hate riding these but my friends always want to ride them so I just do it anyway.

All in all a pretty good day of riding. Ops were pretty solid across the board and SFNE has made huge improvements there this season. Of course always some usual six flags silliness (slow food services, stapling on Superman, etc.) But I get to ride two of my favorite coasters so I can look past most small issues.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Superman the Ride 3. Boulder Dash 4. Wicked Cyclone 5. Nitro
6. Fury 325 7. Afterburn 8. Intimidator 9. Kingda Ka 10. Phobia

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:37 pm

Chasehat wrote:WindexCyanide

:lol: :lol: :lol:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Pear » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:01 pm

It was strange how much ejector I got on Superman this year. It's definitely better than last year, but the restraints still ruin the ride experience for me.
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!