TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

WC really has not been running well at all for basically the last 2 months. It’s had a bit of a vibration that I also think is leading to slower rides. Superman on the other has been running great despite only one train and in their current states at this moment Superman is IMO the far superior ride.

Yeah, I was going to skip Superman for another ride on Wicked Cyclone or my first ride on Harley Quinn.

I didn't really notice any rattle on Wicked Cyclone but I'd still agree that Superman is far surperior even with the pain stakingly slow one train ops.

^ The one train ops on Superman thankfully isn't the norm for SFNE. I'm glad you rode it since it's the star of the park still when it's running like it has the past 2 years.

They were also running 2 trains when we were there a few weeks ago. In my book, this would be a top 10 coaster if it was not for the lap bar.

We got in a pretty epic day today....probably the longest visit since we’ve been members since Fall 2015....9 hr visit.....I’ll back up to Saturday when me and my daughter decided to try to go up to Agawam around 12:30....we live only 30 min away so for us to drive up there whenever or stay for only a couple hours is no biggie....dude when we arrived at 1:00 the traffic to get to the general parking gate was backed up to the main road....never saw it like that....the weather was clear, sunny, and Effin hot AF.....it took 25 min to get to the gate....the parking lot was full to the back lot....we left

However....I checked the forecast and it was supposed to rain all night saturday and into Sunday morning so I said to her “let’s come back tomorrow at opening.....nobody is gonna be here”.....she was like “heck ya”......

So we arrived today at 11:00 and just as I predicted we walked right in to the park.....met up with some friends and walked right on to Thunderbolt.....my younger son who isn’t tall enough for the big stuff likes Thunderbolt.....then we ate and met up with some more friends and headed to a Superman....walked on.....I complained to my fellow coaster enthusiast friend how it was lame that Superman was only using one train but now that I’ve read through this thread I know they’re using one train.....still are as of today....great great ride....

As the day progressed the crowd didn’t get out of hand.....pretty sure the morning conditions - heavy rain and forecast of rain - kept most folks home.....but it never rained until about 7......we did 90 minutes of water and then left and decided to hit Batman, Riddler, and a last ride on Superman when water closed.....

Great thing here is that my 11 yr old daughter who has finally reached critical height for the big stuff finally decided to throw it down and actually get on the big stuff....she killed Batman twice and loved it....she was nervous about the restraints for some reason.....she got spoiled with the sweet restraints on Riddler.....then we hit Riddler real quick and then headed to the big guy - Superman.....this was the moment......I rode with her in car 4.....her friend rode in front....she never waive red....killed it....loved it and stayed on for a second ride as they let her and her friend reride without getting off....there was nobody in line.....she killed the second ride again.....

And then we were so tired by 7:00.....we left.....I am still very surprised how the weather impacted the crowd.....awful on Saturday to epically empty inn sunday on the “chance of rain”.....we take advantage of these days cuz this is what happens.....also the park never closed early.....it didn’t rain really until 8 and by then they’re all in on the day.....I’ve been there when they close the park early “for weather” and no question it was cuz of the size of the crowd and not the weather.....

All in all a really epic day......so proud of my daughter....she graduated to the big boys today.....

• Like 1

Superman.....this was the moment......I rode with her in car 4.....her friend rode in front....she never waive red....killed it....loved it and stayed on for a second ride as they let her and her friend reride without getting off....there was nobody in line.....she killed the second ride again.....

Glad she liked Superman; it really is exciting seeing someone graduate to the bigger rides. We've all been there.

I'm stunned you were able to reride without walking around. SFNE usually has a hard policy against this.

Superman.....this was the moment......I rode with her in car 4.....her friend rode in front....she never waive red....killed it....loved it and stayed on for a second ride as they let her and her friend reride without getting off....there was nobody in line.....she killed the second ride again.....

Glad she liked Superman; it really is exciting seeing someone graduate to the bigger rides. We've all been there.

I'm stunned you were able to reride without walking around. SFNE usually has a hard policy against this.

During HITP they routinely sent me out on Batman.....like 4 times in a row.....Thunderbolt too.....wonder if they open up more of the park this year during HITP....would love to get a winter ride on Superman....lol

^ As much as I'd love to have Superman open for Holiday in the Park, I feel like its location in the back of the park makes it very unlikely. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bit more of the North End opening up, but if not, I can't complain about having a B&M, a wooden coaster, a free spin, and a now good SLC open in December.

Ya......if they got the north end open and could run Wicked Cyclone and Pandemonium that would be awesome......agree that the Superman area down low and separated from the rest of the park would make it unlikely to be open

Curious......so Flashback was open during HITP?

That ride bothers me....the restraints are so old school....and IDK a belt might be nice for those who think that matters....and I swear I think my 11 yr old is gonna fall out....there’s like so much space between the restraint and her body....

Also I’ve noticed Flashback closes more frequently than any other coaster there.....well except Goliath this year but what’s the deal? Does it valley a lot or something? Has it ever stopped in the boomerang section? Er cobra roll?

It’s valleyed absolutely everywhere. Cobra roll, between the loop and cobra roll, between the loop and second spike, name a place and you can bet that Flashbback has valleyed there.

But yes, it operated for Holiday in the Park despite not being advertised.

It’s valleyed absolutely everywhere. Cobra roll, between the loop and cobra roll, between the loop and second spike, name a place and you can bet that Flashbback has valleyed there.

Yikes......we've ridden it several times....IDK if I'm gonna ride it again......they need to replace that thing - problem is IDK if theres enough room to put something better.....maybe one of those magnetic deals that goes back and forth through the station a couple times and then completes the cycle....theres really not anywhere in the park to put a big boy coaster anymore......stuff would have to be removed.....

Did it ever valley back in the station? lol

Curious.....I rode Superman twice on Sunday....both times in car 4.....I like that middle area where the air time is more pure floater....anyway I noticed my first ride was much less chattery than the second ride....the difference? First ride was relatively full and it wasn’t raining.....second ride there was like 5 people on.....and it was raining.....does that correlate?

There’s gotta be some folks here with a long history on this ride......I’m not exactly sure but my ride count on it is still under 20 pretty sure.....thanks

No same train.....they were only running one....I guess the other is out of service waiting for some parts? I read that earlier in the thread.....it’s weird.....that first ride was really good.....which train chatters more? Blue or red? They were running the blue train...

Last week, July 19 to be exact, I headed to SFNE after I got off work (training in Hartford) for a few hours. It was my second trip so I focused on new to me rides like Wicked Cyclone and Joker, Great Chase (which I skipped on my first visit), and Superman.

Joker was my first Free Spin and I actually really enjoyed it. I had very low expectations so I guess that helped. It's a clone I'll actually look forward to doing at other parks.

Not much to say about Great Chase other than there was much shame involved.

My expectations for Wicked Cyclone were pretty high and I gotta say I was slightly disappointed. While still an incredible ride, I was hoping it would match Twisted Timbers in terms of intensity and it fell a bit short. Out of the three I-boxes I've been on (TT and Twisted Colossus), it's definitely number three. I think I'd still rate it higher than Goliath as far as other RMC's I've ridden.

I enjoyed the hell out of Superman. Got a ride in the front and one in the back. I don't think it's still my number 2 steel but at least in the top 15-20.

Overall, a great trip and a welcome break from the monotony of the training I was in the area for.

Wish I had had time for Quassy though!