TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Just a quick offseason update. Harley Quinn is on site and it looks like the area is just about ready for vertical construction. Looking forward to another great season! Pics courtesy of and used with permission thanks to SFNE Online.

C337C5A1-5017-4FF3-96F9-F3AF366C69A8.thumb.jpeg.2a587987296a294894e8a5122cd4a87f.jpeg

Looking ready for going vertical!

CB59212E-9DBD-4F54-827D-AD79B8F521A2.thumb.jpeg.85e9d78fdd4d5b88ddd62cedecc92a68.jpeg

Harley Quinn sitting in the employee lot.

Edited by Sluggo77

quote the site where you found the photos, it would be the right thing

Already had permission so the right thing was already done. Added the additional info based on your request.

As an FYI I’ve gotten to know the SFNE Online crew and they wanted to have the pics shared so that the TPR forum members could see what’s going on. Don’t really appreciate your assumption that I was trying to hide that fact. I’m not that type of person. I also really appreciate my relationship with Robb and TPR so in an instance like this I don’t look to add outside names when it’s already been approved to share. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

As an FYI I’ve gotten to know the SFNE Online crew and they wanted to have the pics shared so that the TPR forum members could see what’s going on. Don’t really appreciate your assumption that I was trying to hide that fact. I’m not that type of person. I also really appreciate my relationship with Robb and TPR so in an instance like this I don’t look to add outside names when it’s already been approved to share. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Don't worry about it, thanks for sharing them (and also thanks, everybody from SFNE Online)!

For everyone's benefit - you don't have to go through the usual "used with permission, yadda yadda" disclaimer but you definitely need to say where the photos came from regardless. We're one big sappy family of an enthusiast community, after all. What we do ask is that if you take photos of something yourself, you upload them as attachments to the forum as opposed to another site so we can link back to them in our Park Index.

The teens are already asking when we can start the park again. We are there almost every weekend and then at least twice a week in the summer. We enjoyed Holidays in the Park this year and so glad they are bringing it back. It's nice to live so close to one of their parks.

I love the idea of the early entry but if the dining plan lines are any indication of day tickets verses pass holders early entry might not have that big effect. Although it is a nice trial and if it works then they can implement at other parks.

Thanks to everyone who posted information and pics!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for anyone who has been on a giant discovery. I absolutely love the Huss giant frisbees , the only downside for me is that they are extremely tight due to my chest dimensions. For example, I was turned away from KI’s drop zone because of the restraint (well, because of me) but I have no problem with ride restraints some people have trouble with , like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Are the restraints a little more giving than the Huss model ? I’m very much looking forward to Harley Quinn. I feel the park is on a great winning streak, and I feel a bit spoiled but extremely gracious to have a B&M , an Intamin, an RMC and a solid handful of flat rides so close by.

^^^ Thanks for those pics. I'm really jealous we're not getting one of these at GreatAdv, but hopefully I'll get to ride this at some point this year.

So this is probably a stupid question but I really don't know - is this going to swing out towards the midway/Batman, or toward Joker/Mind Eraser?

^^^Yes based on the early illustrations and how they poured the pad, see two pages back, I believe it’s getting positioned to swing towards Joker and Mind Eraser. Seeing the size of the area during HITP I don’t think it could go the other way even if the wanted to unless they also moved Crime Wave some where else.