TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Hi

I am glad to hear such good trip reports for my home park. We are here at least once a week sometimes twice in the summer. We really enjoy the water park in addition and it's a nice size park where the teens can go off and do things.

I have noticed the Operations are better this year. Agree they need to do something with the refill stations and somehow speed food lines up. We love JB's but if you don't hit it early in the summer by afternoon it's a long line. We love Take 6 wraps. The old Captain Rivi's for salads are good when trying to be healthy

Superman is riding real good this year as well as Wicked Cyclone. We pass on Goliath now which is sad. We loved that ride before they replaced the old train. The old train didn't jostle at all and was a great ride. I have to say one of my favorite rides are the bumper cars there. I always make it a point to ride them at each park and by far these are the best ones to me. My family still doesn't like Mind Eraser it's better but I think the elements are to close together for us. I also think Scream is one of the better drop towers. I love the shooting tower first and always get great air time.

I agree the Joker here is more intense than SFGAdv.

After going a few times I like that they put the security in the front before the turnstiles. It seems to help the congestion getting in to the park. The one problem I am seeing is confusion on letting the Gold Pass members in early. It is a little confusing and no signs saying where to go.

I would love to see six flags put in more free-style machines or self service especially in the North End of the park. Even if they have to go with a chip cup like Disney. I can't stand waiting mixed in with food lines too.

Overall enjoying the summer and the park, I hope more of you have good trips here.

I read a few pages back on this thread, but thought I would just ask the question. I'll be in the Boston area in a few weeks and was going to make my first trip to the park on Tuesday (7/18). For the locals, what are the crowds like during the week on a summer? I want to be able to hit all the major coasters, but won't have all day to dedicate being at the park. What's the best way to handle this park? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm really looking forward to this park! Thanks again!

I read a few pages back on this thread, but thought I would just ask the question. I'll be in the Boston area in a few weeks and was going to make my first trip to the park on Tuesday (7/18). For the locals, what are the crowds like during the week on a summer? I want to be able to hit all the major coasters, but won't have all day to dedicate being at the park. What's the best way to handle this park? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm really looking forward to this park! Thanks again!

Hi Tuesdays are a pretty good day to go. You will have families and camps. We go from park opening and head to the water park about 11:00. It seems people stay in the

dry park till about 1:30 then flock to the water park. We usually head out to the dry park about 2:00 and the lines usually run about 20-30 minutes for the popular ones. Then when the water park closes at 6:30 it is mobbed. The dry park is a little heavy from opening till about 1:30 but still doable. Our longest lines are Joker, Superman, Wicked Cyclone, Batman and Goliath. Before the joker and we were just doing the dry park we would start with Superman than head to Wicked Cyclone then Goliath. The Joker is on the same side as Batman so you could hit them one after another. Superman, Wicked Cyclone and Joker are the three top busiest.

Hope this helps!

In case anyone hasn't seen this here's the PR that the park put out for July 2-4. Fireworks each night and ERT available each day on select rides. Also all active and retired military get in for free. Below is the full details.

Coaster Capital of New England Go’s BIG July 4th

AGAWAM, Mass. – June 27, 2017 – Six Flags New England will be celebrating the 4th of July with a three day long celebration called Coca-Cola Fourth Fest. This year’s Coca-Cola Fourth Fest will be the largest three day Independence Day celebration to take place at the property and New England.

To honor the men and women who are serving our great nation, the park will be inviting all active and retired military (with valid identification) to Six Flags New England for FREE throughout the three daylong celebration. For more information visit, the park’s Group Sales Window located at the Main Gate.

Six Flags New England will be partnering with One Call Away, who will be onsite on July 2. One Call Away is a non-profit organization that provides counseling and support to active military, veterans and families suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Their main objective is to bring awareness and prevention of veterans in distress by providing support, and financial services, to families and veterans in need. They will have resources, counselors, and activities available onsite on July 2 at no cost to guests and military families.

“One Call Away Foundation is proud to partner with Six Flags New England as we celebrate active and retired military together. The foundation wishes to help grow the general public’s awareness of PTSD and Six Flags New England is a perfect place to accomplish this initiative. Together we can help our men and women in uniform, and assist any veteran in distress as a community.” David Sutton, President and Founder of One Call Away.

Guests can also bring in any can of Coca-Cola to the check in tent at the front of the park from 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. on each day with their Season Pass or Admission ticket and receive exclusive ride time on the following attractions.

 Sunday, July 2: SUPERMAN™ The Ride, GOTHAM CITY GAUNTLET™

 Monday, July 3: GOTHAM CITY GAUNTLET, CATWOMAN™ Whip

 Tuesday, July 4: 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT™ , GOTHAM CITY™ Crime Wave, THE JOKER™

The July 4th Fest celebration will be located on Main Street at the gazebo, where there will be a variety games and activities, including Coke Can Stacking, dance contests, and opportunities to win great prizes and Coca-Cola swag. There will be an onsite DJ throughout the festivities playing the hits and getting guests excited for the patriotic celebration.

Of course, 4th of July is not complete without fireworks! Each evening at 9:30 p.m. guests will be able to enjoy an amazing firework presentation. The 15 minute presentation will be visible to guests from anywhere throughout the property, and orchestrated to patriotic music.

Park’s Operating Hours and Important Times

July 2-4 10:30 a.m.-10:00 p.m. (Operating Hours)

July 2-4 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.- Exclusive Ride Time (Specific Rides Listed Above)

July 2-4 9:30 p.m.- Firework Display

Even on the busiest fright night days I've never had a problem with crowds being overwhelming so I'm sure you'll be in good shape. I'm not in the business of telling people what they should do but for me I highly recommend skipping out on Goliath especially if your time is short. I also recommend purchasing tickets ahead of time or expect to wait 30 minutes in a ticket line.

bobbie68, Sluggo77, and roflstomper, I appreciate the advice! Both help a ton! Thanks!

I also recommend purchasing tickets ahead of time or expect to wait 30 minutes in a ticket line.

Everyone in my party has a season pass, so we will avoid this bullet!

Goliath front row is worth it otherwise prepare for pain. Also even though it's an SLC you should try Mind Eraser. The new trains are great.

And as others have mentioned they don't take seating requests for the front.

Superman was running bat shit insane tonight. Like "this is the best coaster on earth" insane mode. I really wonder if SFNEs maintenance teams have stepped up and decided to start taking care of this ride, finally. It's running like it's brand new and I love it.

Goliath front row is worth it otherwise prepare for pain. Also even though it's an SLC you should try Mind Eraser. The new trains are great.

And as others have mentioned they don't take seating requests for the front.

It's been hit and miss for me. I have had ops allow me to wait for the front. Not always though.

• 2 weeks later...

I just cleaned a rather nasty multi-member pileup out of this thread. The topic is "Six Flags New England"; let's try to stay with that.

Yes, grammar and spelling are important, but please leave the moderating to the moderators.

As for all you would-be comedians who jumped on the flaming band wagon: Har-de-har-har.

Thank you.

Anyone else check out the food and brew festival? Pretty good deals by six flags standards and some of the food is actually pretty good. Huge beer variety although some of the kegs are getting warm today.

No but I saw a photo SFNE Posted, I didn't know it was happening, they didn't advertise it

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yeah pretty sure the only place I heard of it was on their FB page. I feel like a lot of people in the park don't even notice it's going on.

Glad to hear that there are so many parks starting to do the food and beer fests! Hope that it's a success, although it sounds as if they should have marketed this a little bit more on the front end?

Edit: just Googled it and it came right up with their website link:

Food and Beer

Damn...I hope that CP will offer more like this at their festival. I know that their festival is centered around BBQ, but it would be nice to see other offerings to compliment the BBQ...

Capture.JPG.2caef8a3e143dc0b32a0c4ae29cf872f.JPG

Lobstah rolls in the house!

I went to it. If you bought your tickets online ahead of time it wasn't a bad deal, $20 for 3 full 12oz beers and 1 4oz sample. They had a bunch of choices spread all over the park.

Also, what was up with no VR on ME?

VR ended in like early June I believe. On my visit on June 20th the whole shed area they built to store all the headsets was completely emptied. I heard they wanted to end it before the summer heat as the phones get more temperamental in the heat. VR on zumie in jersey was also over in early June. Seems like a waste to me. Would hope its a sign that maybe their moving on from the fad but I doubt it.

Decided to hit up SFNE for about 2 hours for some Superman rides after a long day at Great Adventure yesterday. I've noticed this recently but why do employees always put people with exit passes in the back car. On one of my rides to day they put an exit pass in the back seat on two straight cycles while I was next to get on the train. Really annoying and seems to be happening a lot recently. I've always thought they should throw exit pass people somewhere in the middle. Ride was running fantastic tho.

At least it's better than the front row which has a longer wait. Lake Compounce is the worst since it seems like every other train on Boulder Dash has someone coming up the exit and they always pick the front. That wouldn't be as big of an issue if they'd run two trains.

At least it's better than the front row which has a longer wait. Lake Compounce is the worst since it seems like every other train on Boulder Dash has someone coming up the exit and they always pick the front. That wouldn't be as big of an issue if they'd run two trains.

Oh wow so much this. I love LC but that used to drive me out of my mind.

Reminds me of being at CP about 10 years ago in line for TTD. They have the split station...I was waiting for the front row for the first train. Instead of splitting exit groups between the two stations they kept sending people to the first station. They held the front row 3 times while I was in line for it and the ride ended up going down for 2 hours when I was 2 trains away from boarding. I sat there and waited but it put a very sour taste in my mouth that I would've made it before the breakdown otherwise, and likely also would've made it if they split groups between the two stations.

When I was at Superman Sunday the only exit group I saw come up while I was in the station got put in the middle of the train.

Stopped by the park for a bit last night for some Superman and Wicked Cyclone. I don't know what's been going on with WC recently but it hasn't felt as good as it did at the beginning of the year. Felt a little bit slower in the 2nd half. Superman was running amazing and I know it's a hugely unpopular opinion but Superman shits all over WC imo, at least recently it has.

Stopped by the park for a bit last night for some Superman and Wicked Cyclone. I don't know what's been going on with WC recently but it hasn't felt as good as it did at the beginning of the year. Felt a little bit slower in the 2nd half. Superman was running amazing and I know it's a hugely unpopular opinion but Superman shits all over WC imo, at least recently it has.

"Shits all over WC"...yet you have them right next to each other in your top 5 in your sig lol. Both coasters are amazing but I feel WC is the more intense, faster paced ride with a bit more variety in elements and far more comfortable trains. Superman was my #1 before Toro was built so I'm definitely not knocking it, just prefer WC.