TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'm hoping to hit up SFNE on May 14th or the 21st. What kind of crowds should I expect, particularly for Superman and Wicked Cyclone? I've only been to SFNE once, and it was cold and early in the season, so those two weren't running at their full speed with full airtime.

It's tough to say, but you'll easily be able to ride everything without a Flash Pass on basically any operating day at SFNE. They get lines, but they're normally manageable. Wicked Cyclone's lines are usually between 15 and 30 minutes, Superman's lines rarely exceed a hour but could easily be much less.

I'll be mildly disappointed if Joker hasn't opened when I'm there, but that's not why I'm making the trip. I have my own Joker at Great Adventure that I got to ride the day that it was open last year.

And if it is open, great!

I can spin that as good news. That could keep people from going before the 27th so that they can ride the new coaster! Station waits for Superman and Wicked Cyclone FTW!

And if it's not supposed to be open, then I won't be disappointed when I get there and it's closed.

I do have a season pass, but it's with Great Adventure as my home park. Does that matter?

The other factor for me to consider is if that preview will make the park crowded in general. I want lots of rides on Superman and Cyclone! Joker could be a nice bonus but is hardly the reason I'm going.

Seems like it didn't engage the second lift, went back through the loop and valleyed between the roll and loop. Seems like the brakes should have stopped it from going through the loop if it missed the lift. This thing must have some serious issues.

So why is Flashback having so many problems, but other Boomerangs (as far as I know at least) have pretty good records? Is it Six Flags' fault for not being up to maintenance? Is the coaster just old? Or is it something else?

Probably a combination. It is 30+ years old and is the oldest boomerang in operation.