Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Page 107 - Waterpark upgrade for 2015
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby pieeater » Sun May 27, 2012 9:50 am

Where would they put the station?
Btw I live in olathe :)

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Sun May 27, 2012 11:08 am

/\ They haven't even confirmed anything yet, so there goes that question.

Our main suggestions currently are Orient Express's land, the land behind Thunderhawk, or behind Finnish Fling.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun May 27, 2012 12:40 pm

The Yeti wrote:^I wouldn't mind seeing Timberwolf removed...

Please, no! Even with Prowler in the park, I still really enjoyed Timber Wolf apart from the roughness. And, surprising as it may be, I know I'm not alone.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun May 27, 2012 12:50 pm

^I kinda like Timberwolf, as well. I think with a little "love," it could be a great ride.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby pieeater » Sun May 27, 2012 12:57 pm

-Edge of Beast- wrote:/\ They haven't even confirmed anything yet, so there goes that question

I know I was trying to say IF something goes where OE used to be than where would they put the station

Even though timberwolf beats the holy crap out of you it is still a great ride. It'll be a shame to see it go

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby KC_Engineer » Sun May 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Timber Wolf needs MAJOR work to stay in operation, IMO. It has sentimental value to me as it was my first "big" coaster, but it has become so rough that, apart from the first drop, it's no longer enjoyable. Now, should the park go for the Rocky Mountain treatment I'd be 100% on board. ;)

I think the land behind Finnish Fling / Octopus would be ideal for a new coaster, assuming there is enough room back there--I'm not sure where the park boundaries are in that area.

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Sun May 27, 2012 2:51 pm

I love Timber Wolf too. It's the only real "classic" at the park still.

KC_Engineer wrote:I think the land behind Finnish Fling / Octopus would be ideal for a new coaster, assuming there is enough room back there--I'm not sure where the park boundaries are in that area.

That's what I was assuming. The land belongs to them, saying the employee parking lot is located directly behind it (give or take). They have a hand full of good acreage back there too.

EDIT: Am I the only one that remembers that Dive Machine rumor floating around from a couple years back? Hmm.. Could that be the next addition?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun May 27, 2012 3:03 pm

^^Personally, the back-wrenching first drop is what I complain about the most. But layout- and airtime-wise, it's a coaster I'd be happy to return to someday if it improves (at best) or doesn't deteriorate much (at worst).

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby ProwlerPrey » Sun May 27, 2012 9:56 pm

-Edge of Beast- wrote:I love Timber Wolf too. It's the only real "classic" at the park still.

KC_Engineer wrote:I think the land behind Finnish Fling / Octopus would be ideal for a new coaster, assuming there is enough room back there--I'm not sure where the park boundaries are in that area.

That's what I was assuming. The land belongs to them, saying the employee parking lot is located directly behind it (give or take). They have a hand full of good acreage back there too.

I'm not sure how well that would work with the train tracks being right there behind them. Yeah, they could build a bridge over it but that seems like a lot of work for the park to do..

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sun May 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Ok, so let me get this straight. The park has only been in operation what 7 weeks for 2012 and we are wondering why there is no construction going on for a ride that may or may not be on it's way for next year? With Cedar Fair moving towards more family friendly rides and attractions, it wouldn't surprise me if they do receive a new ride next year that it isn't a coaster, more so it won't surprise me if they put in a Dino Alive.

But honestly unless plans have been seen or parts are on site, it's all wishful thinking.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!