Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:47 pm

I could certainly see a park like WOF getting an RMC Raptor- but we're averaging coordinates now?
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:51 pm

A "high level manager" told him that the midway point between the East and West coasts is Kansas. He needed a high level manager to tell him this and not, you know, a map.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby MidwestThemeParks » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:44 pm

And those coordinates are still 342 mi. from WoF.

I do find it interesting how many different parks Cedar fair is using in whatever they are teasing, however. I wonder if whatever it is will be going to multiple parks.
8BBF8576-1456-40CC-B77F-89BCAD40DDCF.jpeg
Total Coasters: 52
Total Rides: 116

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby greenman » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:32 pm

I asked someone a few weeks ago what Wof was getting for 2019 and they answered sharply “ Nothing”.
We always get something though right? The fact that he answered immediately made me think there is something.
However then he went on to tell me that they are replacing the asphalt throughout the park with concrete
Like they have at the front gate. We both agreed that it would be sad not to smell the hot asphalt as that is kind of a staple
Of any amusement park.
Question is how many other amusement parks in the Chain have concrete throughout?
It also made me wonder with the immediate landscaping upgrades and supposedly new concrete if they are eventually expecting huge crowds in the future. Of course we would need a new big ride or two. What’s the cost concrete vs. asphault and longevity?
The concrete would obviously be done in multiple years.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:34 pm

coasternerdofsteel wrote:A high level manager told me what the Mississippi poster means:

A new RMC Raptor for Worlds of Fun.

The clues are all in the poster:

1. Here is the original poster and coordinates: https://twitter.com/CPFoodBlog/status/1022125680803414016

2. The first clue in the poster refers to passage across the Mississippi. The origin is Cedar Fair headquarters at Sandusky OH. Crossing the Mississippi, you have 4 parks: Knotts, CGA, WOF, and VF

3. Knotts and CGA received coasters last year. That leaves World of Fun and Valleyfair.

4. The second clue is from the coordinates. They are: 37.8399 N 77.4442 W, 37.3984 N 121.9752 W, or Kings Dominion and CGA, respectively.

5. A weighted average of these 2 coordinates gives: 37.61915 N 99.7097 W. This location is surprisingly close to World of Fun, which is 39.1767 N 94.4867 W, and certainly much closer than to Valleyfair.

6. Finally, the mine train refers to a smaller coaster: an RMC raptor.

Please refrain from making ridiculous predictions on Theme Park Review under the ruse that someone important ever spoke to you. Thank You
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby ToNC » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Can anyone clue me in on how busy Oceans of Fun would be on labor day weekend?

Postby greenman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:59 pm

I would guess Super Busy!!! Last weekend for it. Although you might get lucky if it’s cooler temps.
Heck I actually saw Boomerang with full trains last weekend in the dry park.

Postby greenman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:43 am

Waiting on someone to do the Official announcement, since
We get in trouble for posting early. “Murmurs about 2019 are very interesting “ according to their twitter
If interesting is a 9k sqft restaurant Awesome.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:53 am

greenman wrote:Waiting on someone to do the Official announcement, since
We get in trouble for posting early. “Murmurs about 2019 are very interesting “ according to their twitter
If interesting is a 9k sqft restaurant Awesome.

First of all, obnoxious posts like this aren't welcome on our forum. Secondly, if you honestly think that this is the type of announcement that we are talking about, then you are one of the dumbest people on the planet and I'm shocked you're able to get up every day and dress yourself.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:00 am

What happened to the Raptor :lol: :lol:
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!