Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby verruckt1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:00 pm

This is going to be random but there's this guy I see EVERY time I go to WOF, and I'm curious if you guys know who he his. He's looks over 6 foot, I think he's ginger but I forget, but what makes him stand out the most, is he wears short shorts. My family has seen him so many times that we've started calling him shorts guy. Anyways I'm curious if you guys have seen him or if you know if he's a manager of some sort or what. He's just a strange guy and I see him every time I go.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby lk2500 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:17 am

verruckt1 wrote:This is going to be random but there's this guy I see EVERY time I go to WOF, and I'm curious if you guys know who he his. He's looks over 6 foot, I think he's ginger but I forget, but what makes him stand out the most, is he wears short shorts. My family has seen him so many times that we've started calling him shorts guy. Anyways I'm curious if you guys have seen him or if you know if he's a manager of some sort or what. He's just a strange guy and I see him every time I go.

OMG, I think I saw that guy last year. Were they like gold or silver short shorts?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby verruckt1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:42 am

lk2500 wrote:
verruckt1 wrote:This is going to be random but there's this guy I see EVERY time I go to WOF, and I'm curious if you guys know who he his. He's looks over 6 foot, I think he's ginger but I forget, but what makes him stand out the most, is he wears short shorts. My family has seen him so many times that we've started calling him shorts guy. Anyways I'm curious if you guys have seen him or if you know if he's a manager of some sort or what. He's just a strange guy and I see him every time I go.

OMG, I think I saw that guy last year. Were they like gold or silver short shorts?

yes

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby verruckt1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:42 am

I should've gotten a picture of him

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 pm

greenman wrote:Kansas City is known lately for having some of the most expensive water bills in the country due to the city’s neglect of replacing water and sewer lines.

Most waterparks recycle most of their water. It's not like they're going through hundreds of thousands of gallons a day.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Bryantw36 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Today the Vice President of the park was actually in the park with the GM, measuring and surveying the shops right in front of Boomerang. I also noticed new orange tags on trees along the route to Prowler. I also heard some murmurs about something taking the spot of Dino’s from a manager. With all the technical difficulties that Boom has had these past couple of seasons I won’t be surprised if see a final ride date pretty soon

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:37 pm

^ I thought it was odd the Boomerang was down most of Memorial Day (and from guests apparently it was down the day before too). Short of a random valley, the boomerangs I've come across are usually fairly reliable.

It's especially weird since this isn't one of the older ones.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:29 am

An RMC Raptor like Railblazer at CGA, or a Gerstlauer like Hang Time at Knott's, would be a good fit back there in place of Boomerang, and would seem like a reasonable expenditure for WoF as well!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:15 am

I for one would celebrate the demise of Boomerang, but I would love for it to be replaced by something with a height limit lower than 48". Currently all that younger kids can ride there is Spinning Dragons and a wacky worm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby GoldMiner496 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:20 pm

The Boomerang was my first coaster to go upside down, so it will always have a special place in my roller coaster lineup, but I do agree it is time for it to go.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!