Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 350 - Nordic Chaser announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:05 am

That Kolumbus Jolle looks awesome, but there's no chance WoF is doing that. I expect it will pretty much look exactly like this one:

Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jaykethekid » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:10 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:That Kolumbus Jolle looks awesome, but there's no chance WoF is doing that. I expect it will pretty much look exactly like this one:

There's not enough bare concrete in that photo. I doubt WOF's will look even as nice as SDC's. I'm sure it will be the usual really nice entrance sign, then concrete and steel railings around the ride. Though, simplicity does look good in some cases. Steelhawk is a good example of that.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby greenman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:14 pm

My source* told me today at the park, that Worlds of fun is
Getting their own version of Peanuts pirates at Carowinds
And not Carowinds ride. So it will actually be new and be like Carowinds
And not the Slow zamperla version

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boyerracing69 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Someone posted a review on the World's of Fun Facebook page, saying something about how she bought a ticket to get in, then had to pay to ride the rides, because she wasn't a season pass holder. Has something changed since I was there in April? I know you have to pay for ripcord but, I am hoping she wasn't quite right on her facts.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby hammerstark » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:10 am

Honestly, I'd rather have an RMC'd Timberwolf than a launched coaster.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 am

boyerracing69 wrote:Someone posted a review on the World's of Fun Facebook page

Stop right there. If you're reading something on Facebook assuming that it is grounded in any sort of reality, you're doing it wrong. People on Facebook post the worst, most unintelligent, horrifying crap on social media... that is until you get to the comments section of YouTube....
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 14.01.37.png
Credit: The Oatmeal

In short, don't put any stock into anything someone writes on Facebook.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 am.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby lk2500 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:16 am

boyerracing69 wrote:Someone posted a review on the World's of Fun Facebook page, saying something about how she bought a ticket to get in, then had to pay to ride the rides, because she wasn't a season pass holder. Has something changed since I was there in April? I know you have to pay for ripcord but, I am hoping she wasn't quite right on her facts.

Maybe she thought the parking cost is the entrance fee or she though Fast Lane was mandatory?

No, nothing has changed.

Lol, I just read some of the reviews but I did not see the one you mentioned. I do agree with the posters about ridiculous food prices and lackadaisical workers. We just pay the extra $5 for VIP parking and bring a cooler of food/drink.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 am

lk2500 wrote:Maybe she thought the parking cost is the entrance fee or she though Fast Lane was mandatory?

Or maybe she's just a complete moron like 99% of humanity that posts reviews to Facebook...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ddef12 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:51 am

I'm actually quite pleased we are getting anything at all at WOF! 2017 was a pretty big year coat-wise. To see Cedar Fair giving us another ride still is great news! Let's hope the rumors of 2019 are true!

WOF is a good solid park that is really beautiful (besides the operations this year I experienced). I always thought WOF would be an even better park if Cedar Fair started investing more into it. With the great new entrance, new rides this year maybe we will see a bit more attention to this smaller park in the chain!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boyerracing69 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:44 pm

Super excited that Halloween Haunt starts in 20 days. Hoping that they do the houses a little better this year, instead of just sending everyone in, in one big line, like they did last year. Also hoping, that the people working in the houses do a better job than last year as well. Don't get me wrong, there were a few houses that were phenomenal. Corn Stalkers being one of them. But, it seemed to me that quite a few of them were just, lacking. Lacking people wanting to scare anyone at all. I honestly felt bad, for the people who had to wait in line for over an hour, just to go in and the house not be as amazing as it had been in the previous years.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!