TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Agreed. Unless taken at a thrilling speed, I never got the point of an upward helix (especially on riders like Timberwolf). Good move, hope this comes with re-tracking the hill before the old helix too.

All of the track from the top of the first drop to just before the helix was replaced in 2015 and 2016. The ride was also re-engineered, so it is much smoother, but also much tamer.

Someday I hope to go to this park. It looks neat, if a little ghetto compared to other parks. My friend who works at Silver Dollar City now on the railroad there used to operate the train at WOF. He told me the park was kind of a mixed bag of high quality and downright awful rides. He's not a amusement park aficionado so I can't say. I WILL say that you guys shouldn't complain about this change to the coaster too much. At least Cedar Fair isn't demolition happy with wooden coasters like Six Flags is (even if the new rides were often better). This just means they're dedicated to giving a ride the best chance it can at being awesome. Look at Ghost Rider's rebuild on this. It went from a wild, but mostly unrideable coaster, to one of the best coasters in the world again. This can't be anything but a good thing. Also, helixes are generally boring and stupid. Google: Rattler Six Flags Fiesta Texas Helix. This will tell you all you need to know.

I personally would rather have them take out the helix and keep Timberwolf a wooden coaster instead of having RMC come in and make it a hybrid. But, that is just my opinion, since I have always loved Timberwolf, even before the retracking process began. I just wish I would of been alive when it first opened and was considered the number one coaster in the world. From what I hear and read, it sounds like it was an amazing thing back then. I am just glad, the park has finally started giving her the love and attention she has been needing for quite sometime. Can't wait to make it there in October to witness this new addition for myself!

I personally would rather have them take out the helix and keep Timberwolf a wooden coaster instead of having RMC come in and make it a hybrid.

Personally, I don't know where I stand on this. On one hand, it would have been so cool to see what RMC could have done to it. And on the other, this leaves the possibility that we could possibly MAYBE see a ground up RMC come to WOF some day.

To tell the truth I am iffy myself on where I stand with RMC making Timberwolf a hybrid, if they ever did. I know they have made wooden coasters into amazing hybrids. Just look at Steel Vengeance for example, I personally think it looks amazing and thought Mean Streak looked pretty cool. And while I know they could make Timberwolf an amazing hybrid as well, I love it just the way it is. There is just so many personally memories for me the way it currently sets, I just don't want it to change. But, I am sure if it ever came down to RMC doing it, I would come to love it very quickly. As long as the park doesn't get rid of it any time soon, that is all I mainly care about.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1740218786016895&id=100000863711849&ref=m_notif

It looks like WoF is getting its floral clock back, that it had years ago. I personally am very excited to see how it turns out, since I never had the privilege to see the original in person.

Edited by boyerracing69

• 2 weeks later...

hey y'all,

i know that schlitterbahn has been all the talk over the past couple days, however, my mind has kinda shifted towards Oceans of Fun. World's of Fun will now have a free, very nice waterpark, with an impeccable safety record, that won't have much competition, that needs a family expansion for 2019 (receiving kiddie and thrill expansions in 2015 and 2013 respectively). i was wondering, will they take advantage of the fact that the decks are stacked in their favor and add in a MAJOR family waterpark expansion in 2019 and draw away what little guests would go back to schlitterbahn after the accident?? will they not add anything due to the lingering bad taste in people's mouth regarding kansas city waterparks?? cedar fair has a phenomenal opportunity to help ocean's of fun, just wondering what y'all think they'll do with it

I wouldn't mind a water park expansion in 2020 but I want a new coaster for 2019. It will have been 10 years since prowler and I think it's about time WOF gets the new coaster in the Cedar Fair chain. But after a new coaster they can get what ever.

There is actually very little for kids at Schlitterbahn KC already. (5 and under)

Oceans has always done very well, even with Schlitterbahn in operation.

I’m hoping for a Coaster for 2019, since there were “ rumblings or murmurs” about 2019 on twitter from the park.

Who knows though, they have a new PR person every other year.

I think a water coaster would do really well in the summer. Wof side is light when it’s 90 or hotter

There is actually very little for kids at Schlitterbahn KC already. (5 and under)

Oceans has always done very well, even with Schlitterbahn in operation.

I’m hoping for a Coaster for 2019, since there were “ rumblings or murmurs” about 2019 on twitter from the park.

Who knows though, they have a new PR person every other year.

I think a water coaster would do really well in the summer. Wof side is light when it’s 90 or hotter

Yeah, Oceans of Fun has had lots to do for kids for quite some time. I think it's Missouri's best waterpark. WoF seems to be making a lot of general improvements of late, and that could be the groundwork for a new coaster. Not sure when, and I doubt it would be next year, but when they're ready, they will.

Here are a few updates the park has posted this week. Timber Wolf’s new element has taken shape, and Nordic Chaser has started being assembled. Additionally, I’m hearing there are many smaller improvements happening on Front Street and in Scandainavia, including new pavement and fresh coats of paint.

10675D01-5861-45E3-8A1F-32F9EF6B734E.thumb.jpeg.9fc244c8aec2980ea1479e121b956233.jpeg

Nordic Chaser’s centerpiece

182A5DD0-A5A0-43F9-857C-764DA1901F9F.thumb.jpeg.b55042231308f26f9fcfb36773d5a755.jpeg

Nordic’s ride vehicles

01A946A6-2FF8-4A82-8716-B8AE601E5703.thumb.jpeg.87a3b88ad2b5050531fef0fd00a49050.jpeg

via Worlds of Fun’s snapchat

55F6C9BD-67B0-47E1-9ED9-D31B03862839.thumb.jpeg.d97e23dcadeb901071025da44208d490.jpeg

04D0AEA0-6D1C-4751-836B-7FBD4275528F.thumb.jpeg.e9c51b42cfe79a78a7298361dde35e45.jpeg

B6B4C234-775B-4456-B072-61AAC08F0550.thumb.jpeg.87b2b85bae9b7634ae5341f204671e29.jpeg

After completion of the new element, Timberwolf will have had it's entire course retracked by GCI, right? I hope this means it will receive Millennium Flyers if so. It'd be nice if at least one coaster in Missouri got some much-needed better trains. *cough* Boss

I understand that GCI requires Millennium Flyers to be on their tracks only and not run on other company's tracks.

I still have not heard or seen anything regarding the rest of the ride being retracked. When the helix was deconstructed, everything between the airtime hill before the helix, and the crest of the airtime hill after the helix was left completely intact. I'm assuming that this new turn is likely all we will be getting this season in regards to Timberwolf. I personally hope Prowler got some retracking this off season as well. Prowler, all though running crazy fast, was not that comfortable last season. It felt the dreaded death rattle it has got stronger with every visit last season. All they really have to do to ease that rattle is just replace the top few layers of the track because the spots they touched up during the season felt just fine.