TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I haven't seen the newest tweet yet. I can't wait to see what they announce! And I will always hope for something new for Haunt, whether it is likely or not. I love haunt and always hope for more things each year. I am very excited for October to get here, so we can finally go!

It does seem like they are teasing a big attraction. Remember, this was about the same time Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers started getting teased, so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities

All announcements have been made for both Haunt and WinterFest. I work Haunt and have a pretty good connection to the entertainment department (because of my role as a screamster). There’s nothing left to be announced from those two events. The most recent tweet (first pic on this post) really makes me think that they are talking about something much bigger than WinterFest details.

With their latest tweet today, the tweets together spell out "We Own Fear". So just promoting Haunt.

I have seen some pictures on Facebook of Haunt decorations that are up so far this year, and I must say I am very excited for October to get here. The stuff I have seen so far, looks better than the stuff they have had up the last few years. Also, I heard that there is a a graveyard scene on the train! This is going to be a great year for Haunt, I can feel it!

The Winterfest ride list is out. I guess they changed their minds on Patriot, but Prowler and Spinning Dragons are scheduled to run.

It sounds like a nice little event for locals. Cedar Fair definitely seems to be much more conservative with these events than Six Flags though. Of the 3 major theme park Christmas events in the state, the other two have much more impressive ride lineups.

It wouldn't surprise me if staffing was part of the problem Herr as it seemed like the park had some operational issues during the season.

Staffing is an issue for a lot of parks during the holidays, but I doubt that's the reason for the limited coaster offerings. I feel like they could get some people together to run Patriot if they wanted to. They're just choosing not to go that direction.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to attend Halloween haunt this weekend with some family in KC. We ended up picking up a few FL passes and enjoying the night.

Scorecard:

Mamba x3 (2 Night)

Prowler x3 (2 Night)

Patriot x1

Timberwolf x1

Detonator x1

Overall operations have improved from over the course of the regular season. Prowler crew was doing a great job at pumping trains out of the station. And boy was Prowler running FAST. Fantastic night rides Saturday night.

3 Haunted Houses:

Urgent Scare would be my least favorite of the 3 we did. Seemed understaffed and the line moved VERY slowly.

Mr. Cleaver is in the middle, we lined up early and got a good run, plenty of scares although this will die down as the line gets longer over the course of the night.

Cornstalkers is still my favorite, The actors blend in very well and combined with a long rout makes this one of the best.

I was able to attend Halloween haunt this weekend with some family in KC. We ended up picking up a few FL passes and enjoying the night.

Scorecard:

Mamba x3 (2 Night)

Prowler x3 (2 Night)

Patriot x1

Timberwolf x1

Detonator x1

Overall operations have improved from over the course of the regular season. Prowler crew was doing a great job at pumping trains out of the station. And boy was Prowler running FAST. Fantastic night rides Saturday night.

3 Haunted Houses:

Urgent Scare would be my least favorite of the 3 we did. Seemed understaffed and the line moved VERY slowly.

Mr. Cleaver is in the middle, we lined up early and got a good run, plenty of scares although this will die down as the line gets longer over the course of the night.

Cornstalkers is still my favorite, The actors blend in very well and combined with a long rout makes this one of the best.

Good to hear that at least prowler operations have improved. They used to be awful. Even though prowler is almost always a walk on, standing and waiting for two or so trains when they were running only one got quite annoying since it took 5-10 minutes to dispatch trains. Mix that with the heat and absolutely no air movement in the station, it made for an unpleasant experience. Many people also have mentioned how well it's running which has me quite happy. My last rides on it were very sluggish and rattly. Just a question, how long were ride lines when you went?

^Is The Longest Mamba longer than the original? Why didn't you ride Cyclone Sam's?

Annoying questions aside, how many trains were they running on Mamba? I know they had three at one point, but not I'm sure World's of Fun ever uses or has used all of them, or if they even have a third at this point.

^Is The Longest Mamba longer than the original? Why didn't you ride Cyclone Sam's?

Annoying questions aside, how many trains were they running on Mamba? I know they had three at one point, but not I'm sure World's of Fun ever uses or has used all of them, or if they even have a third at this point.

From what I’ve heard, the third train is being refurbished at Chance Rides here in Wichita and could be back this season, but may not. The only time I’ve seen the third train used was at Haunt like five years ago and that’s when wof wasnt so conservative when it came to running multiple trains like they are now.

Planning a trip out to WOF next Friday and Saturday. Any helpful advice? It's my first time. We have cedar fair platinum passes and the dining plans.

- Any super special rides that I need to be aware of?

- Does Prowler have padded seats or rubber seats?

Planning a trip out to WOF next Friday and Saturday. Any helpful advice? It's my first time. We have cedar fair platinum passes and the dining plans.

All the roller coasters are worth riding (except maybe boomerang and cosmic coaster).

Finnish fling (chance rotor) and Cyclone Sam's (Indoor themed chance wipeout) are definitely worth checking out. There may be others depending on what kind of rides you favor, but those two are definitely unique.

-Prowler has comfy padded seats and while not painful, has grown rough.

My last visit to the park was in 2015 but I was able to ride alone then. I don't think anything has changed since then so you should be able to ride alone.

They do allow single riders, but they will likely pair you up with someone to fill all seats. Even though their dispatches are still somewhat slow, it’s one of the only rides where the attendants actually care about capacity.

A third train on Mamba wouldn't help if the WoF ride ops don't pick up their game. Saturday night the first train was back by the time the second was ready to leave the station every time.

Mambas crew have seemed to got slower and slower as the year has gone on. I get that safety is the biggest concern, but they were taking their sweet time checking restraints and seatbelts. Stacking should never happen on Mamba considering how long of a ride time it has. If they were at least somewhat motivated, they could easily be ready to dispatch by the time the other train was in the helix or the MCBR. One of the biggest time wasters is not the actual checking if restraints, it’s opening and closing the gates. They would often wait till every single person was off the station before opening the gates and then they’d leave the gates open for 2-3 minutes before even checking restraints. I just wish supervisors and their superiors in upper management around the park would put in the effort to show and encourage the operators to be more efficient. Though, it’s a lot of work because many rides would have to have their entire procedure revised.

So I was at the park today with some friends and we wanted to go into Dinosaurs alive but there was no employee at the entry point. I wandered into the dinostore, where I found out from the cashier that Dinosaurs alive was free to enter today. I asked him if it was because it was closing (because KI's version is) and he said yes. Unfortunately I could not find any signs about DA closing to post here. But, we now have employee confirmation that Dinosaurs alive at Worlds of fun is closing this year.

All the roller coasters are worth riding (except maybe boomerang and cosmic coaster).

Finnish fling (chance rotor) and Cyclone Sam's (Indoor themed chance wipeout) are definitely worth checking out. There may be others depending on what kind of rides you favor, but those two are definitely unique.

-Prowler has comfy padded seats and while not painful, has grown rough.

Ride Boomerang. You’ll regret not doing so!

Edited by WOFanatic