Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:37 am

thrillrider wrote:Winterfest map and information has been released.

Very impressive list. Just a question, not a complaint...Mystic timbers is a great ride, but I wonder why they chose to run it over the beast?

MT is more popular. Just walking around the park it seems like the half the GP is talking about the shed or MT in general.

Although with daylight saving time it would be nice to have Beast open. Night rides at 6pm!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby DavidB » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:03 pm

MT also seems more family friendly since it's not as bumpy.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:30 am

I certainly rode Mystic Timbers far more than Beast on my last visit. It's a really solid ride. The multiple shed experiences are fun too.

Postby prozach626 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:53 pm

MT is also highly more visible than Beast. Do they shine any Christmas colored lights on the structure like they do with American Thunder?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby adamico2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm

Being so new and much shorter in length, I presume MT requires a lot less off-season maintenance than Beast.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:37 am

prozach626 wrote:MT is also highly more visible than Beast. Do they shine any Christmas colored lights on the structure like they do with American Thunder?

I didn't notice Christmas lights on it last year, but the holiday-themed train experience goes around and under Mystic Timbers. There were also a few Christmas decorations in the shed.

One of these years maybe they'll change the shed to be more Christmas themed. Have a Christmas song play and maybe an abominable snowman or something for the shed video.

Wonder if Flight of Fear will be any different this year as well? I also would love to see Banshee or Diamondback open one of these years but I wonder if it gets too cold for KI to want to run them? Although Nitro would beg to differ...
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:08 pm

adamico2 wrote:Being so new and much shorter in length, I presume MT requires a lot less off-season maintenance than Beast.

Aside from location and visibility, I think this is the main reason. We all know how much work Kings Island does on the Beast every off-season, both to the trains and the track. A new, well-designed GCI likely involves much less work, at least for now. We'll see what happens several years down the line.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Fingers » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:45 pm

thrillrider wrote: Just a question, not a complaint...Mystic timbers is a great ride, but I wonder why they chose to run it over the beast?

If I had to guess I would bet that beast doesn't run because of potential snowfall. There are spots where trees are overhead and then you have the risk of snow falling off of a tree and hitting a rider. Also looking at a pov there is the tunnel out in the woods that looks like it could fill up easily with snow and would be difficult to clean out.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby mikeykaise » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:11 am

^ kind of what I was thinking too, or falling icicles but I guess icicles could happen on any of them.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:49 pm

I know I already asked, but do they do anything to MT to give it more of a Christmas feel from the midway?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!