Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:57 pm

^ I wouldn't go steel coaster smooth, but it's definitely not painful up there. Then again I can ride Beast in the back row no problem so I'm probably not the best person to ask. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:37 am

The front is the only wheel seat you should ever sit in. Absolutely make Beast your last ride of the night every time you visit.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Dollar days. Get after it!
20180902_110520.jpg
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:29 pm

I made sure to load up on pizza yesterday.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Pseybert » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:22 am

Visiting from Orlando, my wife and I were in the park last night for her first ride on The Beast. We saved it for last. Unfortunately, it was down from 7pm until close. Pretty heartbreaking considering I convinced her to fly out here from Orlando for Cedar Point and Kings Island, while hyping up The Beast for the better part of the year.

Also, who's idea was it to have "Dollar Days" on one of the busiest weekends of the year? Shouldn't this be a promotion reserved for a slow Tuesday in June? The food staff could not keep up with the demand. I would have rather paid full price and had less people in line that were waiting to get their 4th round of $1 pizza. Awful.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:36 am

^Most, it not all the CF parks offered the Dollar Days this weekend. It's the last blast of summer and they've been doing it there for awhile.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby KICoasterkev » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:51 am

I was next in line to ride The Beast when it went down, it was stopped right at the first lift hill at the top. I waited with my brother, along with everyone else for 20 minutes, and after that people starting giving up and leaving. It was very busy, if I go again on Labor Day weekend I'm going to get Fast Lane Plus! The line at La Rosas on International Street was super long, but it was moving at a normal to fast pace when I was in line, and the pizza's was warm, and everyone was very nice. They need more tables on International Street with shade over them, like what Rivertown has. The tree's along the Royal Fountain had some their branches cut off and now that does not help the problem sitting in the sun with no shade...
Last edited by KICoasterkev on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:04 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:58 am

^^ I thought the pizza line moved fast on Saturday.

Beast was down earlier this morning and Queue Times still shows it as closed unfortunately.

Postby prozach626 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:31 am

Pseybert wrote:Visiting from Orlando, my wife and I were in the park last night for her first ride on The Beast. We saved it for last. Unfortunately, it was down from 7pm until close. Pretty heartbreaking considering I convinced her to fly out here from Orlando for Cedar Point and Kings Island, while hyping up The Beast for the better part of the year.

Also, who's idea was it to have "Dollar Days" on one of the busiest weekends of the year? Shouldn't this be a promotion reserved for a slow Tuesday in June? The food staff could not keep up with the demand. I would have rather paid full price and had less people in line that were waiting to get their 4th round of $1 pizza. Awful.

Uhg. I'm really sorry to hear The Beast was down. I hope you still had a good time. Also, $1 pizza doesn't seem like it would ever be a good idea.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:15 am

Pseybert wrote:Visiting from Orlando, my wife and I were in the park last night for her first ride on The Beast. We saved it for last. Unfortunately, it was down from 7pm until close. Pretty heartbreaking considering I convinced her to fly out here from Orlando for Cedar Point and Kings Island, while hyping up The Beast for the better part of the year.

Sorry to hear that.

Not to be a Monday morning quarterback but honestly my philosophy for visiting parks has changed over time. I used to be all about knocking out the lowest capacity rides first and being strategic, but now my strategy is to just ride the rides you came to ride first if it's a park that you don't get to often. If a headline attraction goes down early in the day and doesn't come back up and you miss it because you're whoring a wild mouse or saving it for last it sucks big time and you'll be kicking yourself.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!