Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby jonskinny12 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:14 pm

I've said this a few times before but I seem to be in the minority that really enjoys Vortex. It's definitely something that you need to ride defensively, and even then it will still beat you up so I understand the hate. But for some reason I really like the ride. The first drop in the second to last row is a lot of fun, and I'm a fan of the old Arrow corkscrews.

My girlfriend hated it though. We were there for a couple days and she told me that if I wanted to go on it again the second day she would gladly watch me.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:33 pm

jonskinny12 wrote:she told me that if I wanted to go on it again the second day she would gladly watch me.

Sounds familiar. I did con Emily into going this time around, though. I was surprised. It's hard not to look at the ride and appreciate the history and nostalgia. It looked great near the time the park was closing, so I decided to ride it with the historical appreciation. I really enjoyed it... for one ride.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:23 am

Ape wrote:I don't find the Mystic Timbers shed pointless. I would much rather sit in a dark shed on hot days then bake in the sun.

:nina:

Honestly, the shed is your standard brake run, except not standard, and with a cool "show", and cool shade. I'd love to see more coasters with these type of brake runs! :lol:

"The Shed" was massively hyped by KI, setting some enthusiasts with overactive imaginations up for the fall of inevitable anticipointment. However, I think most of us with tempered expectations, can appreciate it for what it is... and yes, enjoy the shade on hot Summer days!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 am

While at Kings Island, you overhear two and only two conversations from the GP:

1) High school sports scores/where they're going to college/upcoming games/etc.
or
2) The shed, how it's scary, there's a new monster, etc.

The shed isn't for enthusiasts, it's for the GP. The station is for the enthusiasts. There are dozens of easter eggs involving KI history, other CF parks, coaster manufacturers hidden (and obvious) in the station!

I'm surprised there's still talk about the shed being 'disappointing/dumb' as if there was supposed to be a drop track installed for someone's visit. You all know damn well what's in it and what to expect, haha. :lol:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:54 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:While at Kings Island, you overhear two and only two conversations from the GP:

1) High school sports scores/where they're going to college/upcoming games/etc.
or
2) The shed, how it's scary, there's a new monster, etc.

The shed isn't for enthusiasts, it's for the GP. The station is for the enthusiasts. There are dozens of easter eggs involving KI history, other CF parks, coaster manufacturers hidden (and obvious) in the station!

I'm surprised there's still talk about the shed being 'disappointing/dumb' as if there was supposed to be a drop track installed for someone's visit. You all know damn well what's in it and what to expect, haha. :lol:

:nina:

The shed was a brilliant marketing strategy for the ride and still is incredibly effective with the GP. It was a relatively simple add-on the park made and it generated a ton of discussion. I'll always remember all the hype for the shed on opening day of the ride.
Lots of people (GP and enthusiasts) still complain about how cheesy it is, but the fact that it's still a large topic of conversation just attests even more to it's effectiveness. Seriously, what other coaster do people talk about the brake run more than the coaster itself? :lol:
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby bluestreak » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:37 am

Then there's me who rides Mystic as many times as it takes to get all three monsters and all three songs each time I visit lol. That and Mystic Timbers is a totally kick A$$ ride.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:28 am

Anyone at the park today? I'm in a War on Drugs shirt!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:07 am

Who started putting pieces of wood at Son of Beast's grave? :lol:
20180706_115917.jpg

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Doppel Looping » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:17 am

Isn't the shed there so you have something to look at while they stack your train?

Also fun vortex game: sit in back row and watch people's heads snap side to side as you go over jerky transitions. You can watch the wave as it comes back to you and then brace for it.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:32 am

Doppel Looping wrote:Isn't the shed there so you have something to look at while they stack your train?

The air conditioning inside is a great plus, as well.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!