Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:06 pm

That has to be a good sign, right? Doesn't Carowinds have dorms?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby bgtlover » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:29 pm

^They are currently building dorms at Carowinds

I must say I had a great first visit at Kings Island last Thursday and Friday. The only thing that would have made it even better is if the weather had been cooler. It was just HOT. We were spoiled at Cedar Point earlier in the week with cooler temps and the breeze off Lake Erie. Both days consisted of mostly walk-ons for most of the coasters. The longest wait I had for anything was 20/25 minutes for Flight Of Fear. The only troublesome one I almost didn't get the credit for was Backlot Stunt Coaster. Everytime I walked by the first day it had just went down. Same thing the next day until after lunch when I hurried up and got on as soon as I went by again and it was running. I will say that ride operations weren't as on point as it was at Cedar Point the prior 3 days. They were pretty good for the most part, but didn't have the same hustle as CP. Since crowds were light, no big deal; just a comparative observation. Food operations were decent since the park wasn't too crowded. I had read stories in here of hour waits for food. I waited maybe 5 minutes at Festhaus and Tom & Che...lol

Some quick ride observations (in order of riding):

*Firehawk: Definitely better than Nighthawk. No headbanging or shaken to death. Not a top 10 or 50, but re-rideable.
*Vortex: Tear It Down. This was the 2nd most miserable ride experience among my Carowinds, CP, KI & KK trip (T3 worst).
*Beast: Great ride. New #1 woodie. I sat in the middle seat, back car (non wheel). Sadly no night ride (too tired).
*Mystic Timbers: Packs quite a punch. That shed however? Pointless. Maybe if it was at the beginning of the ride?
*Woodstock Express: Just a fun ride like it's siblings at Carowinds and KD.
*Bat: Great suspended coaster. Not as good as BBW was, but much better than Iron Dragon.
*Invertigo: Not bad, not great. Definitely better than the standard sit-down boomerangs I've been on.
*Banshee was great. The only thing keeping it from being my favorite invert are the tightening vest restraints.
*Adventure Express: Enjoyable mine train coaster with unexpected "theming".
*Racer: Great pair of racing woodies. Not as good as Thunder Road to me, but rode fairly smooth.
*Flight Of Fear: Love the one at KD. This one was ok as well...a bit more "jerky" in places. Nothing horrible though.
*Flying Ace Aerial Chase: Better harness than some of it's clones. Still a bit shaky for a kiddie coaster.
*Diamondback: Quite surprising. I have it almost tied with Mako for favorite hyper. Definitely better than Intimidator.
*Backlot Stunt Coaster: Great family ride. It had a few nice surprises as well and was better than expected.

*Great Pumpkin Coaster: I was denied for not having a child. I already knew this, but since there was no line I tried. Oh well....lol
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:39 pm

^Beast at #1, from only a day ride in the back car? I like your taste. Yeah, you know the deal about night rides on it, but I have much respect for day rides as well. It still has that dreamlike quality for me in daylight.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Postby bgtlover » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

^Well I rode it 2 days in a row before coming to that conclusion...lol Also my wooden coaster experience is limited to the Southeast US, OH & KY.
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:25 pm

prozach626 wrote:That has to be a good sign, right? Doesn't Carowinds have dorms?

Carowinds and dorney are both going to build dorms.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:59 am

I don't find the Mystic Timbers shed pointless. I would much rather sit in a dark shed on hot days then bake in the sun.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:24 am

The shed is fun, people just have insane expectations for it.

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:26 am

Well, I take back the pointless part in regards to having shade. It was quite hot both days I was at the park. Had I sat in the front at least once, maybe it would have made more sense. I'm just a back-seat rider for most coasters.
Top 12:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby joelwee » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:23 pm

I honestly don't understand all the hate for Vortex. I rode it in second to last car, front row. It had a couple of rough spots, but I found it smooth compared to most of Cedar Point's Arrows (and Rougarou). Even the wild mouse turn into the MCBR wasn't bad, but maybe I had just read so much complaining about it that I knew to brace for it. :lol:
Seat, don't fail me now!

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:16 pm

I rode Vortex at the end of my Saturday night drinking binge. It actually made it fun... It was even more fun that my group was cursing in pain.

The shed gives the riders something to do other than try to think of ways to graffiti the trains and walls. I didn't see any chewing gum on the walls, which is a nice change. People seem to enjoy it. I think it's really corny, but it gives me something to look at.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!