Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1690 - Kings Mills Antique Autos in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:18 pm

livai wrote:they could make them orange like old ones, I do not understand why they get lost in details like these
blacks are really ugly

FINALLY!! I feel like we had to wait way too long for someone to complain about the seats!

PKI Jizzman wrote:The real question is how jealous are you going to be when I'm on the first train of the year in the new seats it's pretty much equal to being the first rider opening year who cares about credits it's about the first train of the day and the last train of the day :devil:

Thank you! I enjoy reading between the lines.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:50 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:The real question is how many new credits to count Diamondback with black seats. Are they all the same shade of black, or are there some blacker blacks than could provide a substantially different ride experience and therefore be another credit? I think to be safe, we should count this as 32 new credits.

The real question is how jealous are you going to be when I'm on the first train of the year in the new seats it's pretty much equal to being the first rider opening year who cares about credits it's about the first train of the day and the last train of the day :devil:

:lmao:

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:29 pm

defrocker wrote:Diamondback is really getting ready to turn 10!? Man, I swear, rollercoasters make me feel old quicker than anything else.

Diamondback opened the day after I joined TPR! :shockr: Crazy how it both does and doesn't seem "new."

I wasn't expecting to have particular feelings about the new seats, but I like 'em.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby prozach626 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:40 pm

B&M's hold up really well. Aside from a little paint fade, the ride still seems new and exciting to me. I've only been riding it for 4 or 5 years and it's definitely my favorite hyper. I'm curious how it will hold up to Skyrush this summer, since I'm more partial to smooth, fast, and comfortable, vs. smooth, fast, and bucking bronco.

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:22 pm

^ Skyrush is definitely a different animal, that's for sure.

I need to get back there soon to try it out a few more times. The first time that I rode it, I wasn't a fan, but the 2nd time was more fun. I would like to try one of the inner seats next time too.

I305 was like that for me as well...I didn't like it before it was re-profiled because of the grey-outs. After the re-profile and a few more rides since, it has grown on me a lot to the point where I now have it in my Top 5 coasters.

Count me as a Diamondback fan too. Great coaster and I dig the Halloween-looking trains/seats!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:42 pm

prozach626 wrote:B&M's hold up really well. Aside from a little paint fade, the ride still seems new and exciting to me. I've only been riding it for 4 or 5 years and it's definitely my favorite hyper. I'm curious how it will hold up to Skyrush this summer, since I'm more partial to smooth, fast, and comfortable, vs. smooth, fast, and bucking bronco.

I'm quite a fan of both rides. I think honestly you'll probably like Diamondback a little better. They're very different rides, and are excellent for different reasons. Diamondback does the classic roller coaster stuff to perfection. Skyrush will change your expectations of what a roller coaster can do. But what's really important is that both parks have a beer man. :lol:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:12 pm

prozach626 wrote:I'm curious how it will hold up to Skyrush this summer, since I'm more partial to smooth, fast, and comfortable, vs. smooth, fast, and bucking bronco.

I'd be surprised if Skyrush won out here. I tend not to rank coasters, but Diamondback is way up there toward the top for me — maybe even my favorite coaster period. That's because all its airtime is drawn-out and very smooth, and the whole ride is just enjoyable and fun from start to finish. I found Skyrush to be the exact opposite, even though I still rode it a whole bunch of times.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:29 am

WolfBobs wrote: Probably cause the orange seats went to s**t from all the nasty head grease. So this will solve that problem. It's not getting lost in the details, but noticing that those details needed to be changed.

I have to agree. Visited in 2010 and then again in 2016 and you could see how bad those seats in the head rest area had deteriorated over those years turning them black and making them look ugly. Thankfully the seats had nothing to do the airtime thrills it provides. ;)

Postby prozach626 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:38 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:But what's really important is that both parks have a beer man. :lol:

I'll drink to that!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby KIJester » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Slammin' President's Day deal of Admission with Fast Lane plus for only $69.99 good any day 2018 operating season.

Just purchased and saved tons of money for my trip in June

https://www.visitkingsisland.com

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!