Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1626 - A look at Winterfest
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby DorneyKid14 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:54 pm

coasterbill wrote:
DorneyKid14 wrote:I know dorneys will be closing after next season.

Awesome! I can't wait to see what they replace it with. That would be a great expansion pad for the park's next major addition like a haunt maze or another chicken tender stand.

Ive heard from rumors that there is a possibility that they will use that land for....... wait for it..... a hotel....... :| :| :|
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:46 am

coasterbill wrote: As an added bonus, it's a brilliant place to put a Haunt Maze in future years. I wouldn't be surprised if they leave the store building there and everything and just use all of it for Haunt..

They already use part of it for the queue for Field of Screams (which last year was so long it actually filled up to the tent entrance area). It's really eerie waiting with the shadows of dinosaurs (most covered up) around you. I'm sure they could repurpose more of it if they wanted.

I haven't been through Dinosaurs Alive at KI so we'll have to make a point of it next time we're there during the day. This is an interesting piece of news which could open up some great possibilities for new rides, or mean nothing at all.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby WOFanatic » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:58 am

I have a feeling that most if not all Cedar Fair parks are removing their Dinos next year. I know at least one other park is removing theirs, though I can’t say which one (I think you can figure it out, though).
Favorites: 1. Maverick 2. Outlaw Run 3. Rougarou 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. Shockwave (SFOT) 7. Prowler 8. American Thunder 9. Batman 10. Mamba 11. Gatekeeper 12. Gemini 13. Valravn 14. Millennium Force 15. Powder Keg

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby kenban » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:22 pm

From what I was told all of the Dinosaurs Alive attractions are being removed. Kings Island was the first park to have it installed and is the first to have it removed. Assuming they are closing in the same order they were built, I expect to see Cedar Point, Dorney, Kings Dominion, and Canada's Wonderland at the end of 2018. Followed by Carowinds, Valleyfair, and Worlds of Fun closing at the end of 2019.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby partycat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:35 pm

RIP Party Media Event 2017 9-22-17
This year Travis and I got to attend the Media Event on opening night of Halloween Haunt!
This year the new attractions were "Wasteland" and "Dance of the Macabre" they were both newly added scare zones in pathways at the park.
Wasteland was on the pathway to the Banshee and DropZone and it is themed like a wasteland and there were people running around in hazmat suits; get out, before its too late!
Dance of the Macabre is under the Eiffel tower and there were little "stations" under the eiffel tower to take pictures and they also had scare actors running around, and posing at the stations when it got dark
The crowds this year were nowhere near as bad as the previous years of opening night, which made it a great time to get some rides in as well! :)
Here are some pictures from Friday night:
IMG_7289.jpg
the key is different this year! very steam-punk, super cool
IMG_7292.jpg
list of mazes, the new additions this year were scare-zones
IMG_7295.jpg
First ride of the night, love diamondback :)
IMG_7297.jpg
of course the beast was one of the first things we rode!
IMG_7300.jpg
we dead
IMG_7303.jpg
vortex loops!
IMG_7305.jpg
there were no lines whatsoever, got right on to these
IMG_7307.jpg
monsters rock show in the festhaus, loved the live band!
IMG_7310.jpg
thought this photo spot was really cool! you can see the eiffel tower eyes in the background
IMG_7316.jpg
they moved the halloween haunt hearse in front of hot blooded this year
IMG_7318.jpg
hot blooded is our favorite show!
IMG_7320.jpg
I love that you can see the tower and the eyes on it from all over the park, really cool!
IMG_7322.jpg
one of the "Dance of the Macabre" photo ops, there were little stations you could take photos in under the eiffel tower. Later on in the night there were scare actors in some of the photo ops
IMG_7327.jpg
time for Hot Blooded! new setup looks really good!
IMG_7330.jpg
IMG_7335.jpg
IMG_7344.jpg
IMG_7349.jpg
time for food! this year they had a "wasteland" themed dining area for the media
IMG_7350.jpg
mmmmm cake
IMG_7355.jpg
drinks!
IMG_7362.jpg
Banshee at night with almost no wait!
IMG_7364.jpg
Blackout is my favorite maze of all of the mazes I've been in, its completely dark and a group holds onto a rope to stay together and the only instruction is to keep your hand on the wall to get through, really cool!
IMG_7366.jpg
wolf pack is one of our favorites to re-do because its on the old son of beast train station
IMG_7368.jpg
signage in front of dinosaurs alive, I know I don't wanna be the person to kick the dinosaurs out!
IMG_7370.jpg
slaughterhouse is right behind the beast :)
IMG_7373.jpg
of course we have to get some night rides of the beast!
IMG_7375.jpg
the best night ride!!
IMG_7381.jpg
I really love this shot
IMG_7382.jpg
I couldn't post just one
IMG_7387.jpg
front entrance theming is really cool
IMG_7390.jpg
signs for WinterFest this year!!
IMG_7393.jpg
sunrise shot on our way home in the morning

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:45 pm

Awesome TR! Thanks for sharing!
Wood-29
Steel- 74
Total- 103

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:54 pm

I just love the monster eyes on the tower!! :lover:

Thanks for the TR.
Bigger is not always better.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:17 am

I'm planning to go to Haunt on Friday the 13th next month, as I thought that'd be a cool day to use my free day that comes with getting my CF Platinum Pass! I just wondered if people thought it would be busier than a usual Friday because of the "special" date, or if that shouldn't affect it much. I know it's a hard thing predicting crowds, but I wasn't sure if this has happened before, where a Haunt Friday was on the 13th as well. Thanks for any input, or even just opinions on what to expect!

Also, I'll just go to the Season Pass Center first, to process my paper ticket, right? Then they'll give me my pass for next year, and a ticket for that night or something? I've only ever gotten a pass at CP before, so I'm unfamiliar with the process at KI. Thanks again!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby defrocker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:30 am

I can't speak to KI but I just did this for myself at Carowinds a couple weeks ago. Yep, just head to the season pass processing center and you'll get your actual pass and you take that to the front gate. Just let the scanner know that you are using your free day. Interesting tidbit, it's actually coded in the system as a free friend ticket so they have to process it as such.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby KICoasterkev » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Looks like they announced their events and attractions for WinterFest today! Here's the link! :)

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/winterfest

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!