Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1546 - Mystic Timbers Media Event w/ SHED REVEAL!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:35 am

As expected, it is a pretty solid coaster! Something more appropriate for families, but just enough wild parts for thrill seekers! Also full of airtime!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 am

Inside the shed is a slightly smaller shed and inside that shed is an even smaller shed and inside that shed is a really small shed and so on the loop continues......

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:19 am

It's nothing but a continuous loop of "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley on a giant screen.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby EastCoastKid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:30 am

michaellynn4 wrote:It's nothing but a continuous loop of "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley on a giant screen.

I love that song! :br
What is this donkey business?

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby DILinator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 am

So, before we go any further, can I get a definitive answer on whether this is going to be a spoiler free thread, regarding #whatsintheshed? If not, I guess I will refrain from coming in here for the next 10 days, unfortunately... I'd love to hear reviews of the coaster itself, but if people simply can't resist spoiling it, then I'll just avoid checking in here for a little while... :?r
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Genx24 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:00 am

Curiosity got the best of me, so I had to see what was in the shed. Won't give anything away on that front, but the ride itself looks like a lot of fun. Looking forward to it (and everything else!) on my inaugural visit to Kings Island this summer.
No. 1 Wood: El Toro
No. 1 Steel: Skyrush

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby drummermattk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 am

So as media day is winding down and the first rider event coming up later tonight I wanted to share this picture. As many of you know, I work at the park. Mystic Timbers to be exact and I'm also trying to get into the Industry. While some stuff has been going on, Adam House (pictured on the right) (lead designer for Great Coasters International) was kind enough to answer some of my questions that I had about how to get into the industry, some other GCI's that are new for this year and older ones from the past, asking who I post as on KICentral, on here as well and even taking this picture with me! So as everyone gets a ride on Mystic, I just want to say thank you Adam House for taking some time and answering some of my questions and showing me the right way to get into the industry!
Adam House Picture.jpg
Top 5 Steel: 1.Fury 325 2. Phantom's Revenge 3. Maverick 4. Afterburn 5. Storm Chaser
Top 5 Woodies: 1.Lightning Rod 2. Voyage 3.Beast 4.Jack Rabbit 5.Legend
check out CoasterMatt Productions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCEIBVYHqjtsfqAHCCO0mzQ/videosImage]

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby kenban » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:42 am

I think Mystic Timbers is fantastic. It has tons of air time and never seems to slow down. The theming looks great and overall the ride is one of the best in the park. The shed is a fun ending and does add to the ride but did not deserve the level of marketing it received. I feel like the park should have spent more time marketing the ride as a whole or just the coaster.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby thrilladdict » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:48 am

After watching the POV's of the shed... wow that's hilariously bad. Could they not afford to make the projection screen the right size or aspect ratio? it's got white space all around the image.

Wow. Coaster looks great though!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:56 am

kenban wrote:...The shed is a fun ending and does add to the ride but did not deserve the level of marketing it received...

Pretty sure we all knew this was going to happen.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!