Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:45 am

I missed the blue ice cream flavored cotton candy by a day. They were sold out! They did have some other options though..
20180706_130930.jpg
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby Skittles » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:39 am

Hi TPR,

As a stop on my summer trip, I'll be visiting Kings Island on Saturday, July 21st. How should crowds be? Is there a good itinerary for how to get each credit, and are there any notable non-coaster rides that I should check out?

Thanks!
Coaster Count - A lot

Top 10 under construction

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:00 am

Skittles wrote:Hi TPR,

As a stop on my summer trip, I'll be visiting Kings Island on Saturday, July 21st. How should crowds be? Is there a good itinerary for how to get each credit, and are there any notable non-coaster rides that I should check out?

Thanks!

You should definitely get there a little before 9:30 for the early entry if you have a gold/plat pass. The lines to get in can build, so 9:15 should set you right. Absolutely get the fast pass, you'll need it.

Pick your poison between Invertigo, Flight of Fear/Firehawk, Stunt Track, the smaller coasters. Not sure if Invertigo/FOF/Firehawk would be open right away at 10am so maybe start with the little wooden coaster/junior inverted and go to Stunt Track if you're bent on getting *all credits possible*. Honestly I wouldn't suggest you try to get on the kiddie coaster (no adults) or the junior inverted since it's one train and a crappy Vekoma inverted coaster. You're at KI on a Saturday in July, so I'd suggest you use your time more wisely on better/more memorable rides. Just my advice (especially if you're not budgeting FL).

Drop Tower has been closed in the last 3 visits and I asked an op if it had been open at all this season and they said yes, but I don't know what's up with it. If it's open, ride it for sure. Windseeker gives great views of the Beast from above, check that out if it's open. Viking Ship in the outer most seats is a great floater-filled ride. Shake Rattle and Roll/Troika is a classic.

Try out Diamondback in row 2, 10, and 15.
Ride Banshee in the front and then try the back.
Ride Bat in the front and back - 2 very different experiences.
I'd say Racer/FoF/Adventure Express/Vortex/Stunt Track/Timbers are all front seat rides.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 am

Woodstock Express (kiddie wooden coaster) is fair game to anyone, and is actually a fairly nice little wooden coaster. Flying Ace Aerial Chase (family invert) is alright. Might be a little jerky, but not on the same roughness level as a coaster like Vortex.

For flats, I can second Drop Tower and maybe Windseeker if you like those, but also Delirium if the line isn't too lengthy.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby jrd64fan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:55 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Drop Tower has been closed in the last 3 visits and I asked an op if it had been open at all this season and they said yes, but I don't know what's up with it. If it's open, ride it for sure.

Drop Tower was open at the park today. First time at the park in a few years so was my first time riding Banshee and Timbers. Also got a ride on the last train on Beast for the night.

Some advice: Don't forget to ride Beast at night. Timbers also gives a somewhat good night ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:Absolutely get the fast pass, you'll need it.

Be prepared for long FL+ waits on Saturday. It might take you five to ten minutes to get on Beast..........

Seriously, I've never been to King's Island where FL+ has make almost every ride taking you into the station within a couple minutes, sometimes immediately. It's the best combination of having larger rides compared to no wait with FL+ that I've ever experienced. Even during packed weekends at The Haunt I've never waited more than 5-10 minutes using FL+. The bang for your buck is incredible. I've said it 100 times, but it's worth repeating.

Head to The Bat first, since there is no FL+ entrance. Getting there early I've never seen the wait more than ten to fifteen minutes.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby KristenLeigh » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Anybody at the park today and know why Delerium (sp?)was closed? Wes and I wemt about 6-7 hours and when we got there it was not packed. It could've been the fact that they were calling for rain but I liked no long waits for rides that I rode anyway. I got to talking to my cousin and she loves Mystic Timbers as well so next time I go she can ride with me as I don't like riding by myself. We did ride the rapids ride once and that water was so cold and I got freaking drenched but we was headed to water park afterwards so it didn't matter. Out of the flats they have I love the scrambler, windseeker and the swings. Best coasters that I personally like is Banshee, Mystic Timbers and BSC.

They have a nice waterpark but I much prefer Splashin' Safari a million times. I do wish they would get a water coaster at least but according to my husband said it would have long waits as well.

Food wise, I had a bacon cheeseburger from Festhaus and it wasn't good. The fries are amazing though. Best place to eat is the new bbq place though. The pulled pork is amazing.

Don't know if we'll be back next Monday or not. If so, does anybody wanna meet up?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/984681da7168be3a7e78a7aa6ad1aac2.jpg[/img][/url]

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:18 am

KristenLeigh wrote:Best place to eat is the new bbq place though. The pulled pork is amazing.

This BBQ place is great. I was with a couple people and we all shared so I was able to sample a few different things. It all tasted great and I thought the portion sizes were really big. Prices weren't bad either. It's definitely somewhere I'll be going back to on future visits.

Postby thrillrider » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:04 pm

jonskinny12 wrote:
KristenLeigh wrote:Best place to eat is the new bbq place though. The pulled pork is amazing.

This BBQ place is great. I was with a couple people and we all shared so I was able to sample a few different things. It all tasted great and I thought the portion sizes were really big. Prices weren't bad either. It's definitely somewhere I'll be going back to on future visits.

I have to agree that this place has some great food, however disagree about the portion size.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:13 pm

thrillrider wrote:
jonskinny12 wrote:

I have to agree that this place has some great food, however disagree about the portion size.

I don't know, pretty sure this BBQ place is in America, and therefore by definition the portion is really big.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!