TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Interesting development...

Fred Grub from RMC, was just seen walking around the racer.

Photo is courtesy of Cedarpoint history.

Looks like he's leaving a new "marker" on that wall.

I thought this guy was taking a....... nevermind...

Lol...i was thinking the same thing.

Having seen the entire photo and not just the cropped version. Fred is walking with Greg Scheid who is the former GM of Kings Island and is currently the regional VP of Cedar Fair. He oversees several parks and his office is at Kings Island. This could be something as simple as just wanting to get out of the office while they are discussing a new ride for one of the other parks Greg oversees, or maybe a ride which already opened this year. Having said that I actually have no idea what parks are part of the region but both KI and CP are.

Assuming they are discussing an RMC attraction for Kings Island. I cannot see a conversion to any existing wooden coasters at Kings Island, unless they just do a track replacement with topper track to reduce the cost of maintenance. If it is a new attraction likely either a new ground up wooden coaster, maybe a hyper as a replacement for Son of Beast, or a T-Rex. I have my doubts that they are discussing a ride for Kings Island, but it is the right time to be getting things ready for a 2020 coaster.

Was at Kings Island on Wednesday and Thursday this past week. Park seem to have a lot of foot traffic but the lines were not longer than 10 minutes other than flight of fear and fire hawk. Operations were good at this park. Spent about 5-6 hours each day at the park. I think I preferred Diamondback over Mystic Timbers as the best coaster in the park although it was close. I know I prefer Ghostrider over mystic Timbers. Rode all coasters that were open. Blue side of racer was not operating.

Well first visit to KI was a success. Quiet day. Basically barely any wait on everything. Did everything multiple times if wanted. Was surprised by Beast, better than I expected and did get the infamous night ride. Sucks they had to close it for fireworks so what was a walk on ended up a 45 min wait, but yeah unexpectedly good ride. Mystic Timbers was sick. Possibly my favorite at the park. Banshee was a close second, and Diamondback was great though less air than I expected. The operations were superb. Why the hell can't every park always run 3 trains even if Quiet? The lines were so small and the actual loading operations were quick. Many places could take a lesson from here.

Kings Island always seems to be overlooked in discussions about parks with great operations, but they’ve been pretty outstanding for years now (with the exception of Flight of Fear...)

Kings Island always seems to be overlooked in discussions about parks with great operations, but they’ve been pretty outstanding for years now (with the exception of Flight of Fear...)

Never been before so it was my first experience. The operations were brilliant. Yes except flight of fear, which was not dreadfully slow but wow... how a ride with no OTSR can give me such a headache. Was worse than vortex! My head hurt for like 2 hours

Agreed the one at Dominion is perfectly fine. I don't recall it being rough at all, and was indeed a fun ride. This one, no joke I got an Advil and laid at the water park for an hour to recover! I tried to press on but my head was just throbbing

I personally really enjoy Flight of Fear at Kings Island. But I also liked Vortex quite a bit last year, so what do I know?

Well vortex I found not as bad and I prepare for an arrow. I didn't expect FoF to be so bad so I was quite caught off guard. Vortex at least had a neat layout, granted there were those super awkward transitions. Glad I rode it for the history. Same with Racer but I wouldn't mind that getting the RMC. Wasn't the toughest but pretty borderline (and I got a goigh rough tolerance) and it was a bit lackluster. I recall liking rebel yell more. Oh and the joy of low expectations. Beast was quite fun, better than I expected. Not top 10 wooden but fun. Mystic Timbers though good Lord. What a ride

I got a quick question to ask. I'm going to the park on the 20 with a friend and I'm buying both of our tickets online. My friend should be able to use the second ticket correct? Now since we only get one day we're going for the Admission & FL+ ticket.

Edited by 9Armgeddon4

Flight of Fear at Kings Island is terrible, which is weird since I think the one at Kings Dominion is super smooth and generally awesome.

Take it back you son of a b*tch!

meh. It's OK. I like FoF. It served us well when it was pouring rain for the last three hours during our Haunt visit.

I’ll be visiting Kings Island next week and one of my priorities is getting a night ride on The Beast since I missed that opportunity when I was there three years ago. Looks like sunset in Mason on the days I’ll be there will be around 9pm (one hour before the 10pm closing time). Will it be completely dark (or at least dark enough) by 10 pm so that I’ll be able to get the full night ride experience if I try to get on one of the last trains of the night?

Thanks for the answer. Normally we buy our own tickets but my friend is a little short on money because of school so I offered to buy the tickets.

Cool, have fun!

Flight of Fear at Kings Island is terrible, which is weird since I think the one at Kings Dominion is super smooth and generally awesome.

Take it back you son of a b*tch!

meh. It's OK. I like FoF. It served us well when it was pouring rain for the last three hours during our Haunt visit.

It's no Mr. Freeze, but FoF is pretty fun.

I’ll be visiting Kings Island next week and one of my priorities is getting a night ride on The Beast since I missed that opportunity when I was there three years ago. Looks like sunset in Mason on the days I’ll be there will be around 9pm (one hour before the 10pm closing time). Will it be completely dark (or at least dark enough) by 10 pm so that I’ll be able to get the full night ride experience if I try to get on one of the last trains of the night?

Mayyybe? The later the better. Even if it's not pitch dark, it's still a pretty great night ride, but try to get in line just before 10 so that you're in line when the fireworks go. After that's done, they'll clear out the line, though if the front row line is uber long, they may cut it off and have those queuing for the front go to other rows.