Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: 25 Jun 2013
Location: Cerritos, Ca.
Gender: Male
Age: 49

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlvr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Mr Stratosphere wrote:
fredoflasvegas wrote:
vertigomike wrote:Well it looks like Buffalo Bill's has made all ride indefinitely closed according to their website (https://www.primmvalleyresorts.com/Amenities.aspx?info=attractions). Desperado has been 'SBNO' since December 2017.

Also, for those that follow Vegas development, the Lucky Dragon Resort, which opened in 2016, has also closed.




The website has been updated and Desperado is open 5 days a week.



When I drove past Buffalo Bill’s over the weekend, Turbo Drop has been dismantled. Wonder what happened to it or if it was scrapped. That version was the prototype, sad to see it gone as it was one of the most forceful!!


i thought it's been gone for years, no? i liked when they had the camera at the top.
Image

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

I’m not sure, it’s been SBNO forever but I can’t recall when it was removed. Really is a shame! I’ve been flying to California so much this was my first drive in a couple of years.
Image

This button makes my penis erect.
User avatar
 
Posts: 4328
Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Location: So Cali
Gender: Male
Age: 36

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby DJeXeL » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:37 pm

That thing was in bad shape when I stopped to ride Desperado a couple years ago. Wonder why they left it to rot.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
 
Posts: 200
Joined: 25 Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby clem2754 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:33 pm

I rode Desperado last Labor Day weekend. I think they shut it down in January. Rumor has it that they ran it over Memorial Day weekend, but didn't update the site. They seem to be following the Six Flags way of communicating.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Location: West Michigan
Gender: Male

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:31 am

Any track on site for the new Chance coaster?
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 30 Oct 2016
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Age: 37

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby Jason Maier » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 am

clem2754 wrote:I rode Desperado last Labor Day weekend. I think they shut it down in January. Rumor has it that they ran it over Memorial Day weekend, but didn't update the site. They seem to be following the Six Flags way of communicating.


I've seen said coaster given the (not so) flattering nickname of Despera-DON'T. Is it rougher than the other two Arrow Hypers?

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 13377
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:46 am

Well... the other ones follow an out and back design, while Desperado just turns... a lot... at high speeds... and Ron Toomer designed it.

I thought it was garbage, but your mileage may vary. :lol:

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 30 Oct 2016
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Age: 37

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby Jason Maier » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:49 am

coasterbill wrote:Well... the other ones follow an out and back design, while Desperado just turns... a lot... at high speeds... and Ron Toomer designed it.

I thought it was garbage, but your mileage may vary. :lol:


Well . . . at least Magnum XL 200 and the Big One are at amusement parks.

I wonder what the whole thought process was of building Desperado in the middle of nowhere (it's not that far from the California/Nevada border)?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
 
Posts: 200
Joined: 25 Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby clem2754 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:08 am

Jason Maier wrote:
clem2754 wrote:I rode Desperado last Labor Day weekend. I think they shut it down in January. Rumor has it that they ran it over Memorial Day weekend, but didn't update the site. They seem to be following the Six Flags way of communicating.


I've seen said coaster given the (not so) flattering nickname of Despera-DON'T. Is it rougher than the other two Arrow Hypers?
I perferred Magnum XL-200 by a pretty ride margin. I really find Magnum enjoyable. Desperado in my opinion was OK. It provies some airtime and enjoyable moments but that is offset by a pretty painful ride to be honest. Is it pure garbage like a Green Lantern at SFMM, or T3 at Kentucky Kingdom- NO, but it is one of the weaker hypers you will ride.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"
User avatar
 
Posts: 10552
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Location: Northridge, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:49 pm

Jason Maier wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Well... the other ones follow an out and back design, while Desperado just turns... a lot... at high speeds... and Ron Toomer designed it.

I thought it was garbage, but your mileage may vary. :lol:


Well . . . at least Magnum XL 200 and the Big One are at amusement parks.

I wonder what the whole thought process was of building Desperado in the middle of nowhere (it's not that far from the California/Nevada border)?


The thought process was "we need to draw people in." Stateline WAS popular for Californian's who didn't want to drive the extra time onto the strip or deal with the strip since it used to be the first place to legally gamble before Indian casinos popped up all over CA.
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron