TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Plopsaland De Panne Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Plopsaland de Panne, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

July 11th, 2008 - Park announced launched Gerstlauer for park's 10th anniversary (SEE BELOW)

March 2nd, 2009 - Anubis construction progress

March 12th, 2009 - Anubis construction progress

May 18th, 2009 - Anubis has opened

October 6th, 2012 - Park announces expansion plans for 2013-2015

July 1st, 2013 - Wickieland Grand Opening!

October 18th, 2013 - Construction on PlopsaAqua begins

December 7th, 2014 - Big new ride confirmed for 2016 from an American company

March 15th, 2015 - Wooden roller coaster announced for 2016

July 29th, 2016 - Heidi's opening moved to April 2017 due to environmental permits problems

October 2nd, 2018 - New 5 million Euro log flume with Volcano theming announced

October 20th, 2019 - Mack XTreme Spinning Coaster announced

January 15th, 2021 - "The Ride to Happiness by Tomorrowland" coaster theme announced!

Original Post:

The Flemish park Plopsaland at De Panne (Belgian coast), will

celebrate its 10th birthday in 2009. For this, they will

build a new roller coaster, namely a launched Gerstlauer

ride.

It will be the first inverting coaster for the park

which was at first mainly aimed at toddlers and small children.

The coaster is comparable with the new Lynet at Fårup

Sommerland. The layout is more extensive though.

POV Video:

Wow, that has to be one of the most messed up but at the same time awesome coaster stations I've ever seen. Yeah, this ride looks pretty unique. I like the look of the trains, their basically the same thing as X-car trains.

Also, this was obviously built in No limits. Could this possibly be No Limits 2 anyone?

-Gaven

Am I the only one who have problems with the POV; it doesn't appear

But from what I can see in the sketches it looks pretty good; a bit weird and out of control layout, but that definitely doesn't make it worse.

And the station is just awesome!!

Am I the only one who have problems with the POV; it doesn't appear

But from what I can see in the sketches it looks pretty good; a bit weird and out of control layout, but that definitely doesn't make it worse.

And the station is just awesome!!

Try this link for the POV:

If you like "Star Flyer's" ride their version:

Nothing was mentioned, except the theming of the station being all about the "upside down"thing (it's the first looping coaster to the park, so they are sure exploiting this element). That's why I wouldn't expect anything extensive except for the station (see concept art). The ride will most likely be surrounded with trees, so extensive theming throughout the whole ride is IMHO not really necessary.

Anyway I find the station hilariously confusing and that's enough for me !

This ride looks really cool. I like how MS and Gerstlauer are stepping up to the game. I really think they will be the next top 2 coaster company in the future, probably beating out B&M and Intamin. Who knows. But this ride looks promising

Wow this looks awesome! I really dig how more coasters these days have only 1 or 2 cars to them, it makes the ride more consistent on every cycle.

Maybe the train will stop before the launch section, NL just couldn't display the launch that way? Because from the looks of it, that may be the biggest potential problem of this ride. That and the oddly place corkscrew right into the final break run.

Its going to be exciting to see the ride AND the station when this thing is all done!

Lynet doesn't stop for the launch either, it just drops out of the station into the launch. Chances are great Plopsaland's coaster will behave similarly.

For the short train coasters that multily like bunnies, most of them are launch coasters. Sshort train is lighter, and thus requires less power to be launched, so the park doesn't have to have a very high capacity power supply to implement the ride.