Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 212: VR queue to be included with CanCan coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Mon May 28, 2018 1:49 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:Poffertjes are a Dutch delicacy - they're like little doughy balls and are normally served with sugar, Nutella or syrup. Hope I've got that right Dutch TPR members :p

Thanks, KarlaKoaster and Murfie! I'd heard the name, but never knew exactly what they were. They sound a bit like "sweet blinis." :Pr I've been to Amsterdam before, but I never got to enjoy these delicacies. Although every corner seemed to have a raw herring stand. (Not bad, actually! Altho poffertjes sound VERY tasty! :)

Alice

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 pm

^ In a few of the Japanese parks, they offer the same sort of pastry
(and made the same way), but in the form of little bears. :smile:

In Europa park, though....those are Dee-lish > doughy little bears. ;)
H07_BagOfTeddysDonuts_TobuZoo.jpg
At Tobu Zoo, I found these little bears. TPR 2011 Japan Tour.
Resize of IMG_2338a.JPG
What I and others found (and ate) at Cosmoworld. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue May 29, 2018 4:19 am

Just now catching up with this. Thank goodness no one was seriously hurt. Attractions can be replaced, people can't be.

It'll take a few years, but I'd also bet that the area will be back to normal, if not better than it was, soon.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Tue May 29, 2018 9:42 am

From the park's Twitter:

We are working day and night so that Fjord Rafting can be in operation again as soon as possible. We expect this to happen in the coming weeks.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue May 29, 2018 10:39 am

JordyC wrote:From the park's Twitter:

We are working day and night so that Fjord Rafting can be in operation again as soon as possible. We expect this to happen in the coming weeks.

Sound very fast. I know it's mostly concrete but still it can be damaged by fire and when it needs to contain water that can be a problem. Theming can be fixed anytime later. I also heard that they want to reopen the teacups in the Netherlands section as soon as possible.
Which means they really want to get the park operating as normal as soon as they can. Really curious if they want to get the foot stands that are okay back open again.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Tue May 29, 2018 11:06 am

RCT3Bross wrote:Sound very fast. I know it's mostly concrete but still it can be damaged by fire and when it needs to contain water that can be a problem. Theming can be fixed anytime later.

It will be fine, they know what they are doing :)

RCT3Bross wrote:I also heard that they want to reopen the teacups in the Netherlands section as soon as possible.

The Teacups will open later this week according to Facebook.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue May 29, 2018 4:46 pm

RCT3Bross wrote:Sound very fast. I know it's mostly concrete but still it can be damaged by fire and when it needs to contain water that can be a problem. Theming can be fixed anytime later. I also heard that they want to reopen the teacups in the Netherlands section as soon as possible.
Which means they really want to get the park operating as normal as soon as they can. Really curious if they want to get the foot stands that are okay back open again.

Good on Europa Park, trying to get the attractions back up and running right away. There's something to be said about a park that is willing to take the hit so that their guests will continue to have good experiences, even after the fire.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Skittles » Tue May 29, 2018 5:10 pm

All the work the park has done really shows how much they care about the emotions of their guests. Kudos to you, Mack!

Beyond that, I'm excited to see what takes the place of Scandinavia.
Coaster Count - 104 (as of Carowinds; my count is up to date with my trip report thread)

Top 10 under construction as I'm on my trip.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue May 29, 2018 5:18 pm

^ Actually, I'm hoping they replace Scandinavia with.... Scandinavia.
Rebuild it, with new features/design, etc. That'd be nice of them to do. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Wed May 30, 2018 6:48 am

Europa-Park makes plans for a new attraction after devastating fire

300518dise.jpg

Less than four days after the devastating fire in Europa-Park, plans are being made for a new attraction. In the fire of last weekend, the dark ride Piraten in Batavia was completely wiped out. "We can confirm that an attraction for the whole family will once again arise in the future," says a spokesperson.

It is not yet clear what type of attraction will be built there. "After the loss of Piraten in Batavia, the Mack family thinks intensively about a new concept." Europa-Park is owned by the Mack family. The daily management is in the hands of directors Michael and Thomas Mack.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!