Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 212: VR queue to be included with CanCan coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby KarlaKoaster » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks Norwegian coasterfan, I thought it might be that :)

RCT3Bross wrote:I've been following the Eurosat project off and on. But there are two thing still not clear to me.
1. Is this a re-tracking of (most) of the coaster or are they redesigning it?
and 2. If it's re-tracking why not just re-theme it? AKA why was it necessary to re-track?
I read some articles but they where hinting either way.

1. It's replacing the track, but they will keep the layout as close to the original as possible
2. The ride is nearly 30 years old so I guess it needed repairs, plus it was quite rough for some people

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:10 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:Thanks Norwegian coasterfan, I thought it might be that :)

RCT3Bross wrote:I've been following the Eurosat project off and on. But there are two thing still not clear to me.
1. Is this a re-tracking of (most) of the coaster or are they redesigning it?
and 2. If it's re-tracking why not just re-theme it? AKA why was it necessary to re-track?
I read some articles but they where hinting either way.

1. It's replacing the track, but they will keep the layout as close to the original as possible
2. The ride is nearly 30 years old so I guess it needed repairs, plus it was quite rough for some people

See this is why I'm confused. It hints towards change. Am I to see that like they did with the Python in the Efteling? (basically smoothing out the ride). I don't know I just find that statement confusing. About the ride being rough and in need of repairs, I can see that. It may have been 8 years since I rode it but I still remember it being jerky, also the fact that I shared my seat with a larger person helped me to remember that ride, with the restrains being so far away I might have been able to squeeze myself out of it. (Am so glad the new trains don't seem to share that problem.)
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:48 pm

^ This is the new layout

Source
F6E92FE2-6AD5-498A-BD84-5A554864F31C.jpeg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:55 pm

^ Man, I would love to see this put into something Vancouver already has for it..... :wink:
science-world-downtown.jpg
Currently known as Science World, with an OMNI-MAX cinema in the orb. (o; An EXPO86 World's Fair Legacy Bldg.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:24 am

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:^It is the old track. I think they said that they will remove and replace certain sections at a time to make sure that everything line up ;)

The black track you see in the picture is indeed the old track. They mentioned that they need to replace small parts of the track at one time to maintain the static of the the construction. But they will replace all the track piece by piece.
And yes it was necessary because the ride was planned for about 20 years of lifetime and I think some track parts needed to get refurbished. And they add a second station for VR rides, so they have now two rides in one.
They will use most of the original layout but they said they will add two new elements. In one interview one of the Mack's even mentioned one thing will be worls first. But not sure if he means an element on the ride or something about the theming (maybe an 360 degree projection).
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:14 am

Europa-Park allows visitors to skip the line for a fee

220418rijen1.jpg

Visitors of Europa-Park can now skip a queue for a fee. The German theme park has introduced a paid skip-the-line system for the virtual reality roller coaster Alpenexpress Coastiality.

Who wants to experience the roller coaster Alpenexpress with virtual reality, normally pays 2 euros per ride. Due to the low capacity, the waiting time can increase considerably. Recently, visitors can also opt for a Coastiality+ Pass for 6.99 euros. With that they no longer have to wait in line.

There are four different virtual reality films, each with its own theme. The VIP passes are available at the main entrance, at various information kiosks in the park and via the special Coastiality app.

Europa-Park was until now one of the few theme parks in Germany where no paid skip-the-line system was active. In parks like Movie Park Germany, Holiday Park and Phantasialand, it has long been customary that guests can pay to skip queues.

220418rijen2.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:34 am

I only hope this leads to more skip the line offerings at the park!!!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rob_92 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:18 am

SharkTums wrote:I only hope this leads to more skip the line offerings at the park!!!

Out of interest, why would you hope for this?

It goes completely against the philosophy of the park and the Mack family, and operations are some of the best in the world so the queues are never slow moving anyway. Paid fastrack would have an impact on the main queue lines, this is not something the park want. Also on busy days they need as many people in queue lines as possible as the park would not be able to cope with more people on the narrow pathways and in the restaurants/shops.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 am

rob_92 wrote:Out of interest, why would you hope for this?

When I am flying across the world to visit a park and I have a limited amount of time, I want to spend that time RIDING not standing in line watching other people ride.

The lines move fast, yes, but I've stood in plenty of "fast moving hour long lines" and Europa and as much as I love the park, I would have a much better visit if I didn't waste so much time standing in lines.

It doesn't have to be a "paid" service. Disney has done just fine with their system being free and fair for over a decade now...
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:40 am

^THAT!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!