Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 69 - Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue 40th Anniversary Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby RoCo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Haven't paid too much attention to the development of this new hotel option, but it looks dynamite! And that "Surf on Surf Burger" sounds SO GOOD.
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby amy_mel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:19 pm

HighRoller wrote:
amy_mel wrote:
gisco wrote:
amy_mel wrote:I swear I read somewhere on here that rooms were going for $400 a night though. Not much of a value if that's the case.

I checked a couple of dates and I did find that a single night on a Saturday in late July was $345. I also went farther out on a weekday in October and it was $105 for one night. Might have something to do with being new and so many people want to stay there they can get away with it for a few months.

I just have a hard time swallowing that price, even for a new resort, when I can take my family in August and get 2 rooms to accommodate all 8 of us at Port Orleans and not spend $400 per night. I am a huge Disney fan and love going to Disney World but I think I will wait a while before trying this resort.

Please bear in mind that the $345 price is for the Family suite, sleeping 6. A Standard room, sleeping 4 would only be $139 for the same nights. Of course, the only Standard Rooms will be in the Little Mermaid section (the last to open) and will be unavailable this august. The $105 in october is a standard room rate (not family suite - that would be $265 the same night)

I totally get what you're saying. It comes out to just under $2000 for 2 standard rooms. I still get a better deal through my travel agent at Port Orleans. I'm sure every resort has this period right after they open. I am just taken a little off guard by exactly how high the rates are. It is a beautiful resort and if those rooms were the only ones available I would pay the rate because I would rather be at Disney than sit at home.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 am

Yeah, after looking at some pricing for this place last night it's hard to get a real good idea of what the room prices are. I priced a room for a Saturday night in July and it was over $400 a night, which just seems way over priced to me. I get the whole it's new and all the nerds will spend whatever price we put on it, but personally I wouldn't drop that kind of cash for a room here. I'd like to see these rooms priced somewhere above the Pop Century/ All Star Sports Resorts and below Port Orleans/Caribbean Beach, the high end of value, if you will.

Also, something I just noticed, but the rfid room keys are really cool. I'd expect to see that system start popping up all around property if it works well at Art of Animation.

Postby Wes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:16 am

^ But again, if you're pricing a room for July, you're pricing for a suite since the standard rooms don't open til later.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Bothepro24 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 pm

June,July and August you will pay high prices. Not quite Christmas week or Thanksgiving weekend, but this is the busiest time of year for Disney, no school in session anywhere so they are packed, but there is no one from South America in the parks, they are in school.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/get-swept-away-with-caribbean-food-music-at-disneys-typhoon-lagoon-water-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Guests visiting Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park this summer are in for some Caribbean fun with the additions of new food and music and the return of a popular character meet-and-greet opportunity.

The Calypso band Tropicals will perform Caribbean steel drum music at the park each Friday to Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through July 15. Disney characters Lilo and Stitch will also be available for meet-and-greets at the High N’ Dry sundries shop through September 8, and guests looking for summer fare beyond the regular park offerings may also visit Tropicalamity, a temporary food and beverage tent that offers chicken jerk pita wraps, citrus chicken salads, hot meatball subs and cold Italian subs.

Guests staying at a Disney resort can also take advantage of extended hours at both Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park throughout the summer. Check with your Disney resort for extra hour days and times.

gsa908715LARGE.jpg
Viewed 893 times

tlw012012LARGE.jpg
Viewed 893 times

tlw220120LARGE.jpg
Viewed 893 times

tlw330300LARGE.jpg
Viewed 893 times

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/more/tony-horton-fitness-weekend

Train with Tony Horton in the middle of the magic!

Train with ME personally!

Get up, get out, and get it going to the Tony Horton Fitness Weekend at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, Florida. It's a great opportunity to train with me in person during a fitness-packed, challenge-loaded, and fun-filled, four-day, three-night weekend in the middle of all the Disney magic.

Tony Horton VIP Workouts and More

Bring it! I'll help you take your training to the next level with a series of five VIP group workouts lead by me personally that'll take us across the Walt Disney World® Resort – from the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Disney's Hollywood Studios. And we'll celebrate your accomplishments with a closing ceremony banquet at Epcot®. Talk about bragging rights with your workout buddies!

The Best Fitness Weekend Ever!

Check out what's in store for you this weekend! Your Tony Horton Fitness Package includes:
  • 3-night stay at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Up to 5 VIP Tony Horton led group workouts, special guests, and activities across Walt Disney World® Resort and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
  • 8 planned meals for fitness participants including the closing ceremony banquet at Epcot®
  • Private group, round-trip bus transportation from Disney's Coronado Springs Resort to all Weekend activities
  • Complimentary airport transportation on Disney's Magical Express
  • Special commemorative gift
Be a part of this incredible fitness experience for only $2,100 (tax included, see complete package terms and conditions at registration).

Let's Go Face to Face with Fitness!

Let's go face to face and take fitness to the next level in the most magical place on earth, the Walt Disney World® Resort. Reserve your spot today for the Tony Horton Fitness Weekend, September 6-9, 2012. Don't just do it. Do it Now!
Screen Shot 2012-06-28 at 7.26.55 PM.jpg
Viewed 893 times
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby grimby » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Man i would love to go up there for that. This is exactly the kind of thing that will increase the Disney "markey share".
Long overdue :mickey: !

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/d-tech-me-to-offer-disney-princess-figurines-at-world-of-disney-in-walt-disney-world-resort-for-a-limited-time/

dtm111022LARGE.jpg
Viewed 762 times
A few months ago, we launched our new D-Tech Me experience as part of Star Wars Weekends 2012. You may remember how guests were “frozen” in carbonite at the Carbon-Freezing Chamber in Disney’s Hollywood Studios using state-of-the-art imaging and printing technology. I’m excited to share that D-Tech Me is expanding starting August 26 at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace. This new interactive experience will allow guests ages 3-12 to live out princess dreams by placing their likeness on a three-dimensional 7-inch Disney Princess figurine keepsake!

dtm222011LARGE.jpg
Viewed 762 times

During this 10-minute experience, several cameras will instantly capture multiple angles of a guest’s face which are reconstructed in a computer for processing. The “princess in waiting” can choose one of seven different Disney Princesses including Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White and Tiana. Hair, skin and eye color of the figurine are customized to match the guest. A Princess silver link necklace with choice of colored gem charm is also included for participants.

dtm333130LARGE.jpg
Viewed 762 times

The completed figurine is then shipped directly to the guest’s home within five to six weeks.

Each seven-inch Princess figurine is $99.95 (plus $15.95 shipping. Canadian and International shipping begins at $75.00). Guests can order additional replica seven-inch figurines for $74.95 each or a three-inch replica for $39.95. No discounts will be offered.

dtm444131LARGE.jpg
Viewed 762 times

Reservations are strongly recommended for this limited time experience and can be made by calling 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324) starting August 7, 2012.

Please note: Guests must be between 3-12 years of age to participate. Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. No-shows or in the event a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled experience will result in such credit card being charged a $25 cancellation fee. The experience, due to its personalized nature is non-refundable and not eligible for an exchange. Certain restrictions apply. All prices, components and information are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Take pictures of my feet

Postby nay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:21 pm

That is so creepy!! Adam, when are you going?

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeeird.

I dont know how this will go over with people, but I cant wait and see, lol.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!