Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 121: City Works Eatery & Pour House at Disney Springs
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:00 am

If there is one thing I wish that people could see more of, it is the behind the scenes juggernaut that is the well-oiled machine that puts together everything you see at Walt Disney World. Thanks to several of the Adventures by Disney backstage tours that are offered around the WDW resort, you can get to see some of these things, and trust me, they are AMAZING! We were recently invited out to check out some of the highlights of the upcoming holiday tours along with a preview of what is up and coming this holiday season.

During the holiday period Adventures by Disney offers two backstage tours that will WOW you! The "Holiday D-Lights" is a six hour tour that will take you behind the scenes of how the parks are decorated for Christmas and a look at some of other holiday offerings around the resort. This includes getting to see how the lights are put on Cinderella Castle, a walk through the enormous warehouse that contains all the holiday props used at Walt Disney World (It's amazing!), an inside look at the fireworks used in Holiday Illuminations (literally you get to look inside the fireworks!), and get to see how the Candlelight Processional show is put together and listen into the stage techs working as the show unfolds live in front of you.

The "Yuletide Fantasy" tour is a three and half hour tour where you'll get an inside look at how many of the floral arrangements you see around the resort are put together, and you'll even get to make your own holiday treat!

Both tours will give you exclusive keepsakes to take home with you!

More information on these limited tours are available here:
Holiday D-Lights Tour: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/holiday-d-lights/

Yuletide Fantasy Tour: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/yuletide-fantasy/

Since most of the tour takes place backstage, we were unable to take many photos, but we do have a few to share with you...

DSCN8484.JPG
Here's where you get to see how the castle Christmas lights are done! And the warehouse you can get a glimpse of behind me is just full of thousands of interesting props and familiar scenes that you will see all over the parks! This is only one small "snapshot" of what this section of the tour includes.

DSCN8508.JPG
If holiday decorations are your thing, seriously you will be amazing by everything you will see in this warehouse!

DSCN8533.JPG
Inside this building is where you'll get to see floral arrangements being made that are used throughout the parks. Not only did the building smell wonderful, it was so interesting to see how all this creativity comes together.

IMG_7542.JPG
As part of the Yuletide Fantasy tour, you will head over to Disney Springs for some festive decorating at Amorette's!

IMG_7575.JPG
Hey look! I made something! :lol:

DSCN8577.JPG
As you can see this takes a LOT of concentration!

IMG_7592.JPG
Even me, who has ZERO artistic talent at all, made something fun and cool! When this tour takes place in December, you'll get to decorate a Gingerbread Man!

IMG_7619.JPG
Here's a look at the exclusive pin you get for doing the tour!

IMG_7535.JPG
We were also given some other fun little keepsakes throughout the tour!

But what about the rest of Holidays around the Walt Disney World Resort?

1104ZT_0472DR.jpg
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! will be back at Hollywood Studios!

IMG_7648.JPG
During the presentation, we were told that the Tower of Terror projection show will be adding new this year... get ready for it... LASERS!!!! (Thanks Laser Dave!) :lol:

1105ZU_1177KP.jpg
Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration (one of my all-time favorite shows at the resort) will be back at Magic Kingdom during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

IMG_7683.JPG
We got to check out some new merchandise! Check out how awesome Chip n Dale look hanging out in that new Dooney and Bourke holiday bag!

IMG_7695.JPG
That hat is FABULOUS!!!

IMG_7704.JPG
Love the Ugly Sweater pin collection! Especially the Baymax pin!

IMG_7718.JPG
And don't forget that sleigh rides will be back in 2018 at Fort Wilderness campground!

34970257-BB8A-4AF2-95DC-49F38761E77D.jpeg

It was a great day getting to experience these tours along with learning about what we can look forward to this holiday season at Walt Disney World! Hope to see some of you at the parks this December!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59 am

This tour looks like a great time! Thank you for sharing.

A few years ago, there was a show (I believe it was on the travel channel) about all that goes into the Christmas decorations at Disneyworld. They had some footage of the wearhouse and the full time staff on hand all year that work on the decorations. It was really interesting, and always thought it would be fun to tour this area.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:49 pm

These are so cool!!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:53 pm

omg The Ugly Sweater Pins RAAAAAAAWK!

:airtime: :mickey: :airtimer:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:58 am

The Edison has sent us a notice about their upcoming event, "A Gatsby Evening at The Edison" taking place next month!

Join us for a roarin’ good time at The Edison's lavish Gatsby affair on Sunday, September 2. Celebrate Labor Day at Disney Springs by getting all dolled up in your best flapper attire, jazzed up in your 1920s style suits, and get ready to dance the night away in style. From the moment you step on the red carpet and enter the opulent party setting, be prepared to be entertained. From flair-tenders serving swanky spirits, flying aerial champagne performers, burlesque dancers, cigar rollers, a live band, stilt-walkers and more, you will be dazzled till the end. Sip complimentary bubbles of Moet Champagne and enjoy The Edison's full food & beverage menu for purchase. Doors Open at 7:30 p.m. Purchase your tickets here: https://bit.ly/2OSK9SF
image001 (1).png
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:31 am

Just a reminder, there are still tickets available for "A Gatsby Evening at The Edison" taking place this Sunday at The Edison at Disney Springs! Purchase your tickets here: https://bit.ly/2OSK9SF
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 11.29.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 11.29.56 AM.png
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby coasterbill » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:09 am

While not related to the park itself, this is huge news for anyone in the eastern half of the United States who’s traveling to Orlando. We broke down and bought a SunPass last year because of how obnoxious the rental car toll plan fees are and how ridiculous it is to pay cash for tolls the 21st century. Now you can just bring your EZ-Pass down to Orlando and use that.

EZ Pass Now Accepted in Central Florida

Postby thrillrider » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:06 am

coasterbill wrote:While not related to the park itself, this is huge news for anyone in the eastern half of the United States who’s traveling to Orlando. We broke down and bought a SunPass last year because of how obnoxious the rental car toll plan fees are and how ridiculous it is to pay cash for tolls the 21st century. Now you can just bring your EZ-Pass down to Orlando and use that.

Thanks for that info on the EZ pass. I would never had known.
We just purchased a new car, and forgot to remove our sun pass from the car(it was hidden behind the rear view mirror). We just depleted the balance on it during our last trip down there this summer.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:42 pm

coasterbill wrote:While not related to the park itself, this is huge news for anyone in the eastern half of the United States who’s traveling to Orlando. We broke down and bought a SunPass last year because of how obnoxious the rental car toll plan fees are and how ridiculous it is to pay cash for tolls the 21st century. Now you can just bring your EZ-Pass down to Orlando and use that.

Keep in mind that this is only on Central Florida Expressway Authority routes, or, any route with a YELLOW toll road font above the number. Green-colored toll roads, including Florida's Turnpike, still require SunPass (or will toll you by your plate). Thankfully, the majority of Orlando toll roads are the yellow ones, except, annoyingly, the stretch of the Beachline Expressway (Route 528) that intersects Orange Blossom Trail, John Young Parkway, Universal Boulevard, International Drive, and Interstate 4.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:27 pm

ok, a friend posted this on FB, and it made me laugh out loud (and now I'm singing it in my head). . so wanted to share :)
41518519_2106612016024427_606925913111658496_n.jpg
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!