Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 121: World of Disney Store Grand Re-Opening!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Oh my. Fish and Chips. :lover: I'd like three of those, please? :wink:

Looks like it will be a great weekend of stuff to see and hear, eat and drink.
Thanks for sharing the visit, Adam.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:55 pm

That food looks amazing! Especially the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do!

Postby bert425 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:42 am

ok, the salmon on soda bread looks amazing!

as does the Gnocchi.. what kind of seafood is in there? I was expecting shrimp, but based on color looks like more salmon?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:11 am

Raglan Road looks really great. There have been several reports from Disney Springs now that have been amazing. Seems like the renovations are a hit.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby gearbm95 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:02 am

Who cares about the parking fees? Ive been to Disney probably 10-12 times in the past 20 yrs and have never stayed on resort and never once regretted the decision

For the price you pay at a Disney resort you can stay at MUCH nicer resorts in the Orlando area, this is especially nice if you're looking to escape the cultural sterilization of the Haus of Mouse and looking to find some adult nightlife, bars, restaurants, etc.

Disclaimer, I'm not a Disney freak or one of those "Disney Adults" but I do enjoy a couple days at the parks while in Orlando, and never saw the value of staying on property. Being cattle called is such a turn off and the resort transportation never appealed to myself as a value. I'm sure its a different story for those of you with kids or feel the need for mickey pancakes.

PS. The Ritz Carlton and Waldorf Astoria Orlando still offer free parking, and they're much more suited for an adult trip!

Postby jray21 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:32 am

bert425 wrote:ok, the salmon on soda bread looks amazing!

as does the Gnocchi.. what kind of seafood is in there? I was expecting shrimp, but based on color looks like more salmon?

I looked up the menu and the entire menu looks amazing. Here's the description of if:

Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do
Handmade potato gnocchi, seared Georges Bank scallops, crispy pork belly, tomatoes and kale in a white wine butter sauce

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:45 am

gearbm95 wrote:Who cares about the parking fees? Ive been to Disney probably 10-12 times in the past 20 yrs and have never stayed on resort and never once regretted the decision

For the price you pay at a Disney resort you can stay at MUCH nicer resorts in the Orlando area, this is especially nice if you're looking to escape the cultural sterilization of the Haus of Mouse and looking to find some adult nightlife, bars, restaurants, etc.

Disclaimer, I'm not a Disney freak or one of those "Disney Adults" but I do enjoy a couple days at the parks while in Orlando, and never saw the value of staying on property. Being cattle called is such a turn off and the resort transportation never appealed to myself as a value. I'm sure its a different story for those of you with kids or feel the need for mickey pancakes.

PS. The Ritz Carlton and Waldorf Astoria Orlando still offer free parking, and they're much more suited for an adult trip!

I would love to go point by point and explain how insanely stupid and obnoxious your entire post is, but I don't think you are intelligent enough to even understand, so instead I'll just go with one of my favorite GIFs...

Actually, no, I will say this...

What I find ironic about your post is how a couple of years ago you made a post about how you were bashed at Cedar Point for your likes, beliefs and way of life. Now you are doing the EXACT SAME THING and being super rude and obnoxious towards those who enjoy Disney and like to stay at the Disney resorts. Maybe next time before you go berating a group of people for how they choose to enjoy life, you'll think twice about being so rude towards them.

You could have made your same points without being such a complete rude condescending jerk towards Disney fans, but **YOU CHOSE** to go that route. And you remember how upset you were when other people chose to use words that bashed you? Yeah, you're doing the same as those people.

Postby bert425 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:53 am

jray21 wrote:
bert425 wrote:ok, the salmon on soda bread looks amazing!

I looked up the menu and the entire menu looks amazing. Here's the description of if:

Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do
Handmade potato gnocchi, seared Georges Bank scallops, crispy pork belly, tomatoes and kale in a white wine butter sauce

oo.. potato and scallops?

that sounds wonderful!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:21 am

Raglan Road is my favorite place to eat (so far) at Disney Springs. I always get the Nom Nom Wings!

gearbm95 wrote:I'm sure its a different story for those of you with kids or feel the need for mickey pancakes.

Mickey WAFFLES. Don't get them confused. ;)
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:15 pm

^
hesrightyouknow.jpg
G_01MickeyWaffles_TDL.jpg
Mickey Waffles are NOT pancakes! (o; TPR 2007 Japan Tour. Peter and Mike, about to dig in at TDL.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!