TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ultimate European Theme Parks Awards

Hi there !

My name is François Mayné, i'm 22 and i'm coming from Belgium. My first language is french, so my english isn't perfect, please excuse me in advance With the agreement of Robb (thanks to him !), i open this topic to present you the Ultimate European Theme Parks Awards.

The Ultimate European Theme Parks Awards is a project created by different european enthusiasts in 2003. There was at that time many surveys of all kinds on the Web from many theme park enthousiasts (among which Coaster Poll and the Screamscape Ultimate Awards) but none were really devoted to the European parks. Our idea was then to create a great annual survey available in the majority of the most spoken languages in Europe and dedicated only to the Europeans parks.

Now, we are launching the third UETPA Edition ! The poll is presented in 6 languages (english, french, german, dutch, spanish and italian) and you can vote for 26 Awards in 5 categories (New for 2004, Attractions, Shows and Events, Parks and Various)

So, i invite you to participate to the UETPA, even if you aren't coming from Europe, i believe that your amusement culture is important, and that you can answer for each Awards, in fact, all enthusiasts are welcome, from everywhere in the world !

The link is: http://www.uetpa.com

(you have to accept cookies if it doesn't work)

You will also find on our websites the past complete results, some pictures of prize winners, presentations, Honour List, etc.

Voting will end on Sunday March 13th 2005 !

And to make something more interesting that "just a post", here some commentaries on my vote (i hope you will explain too your choices and argue them )

I really enjoyed 2004 novelties, Bobbejaanland, Toverland,... my favourite new rides are Sledge Hammer (the Giant Frisbee Huss) and Kotti Coaster from Wild und- Freitzeitpark Klotten in Germany. This bobsled coaster of Gerstlauer is incredible, small but really interesting with turns and airtimes. My favourite steel rollercoaster is... Expedition Ge Force (i really want to compare it with giant american coasters, it will be for later ), Tonnerre de Zeus as best Wooden Coaster, Winja's Fear and Winja's Force for best family coaster (it's a really cool rollercoaster, i advice you to ride it if you come in Germany).

As best Thrill Ride, i vote for The Wild Bunch (now "High Fall"), the Intamin drop tower of Movie Park Germany, River Quest (Phantasialand) as best Water Ride, Challenge of Tutankhamon as best Dark Ride (even if i really love DR like Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean or Droomvlucht), Templo del Fuego (fantastic !) as best Special Effects Attraction and Big Thunder Mountain as best themed attraction. There's also an Award about the ride's music, i vote for Villa Volta (Efteling), Efteling have a big number of great musics for its rides (Droomvlucht, Vogel Rok, Fata Morgana, etc.)

About shows: "Main Basse sur la Joconde" from Parc Astérix and "Fantillusion" from Disneyland Park, and my favourite event in 2004 was the Halloween Season of Port Aventura (to do again in 2005 )

The parks: i like Port Aventura, Disneyland Park, Phantasialand and Europa Park, and Nigloland for the "small park", it's a french park very nice For example, i vote for Port Aventura for Food Services and Merchanding, Disneyland for best crew, Europa Park for best Space / Cleanliness, etc. I don't vote for english amusement parks, because i have to do them in 2005, i don't know how they are

Thanks a lot, happy 2005 season !

François 8)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the forum! Your english is great! This looks really interesting, can I vote even though I haven't been to too many European parks?

Hopefully we'll meet up when we're in Belgium this June!

Elissa "Expedition Ge Force is the best steel coaster in Europe, North America, and Japan!" Alvey

Hi Elissa (Oh ! Godess amongst the coaster-fans ! - If I may -).

Thanks to Master Robb to let us comunicate on your forum about our 3rd edition of the UETPA (yeah we call them like that... we think that sounds weird enough to be cool)

I am a friend of Francois, I have an unpronouncable first name ('Ambroise',just try it, so call me Amby) and I am implied in this project since 2nd edition. This year my title ranks as "general coordinator" yet it would be too selfish to consider that I deserve half the credit for these awards, the people behind them are actualy great and the job they do is incredible. Let's just consider me as part of the team.

I can't beleive you of all people consider "you haven't been to too many European parks". Honestly, having seen the pictures of your trip back in 2001 (or was it 2002? Sorry haven't bought the DVD yet... a shame I know) I can assure you that a lot of European voters would love to have your experience (and only the European part of it)

Next to what you may have ridden, there is all you have heard about. And I am sure a lot of members of this forum have at least heard a bit of what's going on in Europe. Here the laws generaly implies height and noise restriction, but I think the old continent has mastered the "smaller and funnier" part of this industry.

These awards are not only about novelties so nobody should hesitate to register and vote, even if one cannot fill all the boxes. Every vote counts and avery ride is to be considered.

(Just to show off a bit I'd add that we have a better coaster-per square mile ration here in Europe than you have in the US Okay you have come record breakers but guess who built them ? Aha ! 8) )

And don't even consider visiting Belgium without contacting us first

Cheers!

Amby

Hi Elissa !

Thanks for your answer ! Glad to know that EGF is still the best rollercoaster you have done When i'm thinking that they are lots of european enthousiasts who always say "We do'nt have good rides in Europe, look at America, they have fantastic rides", i believe they are wrong about Expedition Ge Force

As Amby says, you can of course vote for UETPA 2004 You know... even some europeans didn't go in more than 3 parks in their live, or ride more than 10 rollercoasters, so i believe you have a better knowledges of european theme parks than some europeans

About news in 2004, i have written in my first post that i really enjoyed my ride on Klotti Coaster (Wild und- Freitzeitpark Klotten), here are some pictures about it: Klotti Coaster Gallery

See you!

edit: oops, sorry for the pictures size, i will change it tonight!

Img_5205.thumb.jpg.0dd63c1b31b26b8b437f6563dffdcaf1.jpg

Spiral on Klotti Coaster (Wild- und Freitzeitpark Klotten, Germany)

Img_5259.thumb.jpg.7e2057096a6638d3466701326e2e637c.jpg

General view of Klotti Coaster (Wild- und Freitzeitpark Klotten, Germany)

Both layouts aren't really the same (G'sengte Sau is different) but similar with first drop, 180° turns, spirals and camelbacks. The two coasters are very exciting but i prefer Klotti Coaster. What's very interesting in G'sengte Sau is that you have half-layout between walls of a building (typical german style), but it's not indoor (picture: http://www.parkfunworld.be/database/grande_photos/Cochonfou1.JPG.jpg (if you want more pics of G'sengte Sau, click here)

Like Klotti Coaster, there is a series of camelbacks at the end of G'sengte Sau, this is great I prefer Klotti... maybe because of the passages between the big spiral and the camelback is... incredible (airtime without drop ) But G'sengte Sau is also very great (i think Amby likes more it than Klotti, i don't know... Amby ?)

Hope that helps