Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 681 - Wahoo River to replace Castaway Creek in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby steamedturtle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:17 pm

I think there are 3 notable flats: Rodeo, Wonder Woman, and the drop tower. Rodeo is a Huss Break Dance, and it provides some unique sensations.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Highridin wrote:On a Tuesday, it's going to be reride heaven.

Can someone provide some photographic evidence of crowds at this park? I'm being serious.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:24 pm

steamedturtle wrote:I think there are 3 notable flats: Rodeo, Wonder Woman, and the drop tower. Rodeo is a Huss Break Dance, and it provides some unique sensations.

They run one of the worst cycles I've ever ridden on a Rodeo. When it first opened they ran an awesome cycle where your car spun uncontrollably and it ran both ways. It has been tamed down a lot. One of the better ones is at Santa Cruz - awesome themeing - indoors, under the boardwalk with lasers, smoke, and music.

Yes, Wonder Woman is fun but once you've rode the two tallest in the world the rest are pretty mediocre.

The drop tower has a great sensation but I get the same sensation on Drop Tower (KD) and a way better sensation on Demon Drop.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby steamedturtle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:59 pm

That's true about Rodeo. I have fond memories of it from years ago.

And nothing at SFA is going to be even close to the best of its kind, but that doesn't mean it's not notable for someone who is only going to SFA once.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Highridin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:13 pm

boldikus wrote:

Can someone provide some photographic evidence of crowds at this park? I'm being serious.

Lol,next time I go. I'll do it at various locations. Actually has been very crowded lately (overall). I measure by the parking lot.
The top 3: Volcano, Alpengeist, Batman the Ride

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Rayj » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:54 pm

I thought I was the only one who has noticed that rodeo has been tamed down a lot. It used to be my favorite flat ride and would almost make me nauseous, but in a good way. Now it’s almost a glorified tea cup. Coyote creek needs a huge revamp, starting with a raptor replacing minderaser and a new flat ride package :).

Postby alilstronger » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 am

Rayj wrote:I thought I was the only one who has noticed that rodeo has been tamed down a lot. It used to be my favorite flat ride and would almost make me nauseous, but in a good way. Now it’s almost a glorified tea cup. Coyote creek needs a huge revamp, starting with a raptor replacing minderaser and a new flat ride package :).

I miss the ugly all brown Tilt A Whirl!

And I totally agree the whole section needs some new life put into it. It looks run down in a bad way. Love the newer colors on ME, definitely fits better into the western theme. There are quite a bit of stores that never seem crowded/shopped. The river rapids needs an update bad. I always pass on it because I find it boring.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:07 am

Highridin wrote:
boldikus wrote:

Lol,next time I go. I'll do it at various locations. Actually has been very crowded lately (overall). I measure by the parking lot.

Nah I wanna see ride queues. Like more than one switchback filled. I don't think I've ever seen that outdoor queue on Jokers Jinx used. Does Superman get a line past the steps? I need to see this. :lol: :lol:

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:10 am

I've never waited outside of the station for anything in this park other than Ragin' Cajun, and we usually visit during Fright Fest.

Postby alilstronger » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 am

boldikus wrote:
Highridin wrote:
boldikus wrote:

Nah I wanna see ride queues. Like more than one switchback filled. I don't think I've ever seen that outdoor queue on Jokers Jinx used. Does Superman get a line past the steps? I need to see this. :lol: :lol:

Yes, Superman gets long, like back to the first set of switch backs where you enter the line - this usually only happens during Fright Fest at night though and running one train. When Superman first opened the entire queue was full.

Joker's RARELY sees the line come out of the station. I have been there where the entire queue is full in the station - usually during Fright Fest.

Roar can have the the ramp queue full but never spills down into switch backs that are under the shade. Their line queue used to be used for a haunt during FF.

The parking lot can be a negative indicator. As I mentioned before I was just there July 4th and all 3 parking lots were full. However, Every coaster besides ME was a walk on, due to one train operations, if you did not want the front or back row. Actually pretty much everything none water related was a walk on. Now, when you see this in fall when its Fright Fest you know there will be lines because the water park is closed plus a HUGE amount of their guest use the public bus to get to the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!