Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby hoppedup » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:54 pm

^ Which is why I posted about calling. There may be a workaround that isn't listed on the website. Here's what the site had to say about upgrading from season pass to membership:

I have a 2018 Season Pass. Can I replace it with a Membership?

While it is not possible to apply the cost of your 2018 Season Pass to a new Membership, we will for a limited time be able to offer you in-park spending credit more or less equivalent to the purchase price of your 2018 Season Pass in the form of "Six Flags Bucks." Six Flags Bucks can be used to purchase most things in the park including food, merchandise, etc. and will be valid for the rest of the 2018 season.

Until April 20 or within the first 30 days following park opening this spring (whichever is later) we will give you credit close to the purchase price of your 2018 Season Pass. After that we will pro-rate your credit based on the number of times you've visited during 2018.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Highridin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:49 pm

I agree and disagree on Wahoo River. The only disagreement is on thinking it is about the same as last year. It is most definitely longer, AND actually moves along. The amount of effects were pretty pitiful; that is very true. Lol,...I liked the wave generator. Thought it was just enough for the ride. Kind of makes me wonder if they are 'truly' done. I need to go back to the announcement. How many features was it supposed to have?
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Postby Highridin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:50 pm

If anyone is keeping track, MAXX Force and West Coast Racers were trademarked by SF.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:52 pm

I doubt west coast racers is for SFA. Maxx Force is a possibility however. If Roar closes this month maybe that could be the name of it when it opens as an RMC next year :lol: :lol:
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jason Maier » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:13 pm

djackson wrote:I doubt west coast racers is for SFA. Maxx Force is a possibility however. If Roar closes this month maybe that could be the name of it when it opens as an RMC next year :lol: :lol:

Maybe Hell will freeze over and an official announcement will be made that Roar does get RMC'd :)

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:46 pm

I’m possibly going to Six flags America for the first time on July 24th, a Tuesday, and was wondering if 4 hours is enough to experience all the coasters and some of flats, assuming it would not be storming. I would also like to know which rides get the longest lines, and the best seat or row on each coaster. Thank you!
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby steamedturtle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:34 pm

OmnipotentSeal wrote:I’m possibly going to Six flags America for the first time on July 24th, a Tuesday, and was wondering if 4 hours is enough to experience all the coasters and some of flats, assuming it would not be storming. I would also like to know which rides get the longest lines, and the best seat or row on each coaster. Thank you!

Four hours is more than enough time. I would just walk to the back of the park first, ride Batwing, and work your way back. You don't have to worry about lines on a Tuesday. Check out both the back and front on Superman. On Wild One, make sure not to sit on a wheel seat, my favorite is the second to last row.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MisterBrow » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:34 am

steamedturtle wrote:
OmnipotentSeal wrote:I’m possibly going to Six flags America for the first time on July 24th, a Tuesday, and was wondering if 4 hours is enough to experience all the coasters and some of flats, assuming it would not be storming. I would also like to know which rides get the longest lines, and the best seat or row on each coaster. Thank you!

Four hours is more than enough time. I would just walk to the back of the park first, ride Batwing, and work your way back. You don't have to worry about lines on a Tuesday. Check out both the back and front on Superman. On Wild One, make sure not to sit on a wheel seat, my favorite is the second to last row.

You are good with 4 hours. Most of your time could be wasted on food ops which I would skip with a late breakfast and then early dinner. If you are in at opening Superman and Batwing aren't always open. I usually hit the Mardi Gras section first. Ragin Cajin can get backed up later and while it is a pretty damn good ride it is not one I wait for.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:22 am

Keep in mind ME has only been running one train. That was the longest wait mid day coaster wise on 7/4/18. Everything else was a walk on if you do not mind riding in the middle of the train and that was a holiday. RC can get a wait, every time I've been to the park since its debut the queue has been full.

Also, there really are no notable flats. They are pretty much mediocre and run non thrilling cycles.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Highridin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:39 am

On a Tuesday, it's going to be reride heaven. I disagree with there being 'no' notable flats. I'm one who does like the fireball. If you've ridden one of the loops, then nevermind. All of the other flats, you've probably ridden already somewhere else.

Most notable though is the drop tower. I've been on my share of towers. The one at SFA is pretty small in comparison to others, but it provides one of the 'sharpest drop feelings' that I've experienced.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!