Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 681 - Wahoo River to replace Castaway Creek in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:32 am

Rayj wrote:Six Flags as a whole usually doesn’t open their new attractions until Memorial Day weekend or afterwards because they want their customers to keep coming back. Also, I know for a fact most of the gp realizes this park is mediocre and I hear at least one comparison to another park each visit. They may not know that they’re 13+ Six Flags parks, but they know of KD and other superior surrounding parks.i always hear “these rider always break down” “intimidator is better than superman”. I’ve even seen a tweet stating, “don’t you guys get tired of riding the same rides over and over again”. The GP is well aware that the park needs a new coaster and can get boring quickly, but they tolerate it since it’s the closest park to them. If KD was only 30 mins away, SFA would have turned into Darien Lake or Kentucky kingdom.

There is no validity to this. I have heard the same things about Holiday World, Disney parks, Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Cedar Point, Knoebels.... some of the most respected parks in the nation. Hearing people say them things does not validate your points. Its principle they say they are going to have a new ride for a new season it should be ready for opening day unless of course something goes wrong during the building process.

Not sure what you mean by "turned into Dairen Lake or Kentucky Kingdom" but I have been to both parks and both are actually really nice. Both parks are well taken care of. They may not have the biggest baddest rides but they are fun and have the same issues that most mid level parks have. I have recently made the point that Dairen Lake is a really well rounded park - they have decent coasters, they keep the grounds very clean, the gardens are well maintained, they have one of the biggest camp grounds in the nation, they have a hotel on property, and they have the 30,000 seat Live Nation arena. A lot of this is the same for Kentucky Kingdom - they have a well rounded coaster collection, especially with the addition of the RMC woodie and Lightning Run - both are great coasters, they keep the grounds well maintained, and the overall public view of the park has changed dramatically over the years, especially within the enthusiast community. They have been able to break away from the stigma of the accident that happened their that was hugely publicized.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby CoasterLover » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:02 pm

Rayj wrote:If KD was only 30 mins away, SFA would have turned into Darien Lake or Kentucky kingdom.

I dunno, that might not be so bad... the coasters Kentucky Kingdom has added over the past 5 years would have made SFA substantially better...

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:56 pm

^ Totally agree! I had a blast at Kentucky Kingdom. Great coasters with an awesome flat ride line up.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Rayj » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:00 pm

CoasterLover wrote:
Rayj wrote:If KD was only 30 mins away, SFA would have turned into Darien Lake or Kentucky kingdom.

I dunno, that might not be so bad... the coasters Kentucky Kingdom has added over the past 5 years would have made SFA substantially better...

Sorry let me clarify, what I meant is that it could have possibly been sold to another company and be in the same state as Darien Lake or would have closed for a bit like Kentucky Kingdom. Currently Kentucky Kingdom is the better park with lighting run and storm chaser alone lol.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Highridin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:12 am

SLCHeadache wrote:
alilstronger wrote:
Highridin wrote:Check this out. If anyone is on the page, Amusement Park Enthusiasts, find this post:

'Tonight, I am heading to Cincinnati to Kings Island, Tuesday will be Cedar Point, Wednesday will be Dorneypark & Six Flags Great Adventure, ThursdayCarowinds,Friday Six Flags America & Kings Dominion, Saturday Six Flags Great America, Sunday,possibly Valleyfair, Monday Six Flags St Louis. And I am driving to all those theme parks.'

When you see his route, you'll say, no way! The post has many comments.

It does sound unrealistic but if the person is flying between parks then its completely doable. All of these parks are within a few hours of a national airport.

But it says he's driving...I bolded that in his quote.

Even if he was flying, Dorney/Gadv and SFA/KD are not doable in one day. SFA/KD means I-95 traffic at the very least.

He was able to get all of the parks up until Thursday. Traffic wasn't an issue. He threw in the towel after SFA and KD. Said finances were running low, and some other issue. I got to meet him, at least.
The top 3: Volcano, Alpengeist, Batman the Ride

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby steamedturtle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 am

Here's an update from the park's instagram. I can't believe how they late they got started on this. Just kidding, I can believe it.

https://instagram.com/p/Bj5inXCFtqJ/

Postby alilstronger » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:29 am

It is looking good honestly. However, I am not surprised they got to this late. They never have anything ready at the beginning of a season. Once its open I am sure it will be beautiful. The catch is will they keep up with all of the effects of the ride - water features, water falls, etc. We have seen all around the park how they do not keep up with a lot of the rides features. They water fall on PBR barely works and one whole penguin is gone. Last time I rode the river rapids a whole water fall was not even turned on.

I know its been said so many times but I was every time I go to Morey's and Six Flags New England I can't help but think how much I want this park to get the new trains on Mind Eraser. They make it a completely different ride for the better.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby teacherkim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 am

Well, they are supposed to have it available for ert at CoasterCon on Sunday. Will be interesting to see if they make it. The new slide here, at SFStl, Typhoon Twister has still not opened either. It was listed on the web site initially as coming in May and now just says opening soon. Maybe by the 4th of July :roll:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 am

alilstronger wrote:It is looking good honestly. However, I am not surprised they got to this late. They never have anything ready at the beginning of a season. Once its open I am sure it will be beautiful. The catch is will they keep up with all of the effects of the ride - water features, water falls, etc. We have seen all around the park how they do not keep up with a lot of the rides features. They water fall on PBR barely works and one whole penguin is gone. Last time I rode the river rapids a whole water fall was not even turned on.

I know its been said so many times but I was every time I go to Morey's and Six Flags New England I can't help but think how much I want this park to get the new trains on Mind Eraser. They make it a completely different ride for the better.

I've also noticed that Mind Eraser at SFA only has one train now.

And if I had a poop load of money . . . . I'd buy new trains for the ride; or go the Morey's route and do a re-tracking.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:42 pm

^I would go the "large bulldozer" route :lol: :lol: :lol:
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Coaster Count: 113

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!