Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 757 - Apocalypse closes September 8th
Users viewing this topic: EthanM, KI Kidd, Rayj and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby Highridin » Tue May 29, 2018 8:19 pm

JG-77 wrote:^ It’s Memorial Day, longer lines are to be expected.

Anyway I went today as well and had a nice time. The park was quite crowded (nearly the whole parking lot was being used), but lines never exceeded 20-30min for any of the coasters I rode. Everything was running two trains, and I can confirm that Batwing was running both trains on both sides. Operations were surprisingly good for SFA standards on many of the coasters. At Roar, the two people checking the restrains literally racing each other to see who could complete their side the fastest, so that line moved at a pretty good pace, though they were doing it so fast I wasn't sure if they actually pulled up on all the restraints and the seatbelts to ensure they were locked.

I finally got a front row ride on S:ROS, and while I was only able to go once: Wow! Everyone who said that ride is best in the front is absolutely right. The view is great and the sensation of speed is incredible! Also I actually got some mild air going up the first hill, which I’ve never really gotten. I would’ve liked to ride more, but the line grew quickly, and we had other coasters to ride.

Also, I got my first 2nd-to-back row on Wild One and it was great! Solid floater and even some moments approaching flejector sort of air! I preferred it to my 2nd row ride I got ~2 months ago, though on my previous ride the cold and the fact that it was very early in the season may have factored into me liking my recent ride more.

Overall I had a fun time at Six Flags America, and look forward to visiting in the future :b

Ride Count:
Wild One: 2
JJ: 2
S:ROS: 1
Batwing: 1
Roar: 1

Excellent. Hopefully you'll have the chance to get a couple of flats in next time. I was over in the waterpark.
The top 3: Volcano, Alpengeist, Batman the Ride

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed May 30, 2018 7:26 am

Highridin wrote:Check this out. If anyone is on the page, Amusement Park Enthusiasts, find this post:

'Tonight, I am heading to Cincinnati to Kings Island, Tuesday will be Cedar Point, Wednesday will be Dorneypark & Six Flags Great Adventure, ThursdayCarowinds,Friday Six Flags America & Kings Dominion, Saturday Six Flags Great America, Sunday,possibly Valleyfair, Monday Six Flags St Louis. And I am driving to all those theme parks.'

When you see his route, you'll say, no way! The post has many comments.

It does sound unrealistic but if the person is flying between parks then its completely doable. All of these parks are within a few hours of a national airport.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby SLCHeadache » Wed May 30, 2018 7:58 am

alilstronger wrote:
Highridin wrote:Check this out. If anyone is on the page, Amusement Park Enthusiasts, find this post:

'Tonight, I am heading to Cincinnati to Kings Island, Tuesday will be Cedar Point, Wednesday will be Dorneypark & Six Flags Great Adventure, ThursdayCarowinds,Friday Six Flags America & Kings Dominion, Saturday Six Flags Great America, Sunday,possibly Valleyfair, Monday Six Flags St Louis. And I am driving to all those theme parks.'

When you see his route, you'll say, no way! The post has many comments.

It does sound unrealistic but if the person is flying between parks then its completely doable. All of these parks are within a few hours of a national airport.

But it says he's driving...I bolded that in his quote.

Even if he was flying, Dorney/Gadv and SFA/KD are not doable in one day. SFA/KD means I-95 traffic at the very least.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Postby alilstronger » Wed May 30, 2018 11:23 am

Has anyone been to the park this week to see if the improved lazy river is open?
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby CoasterLover » Wed May 30, 2018 12:34 pm

alilstronger wrote:Has anyone been to the park this week to see if the improved lazy river is open?

Wasn't at the park personally, but I'm hearing that Wahoo River is not yet open. I believe they are shooting to have it open by Coaster Con 41 (June 17th).

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Wed May 30, 2018 5:47 pm

While I was at the park, I was able to get a quick peek at the site and it looks as though they're a little ways to go from completion. It's definitely not opening within the next week and a half though.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby teacherkim » Thu May 31, 2018 6:33 am

There is supposed to be a dinner at the water park with ert on the new Wahoo River on the first night of Coaster Con, June 17th.

Postby alilstronger » Thu May 31, 2018 12:02 pm

I hate how Six Flags in general can't seem to get their rides up and ready when a new season starts. So many other parks across the world seem to usually have their rides ready to go opening day of their dry and/or water parks.

Postby SLCHeadache » Thu May 31, 2018 12:26 pm

alilstronger wrote:I hate how Six Flags in general can't seem to get their rides up and ready when a new season starts. So many other parks across the world seem to usually have their rides ready to go opening day of their dry and/or water parks.

Tell me about it, I rode Valleyfair's StarFlyer (last Memorial Day weekend) while Six Flags America's was still in pieces in the boneyard.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Postby Rayj » Thu May 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Six Flags as a whole usually doesn’t open their new attractions until Memorial Day weekend or afterwards because they want their customers to keep coming back. Also, I know for a fact most of the gp realizes this park is mediocre and I hear at least one comparison to another park each visit. They may not know that they’re 13+ Six Flags parks, but they know of KD and other superior surrounding parks.i always hear “these rider always break down” “intimidator is better than superman”. I’ve even seen a tweet stating, “don’t you guys get tired of riding the same rides over and over again”. The GP is well aware that the park needs a new coaster and can get boring quickly, but they tolerate it since it’s the closest park to them. If KD was only 30 mins away, SFA would have turned into Darien Lake or Kentucky kingdom.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!