Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 681 - Wahoo River to replace Castaway Creek in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:43 am

Vonni wrote:You know its the SFA thread when it is stated that a tunnel over a lift hill, and Superman symbols to fly through on a ride are considered "great improvements" :lmao:

:lol: :lol: :nina:
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:34 am

boldikus wrote:
Vonni wrote:You know its the SFA thread when it is stated that a tunnel over a lift hill, and Superman symbols to fly through on a ride are considered "great improvements" :lmao:

:lol: :lol: :nina:

Planting a single tree would be considered a "great improvement."
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Postby Highridin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:26 pm

Cue the music
3935280-Stylized-violin-and-bow-isolated-on-a-white-background--Stock-Vector.jpg
The top 3: Volcano, Alpengeist, Batman the Ride

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:36 pm

^ LOL oh please. You know as well of any of us that this park needs trees (and bathrooms, and basic general upkeep) much more than V2, RMC Roar, Justice League, a freaking path between Roar and Superman, or any of the other crackpot fantasies you guys cooked up in here over the last two months. After the announcement this thread deflated faster than a nitrous balloon at a Dead show.

I try not to talk too much sh*t on this park. The park makes it hard. The way I see it, it's close to me, and its free, so I'd love for it to get more love. But the park needs general improvements. Whether its a new updated lazy river, some paint, powerwashing, and especially a couple of trees!
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Postby Highridin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Good news is that we did get paint (thank you HITP), and a lazy river is on the way. :lmao: I for one like the river. If it's going to be anything close to Volcano Bay's, it'll be a blast. Do I believe that something else should have gone with it? Of course. Just glad SFStl type Spinsanity didn't come. Would have been extremely butt hurt. :butt:

I like the sun,...a lot... More sun the better. I hope they keep the trees in the forest. I agree with the bathroom, but can easily hold it the 4 min and 27 seconds it takes to get to the closest one. Lol,...yeah I timed it. Though, speaking objectively, I agree with the trees, as I know everyone is not a beach comber like myself.

Hell, we need a path between Coyote Creek and Superman, with a third entryway to Roar.

You are right. This thread did deflate. There was actually a lot less complaining than I thought though. The disappointment was too much I think. Of course the occasional, 'I'm not renewing my pass" talk kicked in a couple of times. Sometimes I see the same people say that year to year. Everyone is renewing, especially for a measly 50.99.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:08 am

I cracked and got the season pass...

Just can not beat upgrade to gold, parking, lunch/dinner/snack,one free picture, one free skip the line, an extra $50 in discounts and the unlimited refillable cup for only $153.05.

I literally laughed out loud when they customer service rep told me the awesome discount you get for being a 2017 season pass holder was a WHOLE dollar off!

But only because the BF and I are going to head to California so he can finally get to both SF parks and both CF parks out there. I love that I am turning him into an enthusiast slowly but surely lol. Also, the plan is to get back up The Great Escape since its been a long time since I have been there and its nice to go to a SF's park and not have that SF feel while you are there.

I also saw that Flash Pass was only $125 for the entire season. Not bad.... if you actually needed it in this park. Anyone else think if this takes off we'll eventually see a company wide Flash Pass option?

As for the drink option... Can I say how I LOVE that Cedar Fair is now doing a unlimited drink option without needing to carry the annoying cup around.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Highridin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:24 am

How much I would love not to have to tote that cup around.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Location: 2 hours and a border crossing from the nearest theme park, Cedar Point.

Postby TheJewelOfJool » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:37 am

coasterbill wrote:Upon further review, their existing lazy river is the most piss poor excuse for a lazy river in the history of lazy rivers. I never paid much attention before, but god damn, they REALLY needed this.

You walk down stairs to get in it which makes it tough for little kids to get in their tubes and really limits capacity on a ride where capacity should never be an issue, generally you enter a lazy river on a gradual slope (and you will on the new one). Then once you're in the river it's as plain looking as possible, it's incredibly short and there's absolutely nothing going on.

Seriously, this is terrible.

After seeing that, I'm totally on board with this addition. :lol:

Clearly you haven't been to Canada's Wonderland.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby bgtlover » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:50 am

TheJewelOfJool wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Upon further review, their existing lazy river is the most piss poor excuse for a lazy river in the history of lazy rivers. I never paid much attention before, but god damn, they REALLY needed this.

You walk down stairs to get in it which makes it tough for little kids to get in their tubes and really limits capacity on a ride where capacity should never be an issue, generally you enter a lazy river on a gradual slope (and you will on the new one). Then once you're in the river it's as plain looking as possible, it's incredibly short and there's absolutely nothing going on.

Seriously, this is terrible.

After seeing that, I'm totally on board with this addition. :lol:

Clearly you haven't been to Canada's Wonderland.

I can assure you that the one at Canada's Wonderland is better than the one currently at SFA. It's at least 300 feet longer.
SFA:
SFAlazyriver.JPG

CW:
cwlazyriver.JPG

Canada's Wonderland's is also longer then the one at Carowinds.
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:25 pm

I am just glad something is finally being done about the lazy river. Length has nothing to do with if a lazy river is fun or not. Some prefer the ones where you just float around and others enjoy the ones with water effects.

With the hill the runs almost the entire length of the water park next to the parking lot I would love to see a Schlitterbahn type water chute ride added.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!