Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am

Jason Maier wrote:
alilstronger wrote:It is looking good honestly. However, I am not surprised they got to this late. They never have anything ready at the beginning of a season. Once its open I am sure it will be beautiful. The catch is will they keep up with all of the effects of the ride - water features, water falls, etc. We have seen all around the park how they do not keep up with a lot of the rides features. They water fall on PBR barely works and one whole penguin is gone. Last time I rode the river rapids a whole water fall was not even turned on.

I know its been said so many times but I was every time I go to Morey's and Six Flags New England I can't help but think how much I want this park to get the new trains on Mind Eraser. They make it a completely different ride for the better.

I've also noticed that Mind Eraser at SFA only has one train now.

And if I had a poop load of money . . . . I'd buy new trains for the ride; or go the Morey's route and do a re-tracking.

That is interesting. During Fright Fest ME can get quite the line and they usually use both trains. I wonder if one is being refurbished. I hope this doesn't get the boot any time soon. I personally really enjoy SLC's a lot.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby VACoasterdude » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:51 am

Near drowning yesterday at Six Flags America's Hurricane Bay wave pool. The 14 year old is in critical condition.

www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/teen-taken-to-hospital-for-near-drowning-at-six-flags-america

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Highridin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:08 am

alilstronger wrote:
Jason Maier wrote:
alilstronger wrote:It is looking good honestly. However, I am not surprised they got to this late. They never have anything ready at the beginning of a season. Once its open I am sure it will be beautiful. The catch is will they keep up with all of the effects of the ride - water features, water falls, etc. We have seen all around the park how they do not keep up with a lot of the rides features. They water fall on PBR barely works and one whole penguin is gone. Last time I rode the river rapids a whole water fall was not even turned on.

I know its been said so many times but I was every time I go to Morey's and Six Flags New England I can't help but think how much I want this park to get the new trains on Mind Eraser. They make it a completely different ride for the better.

I've also noticed that Mind Eraser at SFA only has one train now.

And if I had a poop load of money . . . . I'd buy new trains for the ride; or go the Morey's route and do a re-tracking.

That is interesting. During Fright Fest ME can get quite the line and they usually use both trains. I wonder if one is being refurbished. I hope this doesn't get the boot any time soon. I personally really enjoy SLC's a lot.

You and me both.
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Rayj » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:43 pm

https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/status/1008811605608497152 Six Flags America making its typical annual healine lol, this time it’s superman.

Postby thrillrider » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Rayj wrote:https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/status/1008811605608497152 Six Flags America making its typical annual healine lol, this time it’s superman.

Must be a slow news day. Safety features worked, and all people were safely evacuated without the need for first responders.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:09 pm

This is ridiculous. The ride's safety features worked as intended. Why is this ne...

(sees what park it is)

... you know what, actually yeah. Maybe for safety reasons they should shut this place down and replace it with a better park. You can never be too careful. :lol:

Postby thrillrider » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:33 pm

They're getting ready to air a story about this on ABC World News Tonight claiming that the coaster is stuck and people are dangling up in the air. :b

Gotta love the media.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby livai » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:01 pm

coasterbill wrote:This is ridiculous. The ride's safety features worked as intended. Why is this ne...

(sees what park it is)

... you know what, actually yeah. Maybe for safety reasons they should shut this place down and replace it with a better park. You can never be too careful. :lol:

you think you're funny, you're actually just ridiculous
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:40 pm

<glances at signature line>

Yeah... in an effort to not start a thing that spirals and makes any unnecessary work for Larry or Robb while he’s on vacation in Japan, I’ll just leave this alone. :lol:

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:16 am

It's sad that the media decided to report this of all the stories they could report about the park. A story about how people are getting their ears bashed in on Mind Eraser.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!