TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Once you ride one Sky Screamer you've rode them all. Especially, since I have been the two tallest in the world. Even though I think this was a great ride to add to the park I wish they would get some more non-traditional flats that area not at parks within 3 hours.

Aren't they getting SFGAm's impulse coaster anyway?

I just returned from a Great Escape, SFNE, Compounce, Quassy, SFNJ trip and will be writing up something this week.

First RMC conversion coaster ride for me on Wicked Cyclone and I am hooked. While I think an RMC ROAR would finally give the park a coaster I could love, I don't see it happening. ROAR is a cold weather coaster for sure and people will catch on to this only adding to FF and HitP.

SFGAm's impulse seems most likely. If they were going to spend money I could see another Joker 4D cookie cuttered in.

The easiest way to disperse that crowded parking lot in the park itself is a path between Coyote Creek and the back of Gotham. When they do that they can clear the area for the Impulse or a Joker 4D. It would create some hype and buy a year. Change the restraints on Mind Eraser (which made it a tolerable ride at SFNJ). Drop in some Freestyle beverage stops while they're at it.

I would rather see them focus on ride op and food service training, couldn't advertise it, but it would help. I would love for them to partner with Chik Fil A in some way to have them train food staff and run the booths.

SFNJ? I think you meant SFNE which has a Mind Eraser invert like SFA.

OMG the new trains on the Mind Eraser at SFNE give it a complete 180 turn around for the better. I LOVE the restraints on it. The ME is one of my favorite coasters and if SFA bought the new trains I am sure the ridership would rise. The SLC at Morey's has the comfortable restraints as well plus the layout there is a little different. One of my favorite boardwalk coasters hands down.

Wicked Cyclone is AWESOME!!! I still prefer Iron Rattler but WC was really fun!

Once you ride one Sky Screamer you've rode them all. Especially, since I have been the two tallest in the world. Even though I think this was a great ride to add to the park I wish they would get some more non-traditional flats that area not at parks within 3 hours.

Non traditional flats? What would that be?

SF is a creature of habit and cloning. Only 3 SF parks are without Sky Screamers and I would bet GAm and MM will get them soon. SF is likely going to keep on installing Giant Discoveries, 3 in the last 2 years. Another staple flat ride that many patrons like. I expect they will come up with a new clone ride for the super loop. They may have topped off after 8 in a 2yr span and none last year. Of course they did take a yr break in sky screamers after installing at least 1 every year for 5 years and then went back to it in 2017.

I assume you're referring to the Sky Screamer's at Six Flags over Texas and Six Flags New England, respectively. Both of which are over 400 feet tall!

I assume you're referring to the Sky Screamer's at Six Flags over Texas and Six Flags New England, respectively. Both of which are over 400 feet tall!

Yep, I have rode them both.

Non traditional flats? What would that be?

SF is a creature of habit and cloning. Only 3 SF parks are without Sky Screamers and I would bet GAm and MM will get them soon. SF is likely going to keep on installing Giant Discoveries, 3 in the last 2 years. Another staple flat ride that many patrons like. I expect they will come up with a new clone ride for the super loop. They may have topped off after 8 in a 2yr span and none last year. Of course they did take a yr break in sky screamers after installing at least 1 every year for 5 years and then went back to it in 2017.

Yes, ones you do not normally see at parks....

1. Unicoaster - Chance

2. Freestyle = Chance

3. Air Race - Zamperla

4. Endeavour - Zamperla

5. Power Surge - Zamperla

6. Super Spin - Zamperla

7. Energy Storm - Zamperla

8. Stampede - Wisdom

9. Y Factor - Wisdom

10. Viper - Wisdom

11. Booster - Huss

12. Topple Tower - Huss

13. Jump - Huss (I know Canada's Wonderland had problems with theirs but Huss still makes this ride and its so much fun to me)

14. Dancinf Fly Midi - Fabbri

15. Inversion - Fabbri

16. Niagara - Fabbri

17. Eclipse - Fabbri

18. Magic Dance - Fabbri

19. Super Orbiter - Fabbri

20. Suspended Polyp - Gerstlauer

21. Water Cosater - Intamin

22. Flume - Intamin

23. Rocket - Funtime

What can you see from WWloT?

I assume Fed Ex Field. Is it tall enough to see anything in DC?

FedEx Field is quite easily visible. When I was there for the media day, it was clear enough to see the Washington Monument. It should be noted that though Wonder Woman is 240' tall, the actual height off the ground of a rider at the peak point is probably right around 200' (or not far off) as the max height seemed right about in line with the top of Superman. As the two rides are so closed together, really anything you can see from Superman you can probably also see from Wonder Woman... the only advantage from Wonder Woman being that you are up at that height for a longer period and can view the surroundings in a full 360 degrees without twisting around.

1. Unicoaster - Chance

2. Freestyle = Chance

3. Air Race - Zamperla

4. Endeavour - Zamperla

6. Super Spin - Zamperla

8. Stampede - Wisdom

9. Y Factor - Wisdom

10. Viper - Wisdom

11. Booster - Huss

12. Topple Tower - Huss

13. Jump - Huss (I know Canada's Wonderland had problems with theirs but Huss still makes this ride and its so much fun to me)

15. Inversion - Fabbri

16. Niagara - Fabbri

17. Eclipse - Fabbri

18. Magic Dance - Fabbri

22. Flume - Intamin

23. Rocket - Funtime

Okay, more what one may call "European parks" flat rides Zamperla is selling more stuff in the US lately, I think the Luna Park showcase of their rides is helping and Owa should boost that more. I really like the Zamperla rides I have been on. I wish SF would buy more Endeavours and try out a Hawk, Power Surge, and the Super spin. Air Race's also looks cool or in the same genre SF could try a Gerstlauer Sky roller or Sky Fly.

Never been on Fabbri rides, but checked out their website and they have some interesting looking stuff, some of it is similar in concept to Zamperla's. Mondial has some interesting things that Cedar Fair is trying like the Inferno(CA Wonderland 2017) and Top Scan(KB 2017). The Mondial Tornado and Super Nova also seem like good rides. I'm still hoping somebody buys a Huss 2nd gen Enterprise.

1. Unicoaster - Chance

2. Freestyle = Chance

3. Air Race - Zamperla

4. Endeavour - Zamperla

6. Super Spin - Zamperla

8. Stampede - Wisdom

9. Y Factor - Wisdom

10. Viper - Wisdom

11. Booster - Huss

12. Topple Tower - Huss

15. Inversion - Fabbri

16. Niagara - Fabbri

17. Eclipse - Fabbri

18. Magic Dance - Fabbri

22. Flume - Intamin

23. Rocket - Funtime

Okay, more what one may call "European parks" flat rides Zamperla is selling more stuff in the US lately, I think the Luna Park showcase of their rides is helping and Owa should boost that more. I really like the Zamperla rides I have been on. I wish SF would buy more Endeavours and try out a Hawk, Power Surge, and the Super spin. Air Race's also looks cool or in the same genre SF could try a Gerstlauer Sky roller or Sky Fly.

Never been on Fabbri rides, but checked out their website and they have some interesting looking stuff, some of it is similar in concept to Zamperla's. Mondial has some interesting things that Cedar Fair is trying like the Inferno(CA Wonderland 2017) and Top Scan(KB 2017). The Mondial Tornado and Super Nova also seem like good rides. I'm still hoping somebody buys a Huss 2nd gen Enterprise.

SFOT is currently the only SF park to have received a Zamperla Endeavor ride. The one at Coney Island is the Endeavor 24 model while the one at SFOT is the larger Endeavor 48 model. Currently, there are only a hand full of Zamperla Endeavor rides existing in the entire world. It remains to be seen if the ride will be given to any other SF parks.

1. Unicoaster - Chance

2. Freestyle = Chance

3. Air Race - Zamperla

4. Endeavour - Zamperla

6. Super Spin - Zamperla

8. Stampede - Wisdom

9. Y Factor - Wisdom

10. Viper - Wisdom

11. Booster - Huss

12. Topple Tower - Huss

15. Inversion - Fabbri

16. Niagara - Fabbri

17. Eclipse - Fabbri

18. Magic Dance - Fabbri

22. Flume - Intamin

23. Rocket - Funtime

You ask for examples so I gave them. These rides do not have to be *European" rides. Anyone in the world is free to buy from these companies and install these rides. I never understood why the USA does not install these awesome rides.

WTH? They raised the height requirement on Rodeo. Daughter is pissed.
rodeo is not even as good as it used to be. I think they decreased the speed, the amount of spinning, or something. The ride always used to be down so they had to alter it some how. It's not as forceful or fun compared to two years ago.

Really? Seems close to the same; I think you may be right with the spinning though. I get lucky. Seems to always work when I'm there. I wonder if the new requirement has something to do with that lady almost having that heart attack on it a couple of weeks ago. That wouldn't make sense though.

Really? Seems close to the same; I think you may be right with the spinning though. I get lucky. Seems to always work when I'm there. I wonder if the new requirement has something to do with that lady almost having that heart attack on it a couple of weeks ago. That wouldn't make sense though.

WTF . . . someone nearly had a heart attack on Rodeo?

rodeo is not even as good as it used to be. I think they decreased the speed, the amount of spinning, or something. The ride always used to be down so they had to alter it some how. It's not as forceful or fun compared to two years ago.

The Rodeo used to have an AWESOME cycle. It used to go really fast and it would spin both ways. It would start in one direction... then halfway through it would stop and start spinning in the other direction. This is back when it was first installed though.

The one at Ocean City at the Pier still had a great cycle last time I was there.

The Rodeo used to have an AWESOME cycle. It used to go really fast and it would spin both ways. It would start in one direction... then halfway through it would stop and start spinning in the other direction. This is back when it was first installed though.

The one at Ocean City at the Pier still had a great cycle last time I was there.

They actually removed it, but it was a long cycle and spun well. It was replaced with a temporary portable drop tower for one season, then when the tower left a Jump-and-Smile ride was put there. Those types of rides are alright, but definitely a downgrade.

They actually removed it, but it was a long cycle and spun well. It was replaced with a temporary portable drop tower for one season, then when the tower left a Jump-and-Smile ride was put there. Those types of rides are alright, but definitely a downgrade.

Dang!!! My favorite was still the one Santa Cruz Boardwalk - its under the boardwak, in the dark, and plays music.

At least Jolly Roger at the Pier has a power Surge now! That is awesome.