TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I find it interesting that both SFA and SFDK are getting rides named "Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth", but they aren't the same. SFA is getting a FunTime Starflyer, while SFDK is getting a Zamperla Giant Discovery.

Yeah, and the last one to use that name was a Round-Up out at SFMM. They've got the IP rights, gotta make the most of it.

The VR for mind eraser should be put on hold until it gets the same train as the one in New England. Either SFA gets brand new trains or borrows new England's during the summer. However, I think that is not likely and park goers will suffer the head banging VR experience lol. Don't be surprised if it stops working right after the first drop.

The VR for mind eraser should be put on hold until it gets the same train as the one in New England. Either SFA gets brand new trains or borrows new England's during the summer. However, I think that is not likely and park goers will suffer the head banging VR experience lol. Don't be surprised if it stops working right after the first drop.

I'm just glad they took it off Superman (both here and at SFNE). That's all that matters. I frankly don't care if they put a crappy VR experience on a crappy ride... lol

Looks like I am going to have some free time on our vacation, so I am going to swing by the park one evening for a few hours. Never been to the park, and I don't really know what to expect. Honestly, I just want to get to experience a few new coasters, and then move on.

Looks like I am going to have some free time on our vacation, so I am going to swing by the park one evening for a few hours. Never been to the park, and I don't really know what to expect. Honestly, I just want to get to experience a few new coasters, and then move on.

You should try the rodeo(breakdance) and flyers as well.

The park is very small. Must rides are Wild One, Jokers Jinx and Superman:ROS. Their drop tower is small but good. Roar was running really well in 2016. It's a pretty dumpy park (sorry locals!) but there are some fun rides. I've never had an issue with employees or other guests. For good mixed drinks check out Hurricans near Wild One. That's all I got.

The park is very small. Must rides are Wild One, Jokers Jinx and Superman:ROS. Their drop tower is small but good. Roar was running really well in 2016. It's a pretty dumpy park (sorry locals!) but there are some fun rides. I've never had an issue with employees or other guests. For good mixed drinks check out Hurricans near Wild One. That's all I got.

Hopefully I will be able to get all the "must rides" knocked out in a few hours!! *fingers crossed* If not, there's always next year!

Their drop tower is small but good.

I think once I survive Zumanjaro the day before, I'll be good to tackle any drop tower!

Went today to get my season pass.

Pleasant surprise: XSupremacy's stand-up coaster riding tip over in the Carowinds thread page 838 worked for Apocalypse.

Unpleasant surprise: I spent most of my VR ride on Mind Eraser trying to keep the headset on.

My other hobbies have me in the DC area a few times over the summer, so I'm looking forward to adding a few hours at the park to those trips.

Great first day. I was actually surprised that the ops moved so fast on the first day. When Batwing has 2 minute dispatches, that makes for a good day. All other rides, save for Mind Eraser had pretty short (less than 1 to 1 :20 second) waits the entire day.

More crowded than any other opening day that I've seen. Got plenty of re-rides.

Roar: Still running like new

Wild One: running superbly

Superman: Not running as it should because of the temp, but still ok

Mind Eraser VR: dispatches were good for a VR Coaster. Experience was pretty good.

Fireball: Great. Yes, I like the Fireball.

JJ: same as always. Newly painted trains.

Apocalypse: sucks as always

Ragin Cajin: long line as always, but good

Batwing: Running great, but seemed slower than usual at the end. Dispatches were actually pretty good.

Shows: EFX is back! Excellent! Doing other shows today. Will be posting pics in a few minutes.

Food: They have a new Mexican place in Chesapeake. Had a quesadilla. Not too bad.

Misc. Some of the light sockets from HITP are still up. They decided to leave Santas house intact. They put the arcade around it.

Wow. All the "this park sucks" post made me think I was in the Six Flags St. Louis thread for a few minutes. Looks like I need to lower my expectations for this park even more. . . Wait... I doubt that's possible.

There are 3. One of them posts a lot during the season. Another posts a lot during the season and fright fest. Sfafans, sfafansite, and six flags America connoisseurs. All on FB. The latter is a great group. There are three because this park is great.. well.. fun