Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 976 - Chocolatetown & New Roller Coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby amy_mel » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ If Lightning Racer is 45 minutes and Sooperdooperlooper is 90 minutes, I'm scared to know what Laff Trakk is. :lol:

It's better that no one mentioned it. I haven't seen a line that long since it opened. There was a boy scout camping weekend at the campground and they took over the park. I heard someone saying they waited 30 mins for dippin dots.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby freejaffa » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:48 pm

When the season passes went on sale this discount appeared. From the wording of the 2019 season pass benefits infers that the coupon book has been discounted. This deal is better than the two 20 dollars off regular admission that came with 2018 booklet.

The holloween discount is even a better as a percentage of the ticket price.

I’m cautiously optimistic that Hershey is going to have fewer but more significant discounts 2019 pass holders. :b

Any thoughts?
9A0B40FB-E533-4E7F-8383-597E9499E5E5.jpeg
The new pass holder discount from August15th to September 2018
5CD81CD4-44B0-418A-91A4-8A3853AB8FEE.jpeg
The new pass holder discount for Halloween 2018
Last edited by freejaffa on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:21 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby freejaffa » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Accidental post

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Today was probably the most crowded I have ever seen the park. I knew it was going to be crowded based on wait times on the app the last Saturday and the Saturday before that but wanted to get 1 trip in before Hersheypark in the Dark begins.

Walking around difficult where food lines were going to the walkways. Comet, Great Bear, sooperdooperlooper, Laff Trakk all had lines that were overflowing onto the walkways. Fahrenheit, Lightning Racer, Wildcat and Wild Mouse had almost full queues. The most surprising wait times on the app were Lightning Racer and Trailblazer and 75 minutes although I don't think that was accurate. When I rode Lightning Racer later it was a 45 minute wait on the app and took just over 15 minutes. Crowds were more reasonable after 8 although some rides like Fahrenheit and Laff Trakk had really bad lines even later in the day. Coal Cracker was closed all day.

HPLines1.JPG

The app had a 45 minute posted wait time for Great Bear. It was at least double that.

HPLines2.JPG

sooperdooperlooper's line was also out of the queue.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby amy_mel » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:25 am

We were there yesterday for a few hours too. It was by far the worst crowd I've seen in a very long time.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby harleybodyclinic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi Matt , I think you are right. Thanks James :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:30 am

WOW! I have never seen lines like that at this park, accept for the Chick Fil A in the park.

Than again I only go to this park every two years or so.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby IanKgtr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:11 am

Millie I Skyrush I Toro I I305 I Fury I Maverick I Kumba I Volcano I Phantom I Phoenix

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:21 am

Hersheypark has announced their 2020 expansion, Hershey's Chocolatetown!

New Region Featuring Arrival Experience, Coaster, Restaurants and Retail to open in Summer 2020
(Hershey, Pa. - October 3, 2018) - Inspired by the legacy of founder Milton S. Hershey, Hersheypark, the 121-acre amusement park in Hershey, Pa., announced a $150 million transformational expansion.

Opening in summer 2020, Hershey’s Chocolatetown is a new region at Hersheypark where guests can eat, play, shop and gather year round as part of the development of 23 acres.

“We are incredibly excited to enter this next chapter in the rich history of Hersheypark. Hershey’s Chocolatetown will mark the true intersection where fun meets chocolate,” said John Lawn, president and CEO of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts (HE&R). “Chocolatetown will be a place where chocolate-inspired attractions will transform the guest experience in new and engaging ways.”

Hershey’s Chocolatetown will feature several marquee elements:

• New Arrival Experience and Front Gate
  • 15th Coaster - Fastest, Tallest, Longest, Sweetest
  • Restaurant, Bar & Patio - Largest full-service themed restaurant in Hershey
  • Ice Cream Parlor and Confectionary Scratch Kitchen
  • 2,200-square-foot Starbucks® Store
  • Largest Kettle Corn location at Hersheypark
  • One-of-a-Kind KISSES Fountain
  • A new home for the Carrousel, turning 100 years old next year
  • Flagship Store with the largest collection of Hersheypark merchandise.

The investment of $150 million dollars into the 23-acre Hershey’s Chocolatetown development represents the largest capital investment and most transformative expansion in Hershey Entertainment & Resorts’ history.

“This will be a definitive project for Hersheypark, HE&R and our destination,” said Lawn. “Inspired by our visionary founder, we are so proud to be able to leverage our remarkable history and our shared iconic brand in creating a sense of place that you can only find in Hershey, Pa.”

Construction is slated to begin in January 2019 and Hersheypark will remain fully operational during the 2019 season as Chocolatetown comes to life for the summer of 2020.

More here: https://stories.hersheypa.com/hersheypark-announces--150-million-hersheys-chocolatetown-investment/
Chocolatetown Aerial.jpg
Image courtesy Hersheypark
Chocolatetown Entry Plaza.jpg
Chocolatetown Restaurant Interior.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby knowit » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:21 am

I’m baffled. But excited !

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!