Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby prospekt88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:37 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Based on the renderings, the only thing that seems to be getting removed is the Shoreline Sprayground complex, which isn't a big loss comparatively speaking. Bring on the park's 14th coaster!!

If you look at the background of the concept art that shows a close up of one of the flying saucer turns, it looks like they actually managed to keep Shoreline Sprayground as well.

In my opinion the water coaster is the perfect addition and the mat racer is just icing on the cake. The water park really needed to add capacity and this will certainly do that, and in probably the best way possible. Hershey has gotta be one of the best value parks in the country when you consider you get access to one of the best ride lineups in the world, what is now a really good looking waterpark, a nice little zoo, the free nighttime preview, and Chocolate World.

And to think they haven't even begun to expand into the golf course they now own....
Last edited by prospekt88 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:39 am.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:37 am

This park just keeps getting better and better each year. I think it's the top park on my bucketlist for the USA.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby prospekt88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:41 am

MIAfan88 wrote:Great additions. But what is the point of the saucer things? The raft doesn't circle around it or anything.

I've never ridden one but I imagine having the one side completely open air with no wall adds a little bit of an extra thrill, especially in this ride's case because it will be right over the midway.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:48 am

boldikus wrote::lol: :lol: You're acting like this is the first water slide to have tunnels.

we'll see.

would love to be proven wrong.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 am

prospekt88 wrote:
michaellynn4 wrote:Based on the renderings, the only thing that seems to be getting removed is the Shoreline Sprayground complex, which isn't a big loss comparatively speaking. Bring on the park's 14th coaster!!

If you look at the background of the concept art that shows a close up of one of the flying saucer turns, it looks like they actually managed to keep Shoreline Sprayground as well.

Good catch, didn't even see that. Awesome!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby snapfordakids » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:51 am

CoasterGuy06 wrote:
snapfordakids wrote:LIM's on a water coaster?? HOW?!

Proslide has been using LIMs on their water coasters since they built Deluge at Kentucky Kingdom back in 2007.

I'm late af. haha. I thought this was a new advancement.

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:15 am

I'm happy that they are adding more slides since they never really thought things thru with their water park idea. The water park has always suffered from horrendous lines, even worse than typical water park lines it seemed. I love water park rides but I hate their low ride capacity and waiting in line more than riding. One good thing is it will draw even more people into the water park from the coasters and rides meaning less waiting for them.

It's too bad Hershey just didn't build a separate gate water park since it's so popular people would most likely have paid for it. Now all they really lack in the water park is a big family raft slide, and probably some speed slides too.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:132
STEEL:101
WOOD:31
PARKS:25

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:38 am

I rode the new one at Fiesta Texas back in July. These new water coasters are such an update to the typical water coaster. There was no feeling like you were not going to make it over the hill. Also the saucer parts give it a awesome feeling.

I am more impressed with the racers. They look awesome!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:27 pm

MIAfan88 wrote:Great additions. But what is the point of the saucer things? The raft doesn't circle around it or anything.
Yeah, I don't get it either. Even the POV just makes it feel like a turn. Why the huge saucer spectacle if none of the saucer is even being used? *shrug*

Anyway, certainly great additions, and the racer looks like a ton of fun too.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby blk_mamba » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:24 pm

Major props to Hershey for such awesome additions. A water "coaster" (if it ain't on RCDB, it doesn't count, imo, lol) and a record breaking mat slide is amazing. What makes it more amazing it is they are not removing any major attractions.

Hershey always does such a great job in using and repurposing spaces in the park! I have never been a water park guy but this addition has me intrigued. Alot of parks are bringing their A game for 2018.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!