Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 953: Hersheypark teasing 2019 addition!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:06 am

boldikus wrote:^ You should absolutely still go to Hershey because even without Skyrush, the park is AWESOME and the rest of the coaster lineup is rock solid (save for Wildcat, which isn't a bad as whiney enthusiasts make it out to be). Not to mention, Skyrush is the polarizing type of experience that you really should try and decide for yourself. There is a 50/50 chance you will love it or hate it, but you should form your own opinion. Don't base your opinion off that one review because while he's not alone in hating the thing, you can see a lot of us defending it. I get why people hate it, but I love it for its intensity and unique experience of near-death-by-airtime.

But yeah if B&M hyper floater air is what you are looking for, that's not what Skyrush is gonna give you. Imagine riding a giant robotic steel bull that is actively trying to launch you off its back with enough power to send you 250 feet up (if of course, you didn't have that pesky lapbar holding you down). The POVs (and even offride footage) do not do it justice, they often make the ride look slow and meandering but when you're actually on its anything but.

Try to find a backseat POV on Youtube (they exist but I'm never certain whose videos its not ok to link to here). Those videos do a better job of showing off what the riders bodies are doing during the ride (hair flying up, upper bodies thrown around, etc).

Even if you ride Skyrush once and hate it, the rest of Hersheypark is awesome. Just go on a cloudy or autumn day because their fast pass is a joke.

I got off the one ride I took on it, terrified.

it really felt like it was trying to kill me, and I do not ride rollercoasters to "hope I don't die".. . did not enjoy it for more than 1 moment (and that moment was going up the lift hill) HATED it.

that said, Loved, Loved, LOVED StormRunner, Lightning Racer, SuperDooperLooper, Great Bear, and liked Comet, Trailblazer, and the mouse (didn't ride Fahrenheit, Laff Track wasn't open yet, and i hated Wildcat too).

the line up of flats is great at Hershey too, as is the attached zoo. absolutely worth a trip
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CoasterFEV » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:41 am

bert425 wrote:it really felt like it was trying to kill me, and I do not ride rollercoasters to "hope I don't die".. . did not enjoy it for more than 1 moment (and that moment was going up the lift hill) HATED it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Reminds me of most of the coasters we rode with TPR in China!

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:48 am

A water coaster (perhaps by Mack) would be an awesome addition for Hershey. It would check of many boxes for a water ride, family ride and thrill ride.

As for the Wild Mouse being retired, I truly hope not. Everyone that has ridden Hershey's Wild Mouse knows that it is by far one of the best Wild Mouse coasters out there.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:14 am

^ As would a splash battle...and it would take up much less space than a water coaster.

Postby JordyC » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am

Clue 2 of 6.
19904933_1017104021725838_6566943486987122849_n.jpg
There's A Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Silver Star - Europa-Park 7. Balder - Liseberg 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland 10. Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Coasters: 203 || Parks: 38

Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:14 am

JordyC wrote:Clue 2 of 6.

Removal of their Tornado Slide?
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:26 am

^ I don't think so, that's pretty tightly wrapped onto that one tower. "There is light at the end of the tunnel" most likely refers to the sudden burst of sunlight once you emerge from an enclosed water slide tube. My bet is on a new slide complex over by Roller Soaker's old station.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Clearly the Smiths will play a concert next year.

Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:50 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:^ I don't think so, that's pretty tightly wrapped onto that one tower. "There is light at the end of the tunnel" most likely refers to the sudden burst of sunlight once you emerge from an enclosed water slide tube. My bet is on a new slide complex over by Roller Soaker's old station.

Hopefully a water coaster or something like Mammoth!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:30 pm

My prediction is a water coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!