Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby TyRush » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:52 pm

I must say Skyrush is a true Machine!
My favorite part of the entire ride(other than the awsome airtime :airtime: ) is at that last turn down by the Catering area, it really whips you out of the seat if your on left wing.
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:56 pm

willh51 wrote:The last post I made came off a little douchy, but I didn't intend it as so. I wasn't talking specifically about the lap bars, just the wild ride Skyrush gives in general. I very much believe people on TPR about a ride's quality and comfort, so the comments about the lap bars on Skyrush, rattle on Oziris, etc. I assume to be true. I've just had some funny experiences at theme parks where people will complain about ANYTHING.

You are 100% right though. Many people really DO complain about anything, which is a shame when it makes what is a real issue for some, like the Skyrush restraints, a really really big deal. I'll be really peeved if they did something like trim the hills (rage face) or altered the ride in any way because of it.

But yes, that's generally the "masses"... people here on TPR seem much better informed and just better opinionated about coasters.
OK now that sounded douchey ha

TyRush wrote:I must say Skyrush is a true Machine!
My favorite part of the entire ride(other than the awsome airtime :airtime: ) is at that last turn down by the Catering area, it really whips you out of the seat if your on left wing.

Does it ever!
I am a hands up guy but even after a few rides I had to grab something.
Skyrush is one of the times I let out true, full bodied screams too. What a wicked experience.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby JayB18 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:25 pm

I had my hands up during my 1st ride. The 5 other times I rode I was holding on to the grab bars the entire time. Something I didn't mention was that I really liked that they were trying to fill all seats. They were sending single riders with groups of 3 and trying to get 2 groups of 2 together so the empty seat issue they originally had seems to be resolved.

Postby JJLehto » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:33 pm

JayB18 wrote:I had my hands up during my 1st ride. The 5 other times I rode I was holding on to the grab bars the entire time. Something I didn't mention was that I really liked that they were trying to fill all seats. They were sending single riders with groups of 3 and trying to get 2 groups of 2 together so the empty seat issue they originally had seems to be resolved.

Eventually I managed to do hands up the whole ride...I just had to be comfortable with "I will NOT fly out" :lmao:
Yes that was great to see, and the line really moves pretty quick.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:27 pm

I am at the park now and boy is it empty! Just walked on SR and wait for Skyrush is minimal. The new lap bars are definitley more padded but my legs never hurt in the first place so its the same to me
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Postby JJLehto » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Yeah....to think just a few years ago SR was the ride....now I can ride 4 in a row with a total wait time of under 20 minutes!
I can't believe Hershey has been so empty this summer.

Except Fahrenheit, that wait seems to always be long!

Funny, Id never dream of waiting an hour for that.
Go figure

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby RCT2day » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 pm

JJLehto wrote:I can't believe Hershey has been so empty this summer. Except Fahrenheit, that wait seems to always be long!

I was there today and noticed the same thing. I got on Stormrunner's front row twice and 3 other times walk-on while Fahrenheit I only got once due to longer waits. By 4.00, Skyrush had a 15-20 minute wait (running only 1 train) for maybe the best coaster in the park now. While my thighs hurt from the restraint by the time we got back to the station, the immense drop, massive airtime, beautiful scenery, and seat/restraint design (with the exception of the minimal amount of pain in my legs) was phenomenal. Great addition to the park, it'll be interesting to see where this finishes on people's list.
Check out my parks:[b]
The Pridelands - RCT2 park
Kidron Park - RCT2 park 78.13% with Gold Accolade at NE
Indian Point Ballpark- RCT2 park 54.62 with Bronze Accolade at NE

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:16 am

At Hershey right now, queuing for Skyrush. We beat most of the crowd and only had to wait for two switchbacks, but they're only running one train. It doesn't really make a noticeable difference in dispatch times :P
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

I make music: https://tigercastle.bandcamp.com

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby StarWars » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 am

Yesterday I went to see the Baltimore Orioles play the Detroit Tigers (the Orioles lost 7-2 :( ). In between one of the innings, there was a promotion for Hersheypark and Skyrush, in which on the jumbotron, the entire POV video was shown. A voice on the video told us to have our best roller coaster screams. It was hilarious hearing all the people screaming as if they were on a coaster (many of which had the arms in the air).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:39 pm

StarWars wrote:Yesterday I went to see the Baltimore Orioles play the Detroit Tigers (the Orioles lost 7-2 :( ). In between one of the innings, there was a promotion for Hersheypark and Skyrush, in which on the jumbotron, the entire POV video was shown. A voice on the video told us to have our best roller coaster screams. It was hilarious hearing all the people screaming as if they were on a coaster (many of which had the arms in the air).

That's really cool!

So who won the game?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!