Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 613: New rides announced for 2014!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby StarWars » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:44 pm

UrbanLegend wrote:HOLY CRAP this ride is photogenic! :lover: I can't wait to see it in person in two months! Also, the station entrances/exit completely make sense now that all the railings are mostly all in. For some reason I was partly convinced that the station would end up being a confusing mess.

I think the whole park is photogenic. I love the way HP lays out their rides, especially in Comet Hollow.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:59 pm

^I'm really amazed at how Hersheypark is able to fit twelve (technically thirteen, Lightning Racer is not a mobius coaster) a full sized water park, dozens of flat rides all in about seventy acres and still manages to make the vast majority of the park gorgeous.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby scbt » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

^agreed, I wonder what will happen first, another new coaster is built or something outta taken down... There really isn't that much room left
Strings - Bacon - Coasters - Turtles

Postby StarWars » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 pm

scbt wrote:^agreed, I wonder what will happen first, another new coaster is built or something outta taken down... There really isn't that much room left

I'd say new coaster, considering Hershey Park closed down the old golf course and that Park Blvd could be rerouted. I think HP's next big thing could be an expansion. This was shown earlier in this very own thread.

http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/hersheypark-over-the-next-decade-2/

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 pm

^Basically, with almost every major park I can think of (with the exception of maybe Cedar Point :roll: ), take the amount of land the park currently occupies, double or even triple it, and you have the amount of land the park can potentially work with.
I'd be really interested to see if this would actually happen. Everybody buy more Hershey bars so we can get more Hersheypark!
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

https://soundcloud.com/jonurban

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 pm

^Do you know how much stuff is actually squeezed into CP?

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^Do you know how much stuff is actually squeezed into CP?

I know that there's a massive amount of stuff crammed into CP; I was just saying that if, for whatever reason, they were to actually run out of room at some time in the future, there isn't exactly a parcel of land next to the park that CF can begin to develop. Of course, me being stupid and wrong and stupid is still a possibility.
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

https://soundcloud.com/jonurban

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 pm

^I think I emailed the park, wondering if they were considering to add large piers and IIRC they said that though they still have plenty of space, that wasn't off the table. If the roller coaster capital of the world wants to keep that title in the long run, that's their only choice anyway.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30 pm

^^Okay, just misunderstood what you said. My apologies!

CP could in theory expand into the peninsula by removing some of the campground/cabins/resort stuff, and they could also expand into the parking lot and move parking off point. If they wanted the park to get bigger, there's room to expand, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Postby StarWars » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^^Okay, just misunderstood what you said. My apologies!

CP could in theory expand into the peninsula by removing some of the campground/cabins/resort stuff, and they could also expand into the parking lot and move parking off point. If they wanted the park to get bigger, there's room to expand, even if it doesn't seem like it.

It would be expensive, but land reclamation is an option. If they did expand the island, I think it would be on the side of the island facing the main land. Back to Hersheypark, if they did expand, what type of roller coaster would you want. When I first saw the link I posted above, I thought it would mean HP would get a hyper coaster. Well, it looks like they didn't need an expansion to accomplish this. So, how does a giga or strata coaster sound? Or maybe a dive coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!