Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 928: New Breakers Edge Water Coaster construction photos
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 am

michaellynn4 wrote:
boldikus wrote:
DILinator wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:It would be a travesty if they were to do anything more than re-track Wildcat.

Travesty. I do not think it means what you think it means. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :nina:

I'm one of the few, misguided, feeble-minded folks who actually kind of likes Wildcat, but I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it being removed in the future.

No, you are not! I think Wildcat is a great coaster and I personally don't think its that rough in a bad way.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:57 am

Wildcat is an enjoyable coaster. That being said, I can almost guarantee that an RMC conversion would be an exceptional ride so I wouldn't object one bit if they went that route.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:40 pm

I think Wildcat is a frustrating roller coaster because it SHOULD be a lot better than it actually is. It's unfortunate that the track was beat up so much by the original PTC trains before it got the Millennium Flyers added to it.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:56 pm

boldikus wrote:Hersheypark eyes 23-acre expansion for 2020 season

Well, I now know when my next PA trip will be....
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:31 pm

boldikus wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote: It really annoys me when people want to RMC a wooden coaster the moment it starts getting a little bit rough.

That actually has very little to do with why I think it should be RMC'd. I just think Hershey has a near-perfect line-up of coasters and if one of their (four) wooden coasters had to be RMC'd to create an even more perfect line-up, then let it be Wildcat. I don't think its as particularly bad as most enthusiasts think but I don't find all that much about it that is interesting or worth saving.

I could understand getting butthurt about anyone wanting Comet (or even Lightning Racer) RMC'd, but Wildcat is the perfect candidate for it.

:nina:

This is exactly how I feel about Wildcat. It wasn't the worst coaster ever, but just not even close to a standout coaster at HP (a park I LOVE, BTW). Replace that with an RMC conversion, which are pretty much guaranteed home-runs every time out, and an already amazing coaster lineup becomes even more killer! And you still have plenty of great wooden coasters there afterward. I really feel like it's only a matter of when, not if, Wildcat gets the treatment!

Canobie Coaster wrote:Wildcat is an enjoyable coaster. That being said, I can almost guarantee that an RMC conversion would be an exceptional ride so I wouldn't object one bit if they went that route.

Again, :nina: No matter how "good" WIldcat is now, it'll be "great" when RMC is done with it. And that's a win/win for everybody!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby freejaffa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:14 pm

They did anyone else see this

http://www.screamscape.com/html/hersheypark.htm

My comantary ()
A Screemscape reader went to the board meeting and apparently the proposal involves three key elements.

1. Moving the roundabout/ tram let off to northeast. (Probably to the parking lot in front of the season pass office, or chocolate world parking lot.)
2. Building a new entrance. (Likely by moving up to the now former roundabout. This also means that you could build a path with out crossing the river.)
3. They will be redirecting part of the creek.

Also remember they still have another 20-30 acres on the west end of the old golf course.

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:26 am

Still no word on Fast Track Unlimited?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby freejaffa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:51 am

prozach626 wrote:Still no word on Fast Track Unlimited?

July 1 we should get a Final answer. It’s the day that early season pass expires and all their 50% off 1-2 day tickets expire. If it’s not available by July 2nd probably won’t happen.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ragerunner1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:21 am

freejaffa wrote:They did anyone else see this

http://www.screamscape.com/html/hersheypark.htm

My comantary ()
A Screemscape reader went to the board meeting and apparently the proposal involves three key elements.

1. Moving the roundabout/ tram let off to northeast. (Probably to the parking lot in front of the season pass office, or chocolate world parking lot.)
2. Building a new entrance. (Likely by moving up to the now former roundabout. This also means that you could build a path with out crossing the river.)
3. They will be redirecting part of the creek.

Also remember they still have another 20-30 acres on the west end of the old golf course.

Do we know if they are planning on just expanding the current park or might they build a second gate? It just seems like the current park can only get so large before the ticket prices to operate gets out of balance with the market. Several (not all) of the bigger parks in the industry have gotten around this cost issue by making sure their waterparks are seperate gates. Cedar Point, Dollywood, Busch Gardens, Knotts Berry Farm, Six Flags Great Adventure. Hershey Park has that extra 'gate' (plus the zoo) included in the current ticket price which might restrict their ability to absorb this large of an expansion under their current pricing system.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:53 am

The main issue to the "added gate" argument for the water park is that its already completely surrounded by the amusement park itself. I don't really see how they'd accommodate that even if they were to consider that an option.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!