Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 903: Breakers Edge Water Coaster & Whitecap Racer details
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:18 am

These are great additions for Hershey, they certainly needed more slides in the waterpark. On our visit two years ago, we only spent a half day at the waterpark because the slide lines were ridiculously long. The mat racer looks like a lot of fun and should have really good capacity. And I am very happy to see more of these hydromagnetic water coasters being built. I've ridden two this summer (RiverRush at Dollywood and Krakatau at Volcano Bay) and thought they were both fantastic rides. Looks like I am going to have to plan another trip out to Hersheypark!
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:20 am

because I have NO faith in humanity. . .

I give it less than 1 day, until someone sits up and smacks the crap out of their head (or clotheslines themselves) on the 2nd set of Tunnels on the Mat Racer.

so expect either a fully enclosed Mat Racer, or a fully exposed one, within 4 months of the opening.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MIAfan88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:30 am

Great additions. But what is the point of the saucer things? The raft doesn't circle around it or anything.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:31 am

Just turns with a fancy name.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC / SWO/BGT

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:32 am

snapfordakids wrote:LIM's on a water coaster?? HOW?!

Proslide has been using LIMs on their water coasters since they built Deluge at Kentucky Kingdom back in 2007.

I give it less than 1 day, until someone sits up and smacks the crap out of their head (or clotheslines themselves) on the 2nd set of Tunnels on the Mat Racer.

I mean there are literally thousands of water slides around the world that go back and forth from tunneled sections to no tunneled sections. Has that really happened yet?

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:33 am

Not to mention I'd imagine the tunnels are designed with enough clearance that if someone sat up they still wouldn't hit their head.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:34 am

boldikus wrote:Not to mention I'd imagine the tunnels are designed with enough clearance that if someone sat up they still wouldn't hit their head.

some idiot will find a way to stand up.

you watch.

(as i said, no faith in Humanity)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:34 am

:lol: :lol: You're acting like this is the first water slide to have tunnels.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby prospekt88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:37 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Based on the renderings, the only thing that seems to be getting removed is the Shoreline Sprayground complex, which isn't a big loss comparatively speaking. Bring on the park's 14th coaster!!

If you look at the background of the concept art that shows a close up of one of the flying saucer turns, it looks like they actually managed to keep Shoreline Sprayground as well.

In my opinion the water coaster is the perfect addition and the mat racer is just icing on the cake. The water park really needed to add capacity and this will certainly do that, and in probably the best way possible. Hershey has gotta be one of the best value parks in the country when you consider you get access to one of the best ride lineups in the world, what is now a really good looking waterpark, a nice little zoo, the free nighttime preview, and Chocolate World.

And to think they haven't even begun to expand into the golf course they now own....
Last edited by prospekt88 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:39 am.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:37 am

This park just keeps getting better and better each year. I think it's the top park on my bucketlist for the USA.
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!